Sign in to follow this  
Eno the Wonderdog

Dreams Involving Slot Cars

..ok how many of you have had dreams that involve slot cars?

I had an odd one this morning I've been tossing up whether to post or not..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

you know the rules Eno what happens in the slot room stays in the slot room :D:lol: But to answer the question I have dream t about having a decent slot haven but not about the cars themselves

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

the only time i have done that was when i was building my rally track..

something to do with it being on my mind as i went to sleep i think!

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

yea a couple of weeks ago i had a few nights of dreaming about Lane Changes, couldnt get them out of my damn head,I was building at the time.Amazing how the lane changes would work their way into a dream:)

routed + digital + analogue...just what i always wanted

I come as close as dreaming of my new house to be built so then I get my promised slot room complete with home track, other then that all other dreams seem to be about winning Lotto! :lol:

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

This one was odd. Up near my place is a town (Kallista) where you can nip up to the mount Dandenong tourist road up different roads up & down the mountain from either end of the main st (12 shops). I'd built that as a slot car track - except there was a lake next to town which was modelled with real water. In the lake Richard and myself had put terrapins, frogs and Gippsland waterdragons. We'd been racing 'targa floria' cars (track was digital & varied from 1 lane sections to 3 lane bits..) the pets being moving chicanes, when the missus sent us to Kallista to buy some milk.

Richard declared he was going to ride shotgun as we climbed into our yellow Ferrari 330 P3 (open top version of course) and he climbed into the child restraining seat mounted in the passenger side with a full sized shotgun loaded with solid shot. I took the gun off him & put it behind my seat. When we got to Kallista the shop was closed so we had to drive past the lake to go to teh town up on the tourist road for milk. At this stage I found out why Richard had bought the shotgun & gave it back to him. The 'real' terrapins were the size of dinner tables, the tree frogs the size of VW Beetles and of course the Water Dragons were the size of B Doubles..

..after that the dream got weird.

The slot hillclimb/racetrack was very very cool though. :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

..after that the dream got weird.

Because before that point it was just an average day. :D

Up and down the side streets of Kallista would make for some good hill climb track. As long as you don't plan on trying to put a turning circle at the end of some of the no-thru-roads.

I have friends that live in Kallista. I believe 'Gently sloping' was the term the real estate agent used for the block. A normal person would just call it freaking steep! From the back entry to the block, where the garage (officially dubbed the Eyrie) resides at the edge of the road, the mountainside drops away some 48 stair treads to the back door of the house. From the front door there is another decent of around 70 odd steps to the front gate on the bottom road. Not a good backyard for playing cricket.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Not sure if this counts as a dream. As a boy I was prone to sleepwalking, on several occasions I returned to watch TV with my mother and father whilst fast asleep. One night my mother heard a noise downstairs and came into the middle room and found me racing two Scalextric Jaguar cars around the track I had set up whilst fully asleep. As you sometimes do when I awoke the next morning I retained a faint recollection of what happened. All very strange.

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.