Ssd Powerbase Issues

Kenny

I suggest you unplug everything - track, all throttles, Aux port (if used) etc, and then power it up again. ie, to isolate away external influences.

Also check that there is nothing blocking the detector holes on the start/finish lines. Also brush out the track and slot to remove any braid strands which might be there.

If its ok, just start adding one thing at a time until the fault re-appears. With that we may be able to assist further.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page

G'Day Ian,

I tried all the normal housekeeping to no avail.

Removed all the power taps to try to isolate track sections, still no go.

Finally totally removed the PB for same resuly. Zip.

It was working when it died.

quote name='MIH' date='Jul 18 2010, 04:54 PM' post='133649']

I suggest you unplug everything - track, all throttles, Aux port (if used) etc, and then power it up again. ie, to isolate away external influences.

Also check that there is nothing blocking the detector holes on the start/finish lines. Also brush out the track and slot to remove any braid strands which might be there.

If its ok, just start adding one thing at a time until the fault re-appears. With that we may be able to assist further.

Ian

"S#!t Happens"

Kenny,

Have you posted this on the International Slot Forum, guys like RichG & Rikorocket would be able to work out if it is buggered or not.

If it is buggered don't worry the PB Pro SH upgrade can be done and you will have a much better more reliable PB (will cost a bit but well worth it)

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Billy_Cart

Cheers

Phil

Its buggered, needs a new main chip, I've seen this a couple of times. send to Rich G in the UK he will fit a new chip, software package @ $60 plus postage.

Thanks,

Any idea what happens to do this.

It's just depressing pushing the cars around the track.

Seriously, though, I have bought another in the UK, it's on it's one way trip to Rich G, and all will be much better, apparently.

There is another on E-Bay in the UK if anybody needs one(more)

"S#!t Happens"

Its buggered, needs a new main chip, I've seen this a couple of times. send to Rich G in the UK he will fit a new chip, software package @ $60 plus postage.

I just looked a bit more.

The last thing I was doing was attempting to program a car to a controllerI had just fixed.

Really the extension cable to that controller. There could have been a one strand of wire "short" in one of the plugs. My doing, I guess. I must get some more glasses. No, not ones full of beer.

But, if this is so, may it have just blown one of the internal fuses.

If it's already buggered, can I do it any more harm by bridging the fuses???

"S#!t Happens"

You can have a look at the fuses, I have bridged them in the past with a strand of wire, there are two so check both. normally its the chip if it comes up with V1.5 when you power it up, normally from power going across one of the LC signal wires, the 5 volt signal does not like 12 volts thrown up it. but it is very recoverable so don't panic.

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

5v fuse must be OK as the CPU started up and showed the version number.

You've made no mention about the backlight on the display, so I assume its still going. In this case the 12v fuse is also ok.

So its unlikely to be those, unfortunately.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page