Why I Love Macs

dangermouse

Check out these instructions for connecting to WiFi at MickyD's

I love the Mac - turn on the Airport - select Free WiFi - Go

Windows - 5 somewhat tasky steps with lots of bolded words and then a list of things you need to make sure you haven't selected...

I am just glad Microsoft doesn't make slot cars.....

;) there is a thought I guess if Apple made slot cars we would have the iSlot - what would we have if Microsoft made them.....

wifiinstruct048.jpg

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

One could suggest if Apple made the iSlot it'd cost around $500 for the baseline model. Although it would come in numerous different colours.

If MS made one? Hmmm... It'd half work half the time. You'd have to give it full throttle to make it stop. But, hey... It'd be cheap, initially.

Ah well. Perhaps we should look for an open source slotcar. Then we could pay for various releases of the same 'free' slot car.

I'd just like to point out, I grew up as an Apple II fan. It was the first Macs and their lack of card slots and therefore configurabilty that turned me anti-Apple. I wish computers were simple again. ;)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

One could suggest if Apple made the iSlot it'd cost around $500 for the baseline model. Although it would come in numerous different colours.

If MS made one? Hmmm... It'd half work half the time. You'd have to give it full throttle to make it stop. But, hey... It'd be cheap, initially.

Ah well. Perhaps we should look for an open source slotcar. Then we could pay for various releases of the same 'free' slot car.

I'd just like to point out, I grew up as an Apple II fan. It was the first Macs and their lack of card slots and therefore configurabilty that turned me anti-Apple. I wish computers were simple again. :(

:lol:

Apple made the iSlot it'd cost around $500 for the baseline model. but you would have a really good user experience with it...

however the iSlot may have antennae issues so it wouldn't be any good with Rick's Scorpius wireless :D

Remember that joke that went around a few years ago

At a recent COMDEX, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon." In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

Now we should write one for slot cars :)

I think the current Macs are nice and easy to use....maybe you should check them out again Emb :)

so I am thinking slot.it or NSR are Macs - so what slot cars are Microsoft?

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Carrera?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

yeah but macs are for simple people, thats why there's only one mouse button :)

:lol: been a while since a Mac mouse has only one button - the current Mac mouse has no buttons - just a heap of touch sensitive areas so it has several buttons and a scroll wheel built into a smooth wireless mouse - pretty cool actually - and they just released a multi touch track pad as well which is pretty useful....

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Carrera?

Ember

I think you are right carrera microsoft,revell,microsoft....Its takes years to get it right

Sometimes it just won't work.....sounds more like computers the more I type......

:)B)B):lol:

Steve

ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS BEFORE OR AFTER

IS JUST WAITING RACING IS LIFE STEVE MCQUEEN

Yup. And even more a case of some work and some don't.

Carrera for instance.

New Audi R8 is great!!! However, new BMW may be not so great. What do you think Manimmal?

Haven't tried a Revell yet. Nothing that's been tempting. Fun Cup VW maybe, but I just bought 2 Pink Kar VWs. Don't want to look like too much of a VW fan. I'd really love a Revell Merc 300SL but the price :lol: if you manage to find one on eBay. E Type is probably next in line.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

:lol: Nice one Neo. I'll never be as anti-Mac as I was in the Apple II days. But.... I'd be up for an absolute fortune to turn my home network of 4 desktops and a laptop (for two people) with assorted software into Apples these days.

Bring back the Peach, Banana and Loquat.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I am a converted ex-mac hater. No problem with either camp, but I work with computers all day, I like the fact that they just work. One Windows box at home I use for nothing but media serving and stupid thing crashes for no reason and doesn't tell me why. Oh, and the old PC is used for slot timing running UR.

I dont love Macs or Windows. I use linux but am not a fanboy as has been witnessed with the recent iphone 4 release. Ultimately, they are a tool to do your work or to entertain you. Nothing more. If that tool does your job, then it is useful.

Must admit that the Macs do look pretty but am not sure how long this argument can really be sustained!

Regards

John

I like apples

Granny Smiths and Golden Delicious.

micro soft apples might ok :bday: for makin' scrumpy wif :P

Luv Scrumpy Jack.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

I dont love Macs or Windows. I use linux but am not a fanboy as has been witnessed with the recent iphone 4 release. Ultimately, they are a tool to do your work or to entertain you. Nothing more. If that tool does your job, then it is useful.

Must admit that the Macs do look pretty but am not sure how long this argument can really be sustained!

Regards

John

Use MS XP at home and Linux on my netbook. They both give little trouble but I am always hesitant to upgrade any MS product that actually works. :P

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

I have an Apple ][ in my garage, as well as a couple of SE/30's (one was used on stage for MIDI in a duo, the other was a backup), just threw out a couple of 7200 PPC's and still have a 6200 with all my olf MIDI files still on ... soon to be transferred to a mirror door G4 ...

Damn, I have a lot of old junk!!

Cheers

Richard

:P

Apple Lisa, Original Mac Portable, Apple IIe IIc and IIGS, Mac II, Mac SE, iMac coloured one, Powerbook 100, Mac Classic, Black Powerbook, Titanium Powerbook - not sure what else.....bit of an Apple museum (a mate of mine worked for Apple in Brisbane, when they moved digs they were going to throw it all out - so it ended up at my place) talk about a collection of a lot of old computer junk :bday:

DM

oh and a Newton

Edited by dangermouse

I've not long gotten rid of all the old computer gear. Apple II+, IIGS with Imagewriter, Dick Smith Cat, Dick Smith Wizard (great game machine that was) and of all things a PDP11. Yikes. All but the PDP11 were mine. Then there were the ex's Commodore 64, Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200.

When I remember how much all that cost to buy new it really hurt to get rid of it.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Indeed. First computer with a graphic user interface. Went from Lisa to GS and Mac.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I've not long gotten rid of all the old computer gear. Apple II+, IIGS with Imagewriter, Dick Smith Cat, Dick Smith Wizard (great game machine that was) and of all things a PDP11. Yikes. All but the PDP11 were mine. Then there were the ex's Commodore 64, Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200.

When I remember how much all that cost to buy new it really hurt to get rid of it.

A PDP11, now that brings back memories...

I work with computers all day - when I use one at home I don't want to spend all my time fighting it, I just want to do stuff on it.

As Yngwie said, it's a tool - I download and edit photos, download and import all my music, movies, bit of work, bit of web, email and the usual stuff.

Yep, has to be a MAC at home for me, has been for the past 10 years, ever since OSX.