Slot Car Collection

131 replies to this topic

#121 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

A real shame Clevo - probably one of the biggest and best collections in Australia.

#122 Kingers

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

Wicked collection!!

Kind regards,

MK

Edited by Kingers, 05 April 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#123 Cleveland

V8 Supercar Windscreen Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

Its been quite some time since being on here, so I thought I'd drop in and say Hi,

And as always have a few pic's of the collection to post . Have had to open all the boxes again to check for damage since the last move (a few months ago), the novelty wore off real quick individually checking 2500 models. But I did get a few pic's that I haven't taken before.

Keeping an up to date photographed listing payed off, as there was a minor hiccup. But that got sorted fairly quickly due to detailed the cataloguing. So if there's any advice I could give the collectors out there, get your collection up to date with photo's! Remember photo's speak a thousand words!

Manic; these are for you mate. Sorry I couldn't get the whole collection in one photo, but there is approx 1000 in these pic's opened at once in the one room (To lay all the models out flat side by side, Im pretty sure I'd need a hanger floor).

View Postmanic35, on 16 April 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

These photos warm my heart and put a smile on my face! Just awesome Clevo, such a shame you could get the single photo of the entire collection.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some of the scaley boxed L/E's. More under the tables
Posted Image

The Fleet
Posted Image

Slot.it Special Edition Porsches
Posted Image

Clevo
Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

#124 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

Very cool...
Whilst I'm a firm believer in that cars should be run, it is also nice to see such a complete collection.

Oh, and you need a much larger space so that you can have them on display...
Or at least, part of them on display, and rotate through them group by group every month or so.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#125 Kommandant33

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostCleveland, on 05 August 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

[snip]
[pics]
Clevo

Holy molten loveballs, batman!

What a collection!

I have bought about 11 Slot.it cars in the past few months, and there is no way I could keep them in their packaging - they have all lost mirrors and wings from flying off the track :D

Very impressive!

He'll be Komm'in 'round the corner when he comes...

Posted Image

#126 Cleveland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

View Postshadow_rusty, on 05 August 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

Very cool...
Whilst I'm a firm believer in that cars should be run, it is also nice to see such a complete collection.

Oh, and you need a much larger space so that you can have them on display...
Or at least, part of them on display, and rotate through them group by group every month or so.

Shadow Rusty, unfortunately those cars pictured never see the light on day. They are only like that to visually check for damage. Due to the size of the only spare room at the time I could only open part of the collection, hence why only 1000 cars are in those pic's. Normally they are boxed in the original boxes and placed in storage. I have pic's at the start of this thread showing how they are stored.

Thats one of the reasons why the collection will be going, as it's gotten far to big to display everything in a house. I would need my own slot shop to have the room to do it properly.

The older car's did get track time, and there wasn't any that I wouldn't run. I used to go to a collectors race night in Adelaide which was an awesome time with the older 60's cars. The Scalextric cars in the same class of each other were extremely even in pace, as they can never get full traction with the old pizza cutter tyres, and drift really well, so the racing was very close. The Plastic track added to the nostalgia. Gentleman rules applied of course due to the cost of some of the cars, but nevertheless still a lot of fun. The white C96 Auto union below was an absolute blast to drive. Here's a couple of pic's of some of the older scaley cars tucked away in the collection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your right though, they should be on display, but realistically it couldn't happen without a large business area. I have an extensive range also of mint packaged spares,building's and accessories from the 60's on wards that go in hand with the cars. My though was if that I'm going to collect the cars, then I will be collecting everything else that came out at the same time from Scaley. Not to many people on here are into the older stuff, so I never put that much up here for all to see.

I did once mention to a slot car shop that if they wanted to display the entire collection of everything I've got, I would loan it out. The cost of extra insurance to cover the lot, was a turning point.

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland, 06 August 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#127 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

Very cool Cleavo.

I knew your collection was too big to show all at once which was why I suggested sections.
This month might be trucks, next might be 70's Scaley.
That way you get to see and appreciate them, as can others.

And those classic scaley's look like great fun.

Do you have much Aussie Scaley?
If so, you may be able to display it at the Australian national museum.

P.s. If you do sell, I hope the New owner shows the same level of enthusiasm for the collection as you do.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#128 Cleveland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

Hi all

Its been a long time since last being on here.

Will have some great pic's posted soonish of the items & models that I never published on here previously. Quite some interesting slotcar memorabilia that you don't often come across.

The slotcar collection is being replaced for the new hobby which is in the two wheeled form of Ducati's. Have a few special Ducati projects going on in the background plus these two everyday bikes. The up side of owning older Ducati's is that my mechanical skills are vastly improving.

Posted Image

Happy slotting and will post some photo's soonish in true Clevo style.

PS: The old ute is still not finished

Edited by Cleveland, 13 November 2018 - 07:27 PM.

#129 Cleveland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:18 PM

A photo of the aussie V8's being unpacked before listing them on ebay.

212 V8 Supercars in total.

#130 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

an invisible photo it would seem......but I love the bikes.
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#131 Cleveland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:09 AM

Having a few upload issues. Hopefully this will work.

https://i.postimg.cc...0406-164500.jpg
Posted Image

Edited by Cleveland, 03 December 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#132 Cleveland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:06 AM

Hi all

A large proportion of my collection will be at the swap meet below on 3 March 2019.

If you haven't seen whats in my collection Have a look through all these posts. I will be bringing a large diverse range of items including cars,bikes, trucks, sets , buildings & figures etc etc which are all mint in box, plus older second hand items.Plus items in which i have never posted on here. A lot of the items in the collection are no longer available and quite desirable.Items for collectors & racers alike. It wont be all of my collection on offer, but it will be a large proportion of it.

Making room for the new hobby.

It should be a fantastic day out, as there are a lot of sellers this year. Drop in and have a look

Clevo
Posted Image

Edited by Cleveland, 01 February 2019 - 03:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users