fosinator

Ssd Routed

Digital to track is not important - what I mean is the power into the powerbase! When it comes out of the powerbase its now digital, and connection to track is irrelevant. Cool, eh! Whats more, your cars will go forward no matter which way they are on the track. However, they must go over the lane changers and the powerbase the right way to get laps detected properly.

Lane changers get power from the track unless you modify them. However the standard powerbases have a limit as to how many LCs and cars they can run at once (due to EEC toy regulations). Upgrade to Simple-H and you can get more power to the track than that powersupply of yours can provide...!

Use a pit-lane tracks (in and out - eg C7014) to go into the lane. Use the Pit Lane Game, and get it modified to PitPro and handle both in and out of the lane, and use PB-Pro to handle it properly with, say, SSDC.

Ian

thanks very helpful information.When i have recieved my PB ill be in touch to get vthe mods done.Are you the man for this side of the world or is there anyone in australia?

Another thing i just thought of which i remember reading something about on another forum, I will only be able to count laps in 2 of my three lanes.Im sure theres a way around it like having a small 2 lane section but im going to try to make it digital or analogue so i want to keep 3 lanes all the way round.

Gotta love a challenge:)

routed + digital + analogue...just what i always wanted

ok got a bit more routing done.Wish i had have just used the flipper assembly instead of a big bit of track but oh well maybe next time.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

sorry about sideways pics i cant figure it out.

so i read somewhere which i cant find again aargh you can refuel anywhere and its like a gentlemans rule that you do it in the pits.Ive got 1 spare clc and i was gonna use that instead of buying the pit lane.That way i get My PB modded quicker!!

sorry to ask whats been asked many times before but this is how i picture it:

I get my PB upgraded to PBPro and get the SH mod and get ssdc and im good to plug in to pc and enjoy refuelling,fuel simulation and all that good stuff.Do i have to get the pitlane game to have refuelling?

Edited by fosinator

I get my PB upgraded to PBPro and get the SH mod and get ssdc and im good to plug in to pc and enjoy refuelling,fuel simulation and all that good stuff.Do i have to get the pitlane game to have refuelling?

You'll need SSDC or PCLapCounter to do the refuelling and yes you can do it without the pitlane game.

The pit lane game is a waste of time on it's own, however the UK team modified it to be Pit-Pro for which it displays the fuel status of your drivers which is pretty neat, additionally Pit-Pro has pit-in and optionally pit-out detection which would solve the problem you have where people can refuel outside of the pits.

With pit-in/out detection you can apply pit-lane speed limits (as a percentage of throttle) - much like the V8 pit speed limit, however you'll need a fairly large pit-lane for it to work well.

Last thing is with SSDC and Pit-Pro the starting of a race has a neat little countdown on the Pit-Pro where the fuel lights are used to count down from 5 to 0.

Hope that helps....

Cheers

Mark

You'll need SSDC or PCLapCounter to do the refuelling and yes you can do it without the pitlane game.

The pit lane game is a waste of time on it's own, however the UK team modified it to be Pit-Pro for which it displays the fuel status of your drivers which is pretty neat, additionally Pit-Pro has pit-in and optionally pit-out detection which would solve the problem you have where people can refuel outside of the pits.

With pit-in/out detection you can apply pit-lane speed limits (as a percentage of throttle) - much like the V8 pit speed limit, however you'll need a fairly large pit-lane for it to work well.

Last thing is with SSDC and Pit-Pro the starting of a race has a neat little countdown on the Pit-Pro where the fuel lights are used to count down from 5 to 0.

Hope that helps....

Cheers

Mark

Yea thanks mark a big help.I dont want to set pit lane speed and i think my mates and i could agree that anyone that refuels outside the pits gets a black eye:)

Correct me if im wrong but it looks like fuel levels are displayed on the race screen on SSDC.If so that means i can use my existing spare lane change for pit entry without forking out any more cashola.

id like to think that i can add pit pro at a later stage however without pit speed control seeings as i wont have pit in out sensors.Imm sure ill build another routed digital track in about 12 months and ill spare no expense then.Id also build the next one like yours john without the scaley track,just the flippers and sensors or maybe scorpuis.(see spare no expense)I love the thought of wireless.

Yea thanks mark a big help.I dont want to set pit lane speed and i think my mates and i could agree that anyone that refuels outside the pits gets a black eye:)

Correct me if im wrong but it looks like fuel levels are displayed on the race screen on SSDC.If so that means i can use my existing spare lane change for pit entry without forking out any more cashola.

Your quite correct the fuel levels are indeed on the main screen and they are integrated with the current throttle power.

Very interesting layout, that uneven slope near the wall looks superb.

Your quite correct the fuel levels are indeed on the main screen and they are integrated with the current throttle power.

Very interesting layout, that uneven slope near the wall looks superb.

Thanks yea couldnt resist pushing the cars down and copped a bit of air:)but i dont reckon the cars could accelerate that fast

yipee just got the first coat on .ill post some pics soon.I put another lane change in and a static flipper which is used for pit exit in digital, move it for 3 lane analogue.Also need the static one to make 2 lanes for the power base.hard to explain pics will show.

I hate to be a party pooper but I only just saw this thread & I dunno if it's too late or not but lane changers in the middle of straights is a baaaaaaad idea. It's like hitting a chicane flat out, after driving Dave's digital track last night his track runs soooo much better with them removed from the straights & put in places where you can actually use them to over take people.

You will also find that if you are right up someones clacker & you change lanes to pass they will open up a significant margin as soon as you change becasue you have to slow down, change direction & travel slightly further & by the next corner you will be half a metre behind them making passing impossible..

If it's possible I'd route them in & make them longer & smoother like the scorpius ones are & have them just before or just after a corner or somewhere the car is slowing down anyway....

Just a suggestion....

I Miss Brocky...

yea thanks suggestions are good:)hard to explain without pics but the inside is gonna be pit lane.If only there was a way to set that lane change the opposite,so you had to lane change to go straight ahead....only on that lane change.theres gonna be some severe rear ending to start with in the pits when i get this off the ground but i im sure itll only happen a few times and we'll learn

my pits are unusual cos i didnt think about it when i built but should still work ok.

IMG_0632-1.jpg

pit in on the xlc and a fixed flipper to pit out and take back to 2 lanes for the PB.For analogue 3 lane racing ill manually move the pit out flipper and disconnect powertaps to lc's.Sounds easy doesnt it.Well well see what happens.Just got my powerbase delivered about 10 mins ago so ill ship that off in the next week or so for the upgrade.

IMG_0635-1.jpg

IMG_0634-1.jpg

Edited by fosinator

Just plugged in the powerbase and made a circle with 2 lcs,man that was fun.Im pumped now gotta say i was getting doubts on the digital cos ive never used it and ive put a bit of time and energy into this track but 200% boost in confidence now.

got the tape down last night gave it a good rub down checked this morning and it lifted in a couple of spots.Hopefully it stays stuck down.

Damn tape the stuff just wont stick to the ferrodor!!!!!keeps lifting what a waste of $50.I think i gotta try the black back.

Damn tape the stuff just wont stick to the ferrodor!!!!!keeps lifting what a waste of $50.I think i gotta try the black back.

Try a hair dryer on hot hot (or heat gun - not too hot) to soften the the adhesive.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Try a hair dryer on hot hot (or heat gun - not too hot) to soften the the adhesive.

thanks but ill just try the black back i think. i just went down to check it again got p!@#$d off so i ripped it off.I might sand the area where the tape sits too.This is the 6th track i built and the only time ive had trouble with tape sticking also the only time ive used ferrodor so id say its the ferrodor.Maybe i didnt let it cure properly.I only gave it 24 hours the can says 7 days full cure so i probly rushed it.try again next week

Edited by fosinator

Did you brush or roll the Ferrodor

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

just picked up some black back tape tonites job is to scrape the ferrodor off where the tape goes.I found some plans for a tape laying tool so maybe it wont take me 5 HOURS!!! to re-lay the tape.

i started scraping then found a small wire brush did the job a lot quicker.Layed 1 lane last night and its still stuck down this morning so hopefully ill get it all layed by tonite.might aim for wiring up analogue tonite.Im not even gonna hook up digital till ive had it modded.Not much point i wouldnt think from what ive read if it only pulls a couple of amps.

yipee tested all three lanes ...Awesome!!the dip goes off,flat out with scaleys gets really light but sometimes a bit of air,the NSR would launch through the wall flat out!I tested to see if the analogue power would hurt the PB or lane changes but it doesnt.Interesting that the screen lights up with throttle.

Cant wait to get the PB mods so i can mount the sensors and enjoy some digital racing.

Wondering can i use scorpius controls and chips and race mates using SSD controls chips and PB?

Edited by fosinator

COOL!!! I did about 100 laps last night(or was that 300)Very pleased with how it races.The slot in bits of digital track have amazing braking power with magnets but only on those sections so i can powerslide all other sections if i want.I love the split second quietness? as the NSR gets light going in to the dip then again as it comes up the other side.Cant wait for the digital!!

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg