Wa Slot Car Racing Group

silver rocket

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niall,

I have just ordered some gear as well for next year...So I imagine we should get it about the same time. Might be worth coming over to Syds for car mods to learn some of the tricks to the trade (I havent learnt them yet but will have a crack whilst at Syds at assembling my new Lamborghini at Syds)...only way to learn is to do it.

By the way - is that your sand man...nice if it is...the car is still nice if it isnt.

Dave

Got a few bits in the mail today. I had another look at the classes and mods performed on the cars. I noticed you guys run the standard plastic gears in the V8 Supercars. How do the gears hold up? Would it be worth getting some spares or do they last a while?

Edited by deniall

The gears are a point of discussion at the moment... We have only run them for one season so far... Whilst it would be nice to have NSR or slot it... We don't want to out price the class either. At the moment everyone must run standard gears but they are holding up fine.

Good to hear your order arrived... I imagine mine should be here next week with a heap of decals also.

You going to syds tonight? I might be able to do a passing visit.

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Best mate just got back from overseas and we had a night out on the turps. Hope you guys had fun. Have a great xmas. Looking forward to getting into some racing in the new year.

EDIT still have one more package to come with my Ninco GT, SCX Pro Nascar, NSR Le Mans cars and some other cool stuff in it. Can't wait.

Edited by deniall

2012 WASCRG calendar will be posted soon.

The first test and tune night will be on Saturday jan 14. The first 2012 championship race night kicks off on Jan 28.

Not set in stone yet but it appears we will be racing the Ninco gt anglewinder class, the MJK/scalextric v8 supercars, revell historic NASCAR and the scx pro NASCAR. The NSR historic lemans class will be used to test the scorpius system ready for the second half of 2012.

See WASCRG racers in the new year. Have a safe one!

Dave

Denial,

In the Ninco GT Anglewinder category the Ford GT is a very competitive car (am thinking of getting one myself - but dont tell anyone). The following mods are allowed / rules must be adhered.

1) Full upgrade to any gear / axle / rim running gear configuration (Just about everyone runs NSR gear / axles but can use whatever)

2) The body mounts can not be touched (body can not be made to sit lower) but dremilling around the edge of the chassis so the body sits loose is acceptable

3) Must run a Ninco motor (any size but the orange 23500rpm seem to be what most are running - the 26000 is too much go...the 20,000 is generally not enough go on Syds track)

4) Any tires without adhesive...but must run front tires touching track

5) Must run interior in car

6) Wheels must not protrude outside car body

7) Weight is acceptable ...(but none of us run any as these handle great)

8) Can use Ninco Pro Guide

9) Araldite motor is allowed

10) Bracing rear end is allowed

SCX Pro NASCAR Category - all cars are the same

1) The car MUST be a SCX Pro NASCAR (with 26000 rpm) motor

2) Car is completely stock in every way except that a Ninco Pro guide can be fitted to the front (recommended) and the little brake mechanism can be removed

3) Can run any tire also without traction adhesive (We all run MJK)

4) Must retain original NASCAR looking rims

Revell Historic NASCAR Category - All car the same

1) Car MUST be a Revell historic NASCAR (Ford Galaxie, Ford Fairlane, Plymouth, Dodge Charger etc)

2) Car body can be dremilled but ride height not adjusted (cant grind body mount posts). - Just on this, we do fill the body mounts with araldite and redrill so longer body screws can be used...we found that we were dropping too many of the Revell standard screws

3) Car MUST run MJK rims as so the cars look like a class.

4) Car gets upgrades with Slot.it running gear and 3/32 axle (courtesy if the club - this is paid for by the club) Syd could have a few gears etc...and he could probably tell you what the gear ratio is - (all run same gear ratio)

5) Must run standard motor

6) Can use Ninco Pro guide

NSR Historic Le Mans Category

1) Car is completely stock!!!! Can run MJK tires if you want but the car is literally completely stock!!!

MJK / Scalextric V8 Supercar Category

1) Use Scalextric V8 Supercar body, standard machubi 18,00prm motor, plastic rims and gears.

2) Mounted on to MJK chassis (Syd is best to mount this for you and supply chassis). The bodies re all mounted at the same height (Syd has a little plate that cars are sat on when mounted so we know they are all the same

3) Can run Ninco Pro guide. But must use all Scalextric running gear and rims.

4) Fords must be jumped on first for general improvement (This could be substituted with hitting hard with a hammer - same effect!!!!)

I am pretty sure Syd will be having a practice night next Saturday 17 Dec if you are interested - I will need to confirm with Syd though)

Dave

Got my Ninco GT car. Have a few questions about general set up. You say that it's ok to use any gear/axle combo. What are most people running? Also, what tyres?

What MJK tyres do you guys run for the SCX Pro Nascar?

Just want to get the last few bits I need to get my cars ready for racing.

Maybe Syd can supply the MJK stuff for me?

Edited by deniall

I think it warrants the attention of wa hoon laws! I am sure safety was paramount at that location of the freeway at midnight last night.... Why would you target things like drink driving or fatigue at that time of night when you can just get a camera with minimal effort to do the work for you.

Unfortunate start to the new year Niall. But in the over all scheme of things, I am sure you would have forgotten about it in a couple of weeks.

Edited by GTR XU-1

I use mjk on everything except my nsr Porsche 917k... Where I use the stock nsr tyres that come with it. David and Dimi trialled nsr tyres on their gt cars, but I think mjk are the go in the gt for syds track. I'm very happy with the nsr tyres on the nsr car though... And so is David and both our nsr cars are very quick.... Actually, I could be wrong but I think as mjk were sponsoring the historic nascars, in the past they supplied a set of tires... Not sure if that still stands... Speak to Syd about that one... They may just be supplying trophies this season.