fosinator

Ssd Routed

I tested the lane changes tonight and after a bit of a panic i realised i need heapsof power taps,

Just wondering how do other slotters join the wire to the tape?I drill a hole,poke the wire through and tape over it but i can never get it very smooth.

routed + digital + analogue...just what i always wanted

Bet you cant wait to get your pbpro happening. I drilled tiny holes and pushed wire up to the tape and punctured a small hole in the tape and got a soldering iron and soldered it you will get a flat result if you keep the tip of the wire flush with the tape and if you want to cover the solder just lay tape over that section

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

yea MIH will let me know when hes got the bits unless theres anyone in oz that does the simple H and PBPro mod.Im going to mount a screen in between the windows in the photo above.for easy viewing.I'll try the solder tomorow night.

I think when im finished wiring it should take 10-15 mins to swap between digital and analogue 3 lane.Be quicker and easier to have a series of switches but not quicker and easier for me to figure out how it goes.

Love the action with 3 lane analogue racing but i have to say im getting doubts on the digital.Im sending the powerbase off tomorow for PBPro and simple H mods.I hooked up the digital just to see it all working but i ve only got a crappy digital car going so that stopped a lot of the wow factor.I think this track will end up being "The Digital Test Track to See If It Worked".The important thing is ive got all the digital bits to build another one where i would plan the lane changes a lot more carefully,and also just mount the sensor and flipper,and not the piece of track.But I'll see what happens when the powerbase comes back and ive got some decent chipped cars running.

Hi there Fos,

re;

"The Digital Test Track To See If It Worked",

I'll be stuffed if I can find it now, but on one of the other forums, I found a really neat Digital Track, but he had gone where we havn't thought, where as it's digital, you don't need three or even two lanes for the whole track, It was Scaley track, BUT for some technical sections, this track dropped back to a single lane, and passing wasn't possible here and there, a lot more like 1:1 racing. It would make it very interesting, as it would make you pick a lane/line now and then.

My two Bobs worth, food for thought.

Cheers

quote name='fosinator' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:15 PM' post='134463']

Love the action with 3 lane analogue racing but i have to say im getting doubts on the digital.Im sending the powerbase off tomorow for PBPro and simple H mods.I hooked up the digital just to see it all working but i ve only got a crappy digital car going so that stopped a lot of the wow factor.I think this track will end up being "The Digital Test Track to See If It Worked".The important thing is ive got all the digital bits to build another one where i would plan the lane changes a lot more carefully,and also just mount the sensor and flipper,and not the piece of track.But I'll see what happens when the powerbase comes back and ive got some decent chipped cars running.

"S#!t Happens"

Before i tried a routed digital i had a plastic track version and now when i look back at it i am glad i did as it helped me to work out where and where not to put some of the digi things. Analogue racing is fun but Digital is fun in a different way and when you get your powerbase back with all the mods and you run 6 cars on track and your all in a bunch and also on the the same lane you will look back with no regrets but also having the advantage to do 3 lane analogue you will have the best of both worlds.

John

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Hi there Fos,

re;

"The Digital Test Track To See If It Worked",

I'll be stuffed if I can find it now, but on one of the other forums, I found a really neat Digital Track, but he had gone where we havn't thought, where as it's digital, you don't need three or even two lanes for the whole track, It was Scaley track, BUT for some technical sections, this track dropped back to a single lane, and passing wasn't possible here and there, a lot more like 1:1 racing. It would make it very interesting, as it would make you pick a lane/line now and then.

My two Bobs worth, food for thought.

Cheers

Kenny, Some 1 lane sections would be awesome .My mind goes into overdrive thinking about track designs.I love blank mdf,a pencil and a rubber.

Before i tried a routed digital i had a plastic track version and now when i look back at it i am glad i did as it helped me to work out where and where not to put some of the digi things. Analogue racing is fun but Digital is fun in a different way and when you get your powerbase back with all the mods and you run 6 cars on track and your all in a bunch and also on the the same lane you will look back with no regrets but also having the advantage to do 3 lane analogue you will have the best of both worlds.

John

John, I wish i had fiddled with plastic digital before jumping in but like i say i got the bits now, hopefully ill have no regrets.Worst case scenario is ill build another track and thats not a bad thing.I chipped a decent car last night so when th PB comes back ill see how it runs.