Slot Car Collection

Cleveland

Blimmin'eck. I've seen shops that don't carry that much stock.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not having a go, but why??? :)

Its an addictive hobby!

One PowerBall and I'm.......

Great collection Clevo I'm in awe. Not sure if you have posted pictures of your vintage car collection on the forum but I'd love to see them.

Matt

Matt, I havent posted much of the vintage stuff as of yet. But it will all be on here once that side of the collection has been catalogued. My main interest in this hobby is Scalextrics from 1957 through to the 1980's and Ford GT40's from all different manufacture's in 1/32 & 1/24.

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

not having a go, but why??? :)

Its an addictive hobby!

Clevo

It's bordering on a disease.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

As meantioned above, all items in the collection will have images placed in a collection folder on Photobucket with sub folders to each of the different brands for ease of identification,modifying,cataloguing & for insurance coverage.

Have just completed the NSR items and have included a pic below. The older scaley cars are proving to be time consuming to catalogue so they will be last.

Here is the link for the individual cars in the Pioneer bulk picture above http://s274.photobuc...neer/?start=all

Clevo

SANY0051.jpg

Edited by Cleveland

• 2 months later...

Its been a very productive week for the slot collection, picking up quite a few cars that I didnt already have. I was lucky enought to be in the right place at the right time over the weekend. I originally missed the boat with Scalextric's JGTC range of cars, as I only bought a couple of Skylines. I never worried about chasing the others required to complete the JGTC series as they became harder to come by an expensive. I now have the complete series in the standard Scaley form.

JGTC cars from the weekend

P1010015-2.jpg

Still going through the older Scaley cars, so I havent got anymore pic's to post of the older side of the collection. Hoping to have it all completed soon.

Clevo

• 3 weeks later...

The latest Lotus 78 turned up today in the post. Have included a pic of the other Grand Prix cars which where'nt included in the orginal Fly photo. I didnt mean to order four yellow Lotus 78's, somehow the order was duplicated.

The #69 Gauge Master Williams F1 is in the correct colour. THe first version was withdrawn from sale due to being painted in the incorrect colour

Clevo

SANY0044.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have had a busy last few months with the collection, picking up quite a few new cars. Fly trucks are my lastest obsession. Have been collecting them for a month now, and have another five in transit. looking forward to seeing how this truck collection turns out.

SANY0159.jpg

Im very keen on anything that slot.it produce, so I have included a pic of the lastest limited edition car from the european champion's. The second car is for another member on here. I was expecting another Warsteiner livery, but the Jagermeister looks pretty cool

SANY0166.jpg

Clevo

• 2 months later...

The postie was quite busy on Friday. These are a few of the interesting ones.

The polar light kits seem to be great value and detail. Will be building one each of the kits in a few years once little clevo can handle a controller. The Transformer Camaro is a beauty and I finally got another MG Vanquish open wheeler at a reasonable price.

Clevo

SANY0282.jpg

SANY0284.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A few of the latest limited editions from slot.it have just turned up. One's from the USA & the other UK

Only 48 individual numbered Blue Jagermeister's for Greast Traditons 2012 Trans Am Championship. This one is #32/48 . THe Porsche is painted in a very stunning blue colour.

THe Mazda is from the UK slot car festival with only 500 units released. These are #197 & #254.

Clevo

SANY0380.jpg

Nice pickup Clevo - that blue Jaeger is cracker and with only 48 made it is bound to be a very desirable item for the discerning collector.

I just noticed the Lucky Strike Vanquish - that one must complete the Vanquish collection?

HI Miveson,

Im still after two Vanquish Lotus 72's. The blue one & Golf Leaf. I did however get another open wheeler that I didnt think existed. THe Brabham 1981 world championship car.

Clevo

HI Miveson,

Im still after two Vanquish Lotus 72's. The blue one & Golf Leaf. I did however get another open wheeler that I didnt think existed. THe Brabham 1981 world championship car.

Clevo

cant believe i dropped the ball last week and missed a lucky strike 72D by five minutes

went for 120au