Scx Digital Track In Brisbane

foggy

Hi Guys,

Well I had some SCX gear turn up on Friday!!

042.jpg

But alas I couldn't touch it as it was my darling wife's Birthday, :P So needles to say there was plenty of trips into the shed that night I snuck to show all the boys what I had!! B)

Anyway Saturday night after I recovered, I cracked the seal of the first SCX digital set and started the initial set up....... 2.30am I decided to hit the sack!!

104.jpg

012-1.jpg

Its by no means finished as I still have a few things to ad to it, and I will probably change the lay out a half a dozen times before I am really happy with it. Anyway once I have it all sorted out I will be having some digital racing for anyone that is interested. I am going to look at running the RMS software when it comes to organising the racing, has anyone had any feed back on this software?

Cheers for looking,

Foggy

SCX Digital.............The way to go!!

Thanks Guys........... Yes yes, you've picked me in one, I am a big kid! ;)

Don't worry Bandit they will only be subtle changes I think at this stage, but I'm sure there will be some tweaking going on.

Cheers,

Foggy

Some SCX gear? Looks like enough to stock a small shop!! Don't mind me. I'm just jealous.

Guys, I'm sure we all fit into the "big kid" clan. Otherwise we wouldn't still be spending so much time playing with toys!

Enjoy Foggy

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks Embs,

Yes I,m sure there is orders going out that are smaller than mine, and I still haven't got everything yet! Hehe!!

I guess at the end of the day I need people to see what is available in the SCX range and let them have a play.

Cheers,

Foggy

Nice layout Foggy,

I reckon digital racing is more fun when you combine fast straights with tight technical sections which allows for blocking & overtaking etc.

Yes I agree we are all just Big Kids but my 84yo dad told me once a blokes mind dosen't grow up from around 19yo so I'm just going with the flow.

Cheers

Phil

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Billy Cart, I have tried to combine the nice big straight aways and the tight infield like you said and your dead right, makes for good racing!!

I was once told by a very smart man...or was he very drunk???....... I don't know I cant remember?? Anyway he said....... "To Grow old is mandatory, but to grow up is an option"......... I live by it! :lol:

Cheers,

Foggy

Edited by foggy

• 2 months later...

hello kevin here from perth i was weondering where can i get parts for the digital cars i need f1 chassis and corvette chassis my set is in storeage at the moment i have a pitbox set plus lots of extra track. i want to set up a massive track like yours awesome set up you have

Thanks Kevin, Stranbridge Hobbies in Perth stock SCX digital so they would be your closest dealer, they should be able to order any parts they don't have if not in stock.

If you have no luck let me know!

Cheers,

Sean

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys I know its been a while and lots has happened since the last time I was on here, but mot of importantly I have been able to do some more to my track!

018-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

I have also devised a way to raise the whole set up using a winch for when I need the space for other things.... If anyone is keen to see that let me know and I can put up some photos for you!

Cheers,

Foggy

• 2 weeks later...

Great track Foggy

I am tossing up between SCX and Scaletric I am not certain what I will go with :wacko: so confusing to pick one to fork the cash with. How do you find SCX going I love the idea of the cars being the thing that makes the lane change instead of the lane, have you run into any problems as yet?

Brett

• 2 months later...

Brett,

Had I not had a load of scalextric track I would have bought the SCX it has loads of features straight out of the box.

I've recently bought the 6 car power base but now have to buy a cable and some PC software to get some race control functionality (just to make the kids life a misery...)

But I'm loving the new scalextric,,,

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been away for so long but I've been posted away with my work, so I have kind of dropped of the face of the earth for a while!!

Collector... I have never had that problem my self.... not sure why yours would be doing that??

Guys unfortunately with my work situation I have to sell up all my toys!! :-( It looks like I have to move and I have absolutely no room for toys at the moment!!!

I'm willing to sell my setup as a going concern or split up to what ever package your interested in.

Feel free to make me an offer on what you want and I will consider any reasonable one put forward.

All the gear is very lightly used and in perfect working order!

Oh and I also have the hardware for PC lap counter that I got from Europe as well!

Cheers,

Foggy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slot Beginner,

Mate I have a few people interested at the moment but no one has parted with any cash as yet as I have been away with work!

Were you keen on it as a going concern?

Cheers,

Foggy

Edited by foggy