GTR XU-1

Wa Slot Car Racing Group Goes Online

Howdy all,

The WA racing group has just got a website up and running (two days old).

Other tracks will be added shortly.

As a note, we have 'borrowed' a photo of the Ford Capri from this site. Contact has tried to be made with the person that posted it (I believe) but if the photo causes offense due to ownership issues etc then we will swap it out....it is a very good photo of a capri slot car by the way. We are also a not for profit group ( i dont know if that has any relevance)......I am side tracking.

The site is: www.wascrg.com (for West Australian Slot Car Racing Group).

We will still be posting race reports on this site also for those that are interested and link to this website

Cheers,

David

Thanks.

- For the record, Kirk (Captain) did 99% of the work.

We are hoping to get some of the local hobby stores involved and have some links / advertising on the site also.

Dave

As I've said to the guys in our group, it looks presentable, but technically it isn't a brilliant website. I'm waiting for some web designer on this forum to tell us how rubbish it is.

It was just done in microsoft publisher which isn't a great website tool... from what I hear, it's pretty bad... but for someone who has never created a website before (me) and knows little about it - it worked ok. In time, we may put up a decent site, but for now, this one will suffice for what we want it for. It isn't finished yet, and I know some things need to be added or trimmed and aligned.

At the end of the day, I think it works, it displays the information that we want to get out there in a presentable manner.

Edited by Captain

Thanks.

- For the record, Kirk (Captain) did 99% of the work.

We are hoping to get some of the local hobby stores involved and have some links / advertising on the site also.

Dave

When he's not falling over :lol:

Excellent job Kirk!!

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

You're welcome to use the 1/32nd section of our local forum: http://neophytte.mine.nu/forum/

I originally set up the HO side for our local racers, but some of the group were into 1/32nd and 1/24th (mostly drag stuff) and it kinda sits there doing nothing ...

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the offer Neophytte, however, a few of our regulars are members of Auslot slot and we already have a thread on Auslot in the club racing section - I think we'll remain loyal to the auslot forums.

Cheers

Kirk

Thanks for the offer Neophytte, however, a few of our regulars are members of Auslot slot and we already have a thread on Auslot in the club racing section - I think we'll remain loyal to the auslot forums.

Yep, no drama - didn't mean to suggest to take away from auslot, as it's a great site, with loads of info - we found in HO that having a local site was a bonus, but probably because most HO sites are based in USA.

Cheers

Richard

Nice work, the site looks pretty good, I don't reckon you need to complicate things too much, it's looking good.

I had a read through the rules and just wondered what the story is with the rules just so I have the proper info before I form an opinion etc. I have a few questions like are these rules set in concrete, are they open for discussion, who is actually writing the rules, is it just track hosts or.....?

But yeah it's looking good well done...

I Miss Brocky...

Located in yangebup (near bibra lake area). We will be racing this coming saturday if you want to come and have a run... No need bring any cars... We can lend you some.

I will send you a message with details.

Where are you located .... We have guys come from just about every corner of Perth... From as far away as waneroo and upper swan to rockingham in the south!

More than welcome to come along... Have new guys joining a fair bit lately!

Dave