Nomad Raceway

Richo99

Richo,

That track looks unreal - a great job - how on earth did you not post pictures of the build? And then patiently wait until it's finished before posting.....

That blue lane looks very difficult to me - but the photo's might be deceptive....

What dimensions are the track out of curiosity?

Edited by miveson

Track was made by Ogilvie Custom Tracks in the US for a friend of mine, who now has a much bigger 4 lane track.... Footprint is approx 7m x 3.5m and lane length about 18 metres. Yes blue is tight in that hairpin, but we get around with our biggest 1/24 cars. I am working on extending the front straight by 1.2 metres, and also the bridge up the top moved out a bit. We will then attack that hairpin and make a new corner.

The track is modular & sits on tables. We pulled it down from its first home & moved it & set up in less than half a day.

We run everything on the track from 1/32 "plastic" cars through to 1/24 model cars. Is used for rounds of the Qld Model Car Championships and sits in my 9x6 shed...

Regards

Pete

Edited by Richo99

Richo

Nomad Raceway

Track was made by Ogilvie Custom Tracks in the US for a friend of mine, who now has a much bigger 4 lane track.... Footprint is approx 7m x 3.5m and lane length about 18 metres. Yes blue is tight in that hairpin, but we get around with our biggest 1/24 cars. I am working on extending the front straight by 1.2 metres, and also the bridge up the top moved out a bit. We will then attack that hairpin and make a new corner.

The track is modular & sits on tables. We pulled it down from its first home & moved it & set up in less than half a day.

We run everything on the track from 1/32 "plastic" cars through to 1/24 model cars. Is used for rounds of the Qld Model Car Championships and sits in my 9x6 shed...

Regards

Pete

...And this was at the last Round of the QMCC in May this year.

1/24 Porsche Cup :

N-1-1.jpg

N-2-1.jpg

N-3-1.jpg

1/24 Historic's :

N-4-1.jpg

N-6.jpg

N-5.jpg

Certainly a very nice track.

Cheers

Werner

Hi John,

No vision problems. You lose sight of you car just after the end of the straight as you go behind the bridge, so not far past where that yellow 917 Porsche is. But as you are back on the power by the time you lose sight, its no problem. The only problem we sometimes have is if a driver de slots just prior or into the corner, a following car may hit it as it is unsighted. A quick marshal solves that problem though...

My planned extensions will make that even better..

Thanks for looking..

Pete

Edited by Richo99

Richo

Nomad Raceway

Guest jazzbell

Track looks great peter,nice set up you have. :) Looks like plenty of room for an extention.

One day i'll get there!

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Thanks Dave & Shane,

I also plan on adding a bit of scenery to make it look better... Bought a heap of figures (1/30th) out of China on ebay for bugger all. just got to paint them all. Have a few buildings about to use.. Dust is the big issue with that though. Pretty hard to keep the dust out, and up here it is that beautiful red dirt which make a nice old mess of things.....

Pete

Edited by Richo99

Richo

Nomad Raceway

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

We have started Drag Racing at Nomad Raceway. I built a 1/8th mile 1/24th board track strip which also sits side by side with an Autoworld HO Drag Strip.

The 1/8th strip has Trackmate Racing timing with a full tree. We have 4 classes based around Plafit style motors and the JK Falcon. Sorry any quicker and there is insufficient run off. The brake area is a clip on and sits outside the shed. The scale 1/8th just fits into the 9 metre shed.

We had our first run on Friday Night on the 1/8th and went very well....

Classes are adapted to what we want to run. We are not a commercial raceway, and we have a passion for hard model racing. So our classes reflect that..

Nomad raceway now has the 21 metre 3 lane Ogilvie circuit as well as the Strip. Toowoomba Slot Car racers use these as well as our oval at Village Raceway and the 4 lane circuit at Hilltop Raceway. we are well covered for slot car racing of all types...

New racers that wish to race with us in Toowoomba Qld are welcome. Email me or click on our weblink below for more details...

Some photo's below of the Nomad Strip...

DSCN0205.jpg

1/8th mile

DSCN0207.jpg

HO Autoworld Strip

DSCN0166.jpg

Start Line

DSCN0168.jpg

Edited by Richo99

Richo

Nomad Raceway

Gidday John, yeah I ran at the old Wynnum Raceway for years. No tracks left, so I thought I would build my own. 8.2 metres for 1/8th mile and I "clip on" the braking area (2.4m). Shed is 9m so the braking area is outside, so raining no racing !!!.. We are in Toowoomba..

If you need any info on how I built it, send me an email

nomadman@bigpond.com

Regards

Pete Richards

Richo

Nomad Raceway

If anyone is interested in drag racing or even having a run with our group on the circuits we have in Toowoomba (Oval Racing at Village Speedway, Circuit Nomad Raceway (Plastics and Board Track cars) and Circuit at Hilltop Raceway), let me know via email

nomadman@bigpond.com

or visit our web at

http://www.nomadhobbies.com.au

Regards

Pete

Richo

Nomad Raceway

• 10 months later...