Round 6

waytofast

hi all,

cars have arrived for round 6.

will do a few practice laps when i organise some drivers and give a brief update on the cars performance before we do the actual racing.

my track will favour the speed machines.

ferrodore surface with long straights and sweeping corners.

cheers, steve

ok people, the qualifying was completed yesterday.

all cars handled the track quite well.

below are the best lap speeds for each car.

1. FCC 4.386

2. MANNIMAL 4.390

3. DAVNIC 4.461

4. TAZRACER 4.474

5.SLITTLE HALES 4.508

6. PMC356 4.557

7. RONAN 4.583

8. ANTHONY 4.641

9. GZMINIZ 4.664

10. DANS 4.666

11. NEWSO 4.683

12. SUTTLE 4.687

13. LENNY 4.703

14. SPORTSRACER 4.704

15. OBSIDITH 4.721

16. HOFFY 4.746

17. MARK D 4.786

18. XR8 5.090

racing will be held next thursday night.

cheers, steve

final results for round 6.

qualifying was done during the day last week, racing was done during a very cool canberra night.

maybe this has something to do with the difference in placings from qualifying to final race placings.

1. FCC .............168.21

2. newso... 157.73

3. davnic ... 157.60

4. manimal ... 156.44

5. anthony ... 155.02

6. slittlehales... 154.52

7. lenny ... 154.28

8. mark d ... 153.57

9. tazracer ... 153.10

10. gzminiz ... 152.78

11. pmc356 .. 152.52

12. dans ... 152.50

13. ronan ... 151.76

14. suttle ... 150.10

15. obsidith ... 149.36

16. hoffy ... 148.13

17. sportsracer 147.65

18. XR8 .... 120.23

comments..

manimal, one guide wire was shorter than the other, prevented the guide turning fully to the left. repaired before racing.

ronan, smooth car, but tails out under brakes comming into corner after a long fast straight.

lenny, loose crown gear, fixed before racing.

XR8, cool looking car. lacked speed and deslotted very easily.

it was an absolute pleasure to run the event for round 6.

the drivers last night enjoyed racing the different cars.

thankyou for the priviledge of driving all your cars.

if i can get the pics off my camera i will post them asap.

cheers, steve

Thanks to Steve and everyone that helped out, good to hear you enjoyed driving the cars.

Finally my car gets back to the pointy end, congrats Trevor and Terry.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks Steve and all who helped out,can imagine how cold it was down your way last night,congratulations to Trevor and Dave,very pleased to have my car on the podium,this doesn't happen too often.

Thanks again boys.

Terry

Steve getting the cars ready for the photos

kidsjuly050.jpg

kidsjuly051.jpg

More of the guys start to arrive

kidsjuly056.jpg

Race time. Steve B, Alviro, Donk and Laurie

kidsjuly058.jpg

Steve turning up his hearing aid so he can hear Ray. I think the question was "does the red car go back on the red lane or on the lane that matches the blue sticker?"

kidsjuly059.jpg

We all had a great night and thanks for letting us drive your cars. What was interesting was examining the cars to see what made them fast or slow. XR8's front wheels were so big they prevented the guide sitting in the slot properly so it was easy to see why it deslotted so often. FCC's on the other hand sat very low front and rear. What was interesting was even though his car had a pod it was screwed up tight therefore negating the need of a pod. Body was very loose on the chassis and the car was noticeably lightweight. Something to remember for next year's proxy.

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere showing the cars specs? I'd like to know what tyres FCC is using.

I also had a good look at my car. What was I thinking when I built it? So many things wrong with it.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Paul,

FCC, Slittlehales and Manmmal all have the same 'old' ortmann tyres. Can't get them anymore but jeez they're good.

Thanks for the wire repair too, without it the car probably would have exploded again.

Another congrats to Trevor on the win? no, domination. 5:1 on FCC Eric? I'll get in on those odds!

oh and anthony - those standard ninco tyres have worked this time around!!

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Is it me,or do others see this?

There seems to be a distinct lack of interest in this years DUPR,since the results were put up there have been very few responses,which is in line with other rounds run.

The fallout from past years has been profound.

Terry

Terry, I do not have a car in this series but have noticed it myself. Barely any replies to posting of results. Compare that to the OZRally which peaked interest from all over this great land. I wonder whether the footy season has something to do with it? HMMMM

Regards

John

Last years event did untold damage to the event, I won't go into why.

But gzminiz was very brave to take on the running on the event and is to be congratulated on a great effort.

Just goes to show that even a so called "newbie" can run a good event. :P :clap:

Well done!

Thanks Phil... I have been a bit disappointed at the lack luster affair but still having a great time seeing hoe things go. Hopefully this is a success and breathes some life into next years. We certainly have a few standouts in the field and a lot less entries. Never the less I am hoping this year turns out great and generates more interest for next year.

Again many thanks to all that have hosted a round and all the entrants for having faith in me

Cheers

Is it me,or do others see this?

There seems to be a distinct lack of interest in this years DUPR,since the results were put up there have been very few responses,which is in line with other rounds run.

The fallout from past years has been profound.

Terry

I know exactly what you mean.. my rnd was 1 st and i broadcasted it live and only 3-4 entrants actually acknowledged it with a thank you :D ...

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Last years event did untold damage to the event, I won't go into why.

But gzminiz was very brave to take on the running on the event and is to be congratulated on a great effort.

Just goes to show that even a so called "newbie" can run a good event. :D:o

Well done!

Yes,Eric has done a superb job,my comments obviously were not targeted at him,or any other individual,just a real pity that our proxy seems to have no enthusiasm about it.

Eric,you are a braver soul than I

Terry

In the recent past there have only been a very small number of cars in it with a chance, i don't think that helps people to care what's going on. i have spoken to several who didn't enter a car due to lack of emotional attachment to lmp cars, and others who didn't like the perceived bickering - fair enough on both counts. Might be one or two who didn't enter through fear of not winning too...

(deleted slab of '09 series rant)

Like slot car racing generally I'm sure it will ebb and flow, and down the track we will see monster entries again, perhaps with a class of more varied shape, or more emotional attachment...

- the guy who won the worst proxy series ever.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I have been offline for a while but its nice to log in and see my car win by such a margin. Truth is on such a big open layout the big power was always going to be an advantage. I might need the gap as I am sure its going to be a real handful on the technical tracks. As someone already noted I am running grey ortmanns and they are a great all track tyre. Hopefully the new ortmann competition are equally as good over a range of surfaces. This years proxy is perhaps the way forward to a better event and lessons learnt from such an unnecessarily negative event previously can be put to good use. As for the tight pod the longer i tune cars the more i tend to set the pods firm and the body really loose. Some cars go better with movement in the pod but for the most part i find reducing the amount of movement but making sure the pods vibration does not affect the chassis gives a better more consistent car. I run mostly on flat tracks so someone else who runs on tracks with undulating surfaces might think differrent.

Cheers and thanks again

Trevor.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Well I am keen to be in it as its for a bit of fun, if your that desperate for a trophy and to win at all costs, well you are in it for the wrong reasons. Me I come last every round and could give a rats a##e as I only sent a std Carrerra car, and regardlees of it's faults it just keeps going. Sure a bit more enthusiasm would be welcomed but that's how it is. The only thing I dont agree with is a penalty if something breaks on your car. If it's repaired with identical item I fail to see why you get a penalty. So come on and show a bit of enthusiasm as it is a group of guys sharing the same passion.

My place next round and cant wait BUT dont ask for anything to technical as I failed finger painting at school. Dale ;):):o:D:P:D:)

RUBBINS RACING SO HARDEN UP