lenny broke

Ozrally Proxy 2010-11

Hi All

I'm sorry to have to announce that I am unable to commit to this years series as co-ordinator/ director. I have been selected to go to South Korea as part of the Austalian marshal training team for the first grand prix there. Also I will be in Singapore for the GP just two weeks before. Another factor is that I have racing commitments at the other end of the series with the Clipsal 500 and the AGP in March. I feel that it would just be too difficult to attend to all the things required to do in the lead up and finish to the series as well as attend these events . So the upshot of all this is that I feel I should handover to someone who can commit to do the job properly. I have let the advisory team and last years track hosts know the situation and asked if one of them can take over the running of the series. I'm sure someone will be willing to take on the task I still intend to be an entrant and hopefully a round host. I am also willing to assist in anyway after my 1:1 scale commitments have been completed.

Cheers

Alan

Hi All

I'm sorry to have to announce that I am unable to commit to this years series as co-ordinator/ director. I have been selected to go to South Korea as part of the Austalian marshal training team for the first grand prix there. Also I will be in Singapore for the GP just two weeks before. Another factor is that I have racing commitments at the other end of the series with the Clipsal 500 and the AGP in March. I feel that it would just be too difficult to attend to all the things required to do in the lead up and finish to the series as well as attend these events . So the upshot of all this is that I feel I should handover to someone who can commit to do the job properly. I have let the advisory team and last years track hosts know the situation and asked if one of them can take over the running of the series. I'm sure someone will be willing to take on the task I still intend to be an entrant and hopefully a round host. I am also willing to assist in anyway after my 1:1 scale commitments have been completed.

Cheers

Alan

Lucky sod!

I should have stayed at being a flaggie!

Terry

Hi All

Cheers

Alan

Lucky sod!

I should have stayed at being a flaggie!

Terry

Hey thanks Terry.

Thats where I started out too, standing trackside getting sand blasted by 20 odd F5000's and then rained on all day, a cold pie and a hot coke for lunch etc. :P

I feel very lucky to be getting the opportunity to do all this now. when I first started I thought it was pretty cool just to get in for free, never even imagined where it would lead me.

Ok guys ,hate to be the stick in the mud but is something happening or what. I know it's not a 5 sec job to organise and with Lenny's other committments (good luck to you Alan enjoy every minute of it) It seems to have gone stale and if we intend to do this Proxy those who have put their hands up to host need something to go on . Some have also entered the SCX Proxy with cars and also track hosting. Again apologies if this is seems a gripe but when the dates for the rounds are figured out, hosting a round of the Oz Rally will not clash with the SCX one. No track dates for the SCX Proxy yet but as you may be aware it is starting off here in Oz ,maybe late Dec early Jan at this stage.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I am sure we can work the track dates out favorably and so they don't clash with the scx rally once someone puts their hand up.

Maybe you would like to do it Teamred?

It doesnt realistically have to be done even in the next couple of monthes.....even if its not up and running by the time the scx rally starts it isnt going to be world shattering. It might be that the proxy cars go to tracks that arent in the scx rally at all first.

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

After some talks around the Ozrally Team I will be taking on the job of co-ordinator/ director! Lenny has drafted some rules that he is sending on to me and he has had some discussion with tentative host tracks. Once I get the info I will post it ASAP. I will also try and work with 356 and the SCX hosts. I believe we can work around any possible clash of dates.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hi Phil

check your e-mail, draft rules and some thoughts sent.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts guys. I may be being a bit selfish by handballing the series, but these trips are too good to pass up Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Oh Smallnails , All I was after was some info on what was going on. To be kept in the loop . Thanks for the offer ,but no thanks. If someone had comeback and said it would be a few weeks off before we can start so be it ,least we would have known. IMO

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks for taking on the job Phil :) I am not fussed when the series starts, just as long as we give everyone fair notice for car builds and track hosting etc . While the rally proxy has "traditionally" been a summer event, it really doesn't matter when it is run, just as long as it fits in with the track hosts "other priorities" ( read life, work, family)

My 2c worth.

Normal people worry me

I agree with triggy. My focus will to just get a car that can circulate without tipping over. That will be a good start.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

I agree with triggy. My focus will to just get a car that can circulate without tipping over. That will be a good start.

Just keep all your weight low (and no Blu-tack) :lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I look forward to entering this years series with a rally car, not a road course car (lesson learnt...)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver