Sign in to follow this  
Count

Tony Gaze Program On Abc Tv

I have just watched Talking Heads on ABC TV which featured Tony Gaze (of whom I was previously completely ignorant) - here is the blurb from the program website:

"Tony Gaze is a fighter pilot and grand prix driver, whose life story reads like a 'Boys Own' adventure. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross three times, was the first Australian to fly jet aircraft operationally and after the war became Australia's Formula One driver".

I thoroughly recommend this show, with some great footage of WW2 fighters (mostly Spitfires), and some great F1 & F2 racing footage as well. You can download the show from the program website as a video file (or probably catch it on iView).

I just checked and they have already posted the file:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/video/

Cheers,

Count

mt1135840120-1.jpg

Ask not what MDF can do to you, rather ask what you can do to MDF!

I was wondering all the way through it if anyone else was watching. It's repeated on ABC2 sometime, I just can't remember when.

Absolutely worth the watch.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hasn't he had a great, and blessed time.

I loved it when he reckoned Mum was a better driver than his Dad.

As he did it all as a privateer, he must have had the backing of his family, good luck to him, and it seems the young Davidsons are related somehow.

Cheers

John

"S#!t Happens"

:lol: Yup. Loved the idea that Mum liked hanging the back end of the car out and drifting round corners. Go Ma Gaze! You rock(ed)!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hasn't he had a great, and blessed time.

I loved it when he reckoned Mum was a better driver than his Dad.

As he did it all as a privateer, he must have had the backing of his family, good luck to him, and it seems the young Davidsons are related somehow.

Cheers

John

He and Lex Davison were close friends and he is married to Lex's widow, Dianna.

more here http://www2.cams.com.au/Content.asp?PageID...&ObjectID=5

Edited by chilla

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.