Ae86 Trueno (initial D)

timtulip

Hey folks,

just finished my first scratch build.

PCS32 chassis with the standard running gear. It'll get the slot.it motor and rear end treatment soon enough and some wider axles to fill the guards a bit better.

The car hasn't run yet, only just finished it last night.

I still have to paint the rims all black to match the original comic version.

Mcfwr.jpg

zFCMS.jpg

MckvJ.jpg

Mcpv0.jpg

Mcr_9.jpg

Edited by timtulip

Hey folks,

just finished my first scratch build.

PCS32 chassis with the standard running gear. It'll get the slot.it motor and rear end treatment soon enough.

The car hasn't run yet, only just finished it last night.

I still have to paint the rims all black to match the original comic version.

Mcfwr.jpg

zFCMS.jpg

MckvJ.jpg

Mcpv0.jpg

Mcr_9.jpg

Hi there,nice work on the Toyota.

I have the Intial D Mazda RX7 model and put a scratch built chassis under it.

It works fine but I thought the scale was oversize.

mohaka067008.jpg

mohaka067009-1.jpg

slots14July08008.jpg

The last pic is in comparison to an airfix MGB body....both 1/32???

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I've got an airfix Beetle kit that i'll be making a replica of my real weekend driver Beetle. I thought the airfix kit was a bit small! hahaha

I haven't put the Toyota beside any of my other cars yet to see how they match up, but the kit seems a little big judging by how small the wheels looks from the PCS chassis. But then again, they are mini lites, so they might just be small.

The car hasn't run yet, but i put it up against some of the other cars we have at home. It is definitely a little bit bigger than the other cars in scale. It's bigger than a Scaley Porsche, not by much though, and it's as big as a Scaley 69 Camaro.

So yeah, I think these plastic kits aren't exactly true to scale.

dammit.

Nice job on the kit, Tulip.

I like the Arii kits. Really good detail in most of them for 1:32 kits. The RX7 is one of the ones I want that have so eluded me.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Cheers guys :) Quite happy with it. Except i went to give it its first run tonight and i broke it. The cradle area where the rear bushes click into broke, on both sides. I have the standard motor in it. I haven't done anything to the chassis in the rear at all. It just split on both sides.

So i'm thinking i can try to glue the bearings in place and glue the split cradles, or just order another PCS chassis.

Either way, i'm really not happy. I though the chassis with it's standard motor in it just shouldn't break like that????

I've lost confidence in the PCS chassis. Does anyone know of a chassis that i could use for my other scratch builds? I need a chassis that can go up to just over 100mm in length. I like using Slot.it motors, axles etc, so it'd be great if i could get a chassis that could use slot.it

I too have a Mazda RX-7 bodyshell kit (by Fujimi) and I had intended to motorise it for slot racing until I checked and found that it was closer to 1/29 than 1/32 scale. It's as wide and as long as a Jag E, but it's such a nicely moulded shell with all the trimmings included that I'm very tempted to put a chassis under it and to hell with scale!

FujimiMazdaRX-7003.jpg

"I've lost confidence in the PCS chassis. Does anyone know of a chassis that i could use for my other scratch builds?"

Why don't you go with Slot.it's HRS2 chassis kit? You can have your choice of inline, sidewinder or anglewinder to suit whichever shell you pick and you wouldn't run into motor problems there if you're using Slot.it motors or any other similar type of motor. It's certainly much better handling-wise compared to the PCS which, although good value for money, is a little too basic in design for competitive racing.

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Why don't you go with Slot.it's HRS2 chassis kit? You can have your choice of inline, sidewinder or anglewinder to suit whichever shell you pick and you wouldn't run into motor problems there if you're using Slot.it motors or any other similar type of motor. It's certainly much better handling-wise compared to the PCS which, although good value for money, is a little too basic in design for competitive racing.

the length, it's all about the length :)

I'm building a 57 Chev and also a couple of 50's era Caddy's. I'd like to build my own brass chassis, but i'm not that good, yet hahaha

The Caddy's are long, i need a wheelbase of just over 100mm. I don't think the Slot.it goes up to 100mm. Where the PCS can get there with the step 2 extension kit.

The slot.it chassis is awesome and i can't wait to build a car on it. Same with the MRRC chassis. But i don't think they're long enough.

Could always try the MJK chassis. Its very adjustable, but of course not plastic. Not that that is a problem if you're running it against similarly built vehicles. Or, depending on the kit, I've had others suggest using the kit chassis as part of the process. Strangely enough, I also have a few late 50s 60s Yank Tanks (T'bird, Sunliner, Impala to name but a few) in the stack to build.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction