Mobbzee

Mt Panorama Track

Well finally got started on my construction...been a bit slow as i had to do heaps of prep to the area im using to build the track. I know 1:1 tracks dont usually work well but i do intend to convert it to digital later when i have more cash

The area under my house was mostly dirt so ive had to lay a concrete slab, and the area also had heaps of brick piers. The piers were a major obstruction to vision so i have now knocked two of them out to give a better view of the track. The first two photos show the area pre slab and beam.

IMGP0188.jpg

IMGP0189.jpg

In these next pics i have put in the slab and removed two piers. The area is now really opened up and i have constucted most of the framework to lay the MDF on.

IMGP0198.jpg

This second pic is the top of the mountain along the back wall. I say mountain but the track will only rise 300mm as i didnt want to have to many problems with the transition of levels.

IMGP0199.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting started on the track surface, should be a fun project

Looks like your already having plenty of fun! Looking forward to checking out your progress...love the work so far!

Cheers

Daniel

Good work! It's very good to see someone else also re-engineering their house to accommodate a track.

I did a similar thing - check it out!

Count

• Upvote 1

mt1135840120-1.jpg

Ask not what MDF can do to you, rather ask what you can do to MDF!

Good work! It's very good to see someone else also re-engineering their house to accommodate a track.

I did a similar thing - check it out!

Count

Speaking of which, Pete, when you open again?

Good start there, Mobbzee. Will be nice to see a rival to Mt Salt Panarama.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Looking good. What paint surface did you use?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction