Ohhh Myyyy Gawwwddd

hoffy

OK, not the dark side you guys may be thinking (i.e, the magnet V non magnet debate).

Just a brief over view of where this is heading. Steve, one of our locals and track owner, is a slot car nut. Monday nights is 1/32 RTR for him. Friday nights is 1/24th sratch builts and for our lucky Steve, every day between means fiddling with something new (or old for that matter) in his shed. Anyhow, he has been keen on doing a Scratch built 1/32 series for ages, kind of a common ground for those who do 1/32 RTR and those who do 1/24 Scratchies.

Today a few of us locals had our first "scratch built and other stuff" meet. We raced on Steve's new and improved track (I must get some piccies for the rest of you), which is a nice flowing, not overly compicated routed track.

I turned up with my first Scratch built attempt (The little brass jobby that I posted piccies of a month or so ago in the scratch built section, now complete with Scaley C series Merc body and NC 2 motor. There were other contraptions, such as Ozrace Soft Body type Falcons and Commodoores (not to mention one of our guys first scratch built....with a lazer cut Stainless chassis that he knocked up at work during the week), but all mainly with RTR type running gear.

Then a few of Steve's 1/24 mates started to turn up.....and all manner of wild and wonderful cars hit the track. Soft bodied FJ's running rippers....mmmm, hard bodied classic american iron running Fox's and Cheeta's.....mmmmm and finally 2 amazingly FASSSSTTTTT wompies running 16D's (mmmm 16d.....reminds me of a girl I knew......ohhh, um, errr, we were talking slot cars....sorry

:P )

Anyhow, I have driven True Scale 1/24th Nascars with such things. They seemed fast but well, this Wompies took the cake. With Foamies on the back they were seriously quick. I think I'm still smiling.

If you guys who do RTR racing only, seriously you need to give these things a try. Believe me, you too will still be grinning :)

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg