Slot Car Collection

Cleveland

Hi Clevo

Love the new slot it specials, got hold of one of the mazda's.The blue Jagermiester looks great. I would really like to get hold of one, where or who do you contact to get info. on of these rare cars would be a huge help

Anyway thanks for showing us what is around, you have a great collection ,and its great you show us some of these beauty's

all the best Pete

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Miveson,

Im still after two Vanquish Lotus 72's. The blue one & Golf Leaf. I did however get another open wheeler that I didnt think existed. THe Brabham 1981 world championship car.

Clevo

cant believe i dropped the ball last week and missed a lucky strike 72D by five minutes

went for 120au

These have dropped off in price of late. I picked up mine for $160au, and was very happy paying that. People were asking $350 plus for any of the open wheelers from MG Vanquish. Mobbzee if you come across the Blue one or Gold leaf at a reasonable price ,let me know.

Hi Clevo

Love the new slot it specials, got hold of one of the mazda's.The blue Jagermiester looks great. I would really like to get hold of one, where or who do you contact to get info. on of these rare cars would be a huge help

Anyway thanks for showing us what is around, you have a great collection ,and its great you show us some of these beauty's

all the best Pete

Hi Pete,

I dont just have a single contact for these kind of models, Im a customer of many worldwide stores that try to find some of the rarer items for me. Also Im searching the web at every chance I get. I came across the Blue Jager by chance as i was searching images for slot.is, an it turned up on the USA ebay (no more from this seller). Best bet is to search the brand your after in images!

Im sure more of these Blue Jager liveries will turn up pretty soon under another race name. Most of these limited cars become prizes for multiple international events. THey will just have another label on the front of the case. Hope this helps

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

The same, but a bit different.....

IMG_2102.jpg

Of course, in a way it is a bit unique - it is 1 of 24 'Slot.it Shootout' Gold Jagers (and the only one in Australia...)

Still M.I.B. - and I'm not sure what to do with it.....

But there's no way I'd part with the Mazda that earned it - it is widely held that this thing is one of most widely travelled slot cars in the world. Consider this:

As a White Kit, 2010 made in China - shipped to Seattle USA. From to USA to Oz, prepped and sent back to USA for 2010 Slot.it Shootout. 2010 Shootout goes from USA to NZ to Oz and back to USA. End of 2010 series car comes back to Oz. Reprepared agin and sent back to USA for 2011 Slot.it Shootout - which runs around USA & Canada, back to Oz and back to USA. End of 2011 series, Mazda and Jager Porsche are sent to Oz......

So - this Mazda has raced something like over 68,000 ft, travelled over the Pacific Ocean 10 times and visited 4 countries and a lot of racetracks....

Hence the 'patina of battle'...... :

IMG_2103.jpg

Edited by bov

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Only 48 individual numbered Blue Jagermeister's for Greast Traditons 2012 Trans Am Championship. This one is #32/48 .

Clevo

SANY0380.jpg

Hi

For those members that have asked me about the Blue Porsche, I have come across another Blue Jagermeister like the one above. Here's the link on ebay with two days to go

Clevo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SLOT-2012-NORTH-AMERICAN-CHAMPIONSHIP-LTD-962KH-PORSCHE-JAGERMEISTER-1-32-/110900246166?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item19d22b7696

• 2 weeks later...

Only 48 individual numbered Blue Jagermeister's for Greast Traditons 2012 Trans Am Championship. This one is #32/48 .

Clevo

SANY0380.jpg

i found the slot car festival one for a (i thought) reasonable $85au

but the spanish seller wont take paypal...gee i hate that

i found the slot car festival one for a (i thought) reasonable $85au

but the spanish seller wont take paypal...gee i hate that

Mobbzee

Tbirds had these for $80 ea .Not sure if there getting anymore in, but it could be worth asking just incase they do. I managed to get a few from a UK shop which worked out under $80ea landed here.

Clevo

• 1 month later...

Have a link for one of the Blue slot.it Jagermeister's, if anyones after one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110917284421?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also another limited edition from slot.it has just turned up in the UK. Its a green Lola B09 like the standard release with a differenent race livery. Only 312 made worldwide.

B09.jpg

Clevo

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a mixed haul of cars this week turn up.

In the first photo. Two more Fly trucks to the collection,one Ninco Xlot (only need one more to complete series) ,two NSCC limited edition slot.it lola's,two sideways Capri's.Fly's 2004 catalogue GT40 car and a few MG Vanquish's. I only wanted to buy the Gold leaf Lotus to complete my open wheeler collection, but to obtain the Lotus i had to buy the lot......Now I need to find the other Vanquishs as I cant has an uncomplete collection............ :wacko:

SANY0556.jpg

Finally have the five open wheeler's from MG Vanquish. The Brabham being the hardest to come by out of the five. These cars have fast become very collectable

SANY0559.jpg

A better picture of the NSCC slot.it lola's. Only 312 made and these are #15 & #69 of 312. Quite a rare model as not many of these have been up for sale.

SANY0560.jpg

Clevo

• 3 months later...

Hi

Have just uploaded and labeled about 1/3 of the Scaley cars in the collection to the Photo Bucket catalogue. Still alot alot more in boxes that I have go through.Hoping to have the Scaley cars all accounted for early next year, as im unable at present to finish the catalogue. THought it would be easier posting them in different stages.

Hopefully the link will work as Photo Bucket has changed a little since I last used it.

Clevo

Once you open link, hit "view all". it makes it easier to view the collection

http://s274.photobuc...ion/scalextric/

edited to fix link

Edited by Cleveland

Here's a picture of the only Ninco cars in my collection. The metal chassis version of XLOT's are my favourite models from Ninco. I must have been the only person that liked them as they didnt sell very well and were'nt in production for long.

SANY0807.jpg

Clevo

The finish on it is much better that I expected. Do you have many of the Pioneer J specials Clevo?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The finish on it is much better that I expected. Do you have many of the Pioneer J specials Clevo?

Emb's, I have another five that I know of,But I do believe that there could be more in a box somewhere,

J110510.jpg

J141210.jpg

J211210.jpg

J151209-1.jpg

J190909.jpg

THe last photo is of the J model for the stealth mustang.It was the pre-production proto type. I should have removed the plastic case for the photo as it is different to the one for general release

Clevo

But aren't the blue and Stealth regular 'limited' releases? All so confusing!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

But aren't the blue and Stealth regular 'limited' releases? All so confusing!

Embs

My bad, I should have written beneath each of the photo's to avoid confusion.

The blue charger & stealth charger above are both paint livery prototypes (Only 18 of each made). The general release version of the blue charger had a white roof and the stealth was realeased with silver stripe not red. Pictures below is of standard releases.

THe green mustang is a prototype of a notchback painted in the bullitt colour (only 4 made).

Clevo

standard releases

P031.jpg

piop034xx.jpg

A part of the collection that I haven't posted on here is the sets. I dont have a great deal of sets for a collector, limiting myself to the smaller versions of the Aussie V8's. Luckily there has only been six so far. Five through Scalextric's and the other was throught Super Cheap Auto's. As a huge fan of the V8's, I also have also collected every spare chassis and rear wings available.

All sets are still sealed with the factory plastic wrapper.

SANY0828.jpg

GT40's are also a must for me

SANY0829.jpg

And for the last set,

My favourite and prized possession in my collection is this 1957 Minimodels tin plate set. The Minimodels set was only available for 12 months as in 1958 the name had changed to Triang. This set is complete. Has all the original paperwork and batteries, even has a letter from Minimodels apologising for a Ferrari that had to be returned for repair. I did post these pictures a few years ago, so sorry to those who have seen them.

P1010222-1.jpg

P1010223-1.jpg

P1010224.jpg

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

A few other mint items that where meant for the four lane classic track set up, as I was going to paint these up. But i ended up buying all the original 1960's building and spectators, so these are now part of the collection. six grandstands,four pitstops & three control towers.

SANY0811.jpg

SANY0808.jpg

Hopefully be going through the storage boxs over Christmas so I will be able to post photo's of all my 60's items.

Clevo

Bloody lovely Clevo.....

You probably have one of the best Scalex collections in southern hemisphere. Is there much to go?

Miveson there's still all the items from the 60's to 90's which I haven't posted on here yet. Quite a lot of stuff to come. My overall collection would be in the beginner stage compared to a few mates collections (Im only around approx 1800-2000 cars now). My GT40 collection would be one of the most complete going around. I will be posting a current entire GT40 collection photo in the near future, its sure to drop a few jaws.

Mark the largest collection used to be in Adelaide, I now believe that Jims is the largest in Australia. Don't know how much is displayed in the new shop.

Phil, that collection your talking about that was here in Adelaide,as Im sure your aware its now in Spain.I Wish I had of put in a tender for it <_< . Jims collection is probably the most complete these days, I plan to come over to Syndey one weekend just to check it out.

Clevo

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a few of the latest USA limited editions turn up, apparently 2000 of each made. THe charger looks better than i was expecting, the colours and wheels really suits it.

SANY0899.jpg

I always have room for another GT40 in the collection

SANY0902.jpg

Clevo

• 1 month later...

Did he recognise that they are slot cars? He is very particular about what he signs, or used to be. I wonder if Scaley pay him a royalty, as is his arrangement with scale models.

Hi KK

He is still very particular to what he signs, he did'nt sign everthing that other people brought in . He only signed items which he has been paid for in royalities. From what I saw in the line in front of me, he had to deal with some strange requests!

He actually liked the scaley models and stopped signing my cars to explain to the gentleman in the photo who was helping him,his deal with Scalextric. I think I was the only one today that actually brought slot cars in for him to sign, as he hadn't seen the XB. He was quite interested in them an asked how they go,and even had a chuckle that the cars where from the UK as Australia has'nt recieved them yet.

SAM_0429.jpg

He was quite friendly , and didnt mind signing a lot of Scalextric cars that I had brought along. Allan even spoke about his Sons ride for this year. Nothing has been out offically abouts James future in V8 Supercars, but I can tell you that he will be in a "Norton Nissan".

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland

Just met one of my childhood hero's for the first time. Was very pleased to add Allan Moffat to the autographed slotcar collection.

SAM_0426.jpg

Clevo

Great get Clevo. And you have the first 2 Scaley XB's that he has ever signed!

Normal people worry me