New Track In Springvale South

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:17 AM

I am currently building a routed track to test 1/24 cars and also run some 1/32 cars.I haven't got any picsat the moment but the dimensions
are 4 metres long by 1.3 metres wide.

#2 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:11 AM

G'day Tony,

I'm looking to do a track of a similar size and would be interested to see some pics of your design etc.

Cheers
Alan Stubbings

#3 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

G'day Alan,
As this is my first go at routing a track after many years of plastic track i will be keeping the design simple but fast and flowing.It will be flat with no bridges and i intend to do plenty of scenery.Frame was made out of 2 pallets that our steel bullbars arrive on at work and the legs and bracing was from other pallets.Mdf sheets will be fastened down on the wekend and then paper will be put over that to do a rough design.

#4 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Visit My Website
here is a link to show the design of the routed track that i am building.It is 2 lanes and arunning length of 50 feet.All comments on the design would be welcomed.Routing is yet to start and there will be more pics available soon.

#5 Eno the Wonderdog

Woof Woof and erm.. Bark

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

I love the 'Parabolique' at the right hand end.
Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

#6 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thanks eno,i was originally going to put an essesinthat area but changed my mind to put the parabolique in to increase the speed and to test the handlling of the cars .as this is my first go at routing i am keeping it simple and routing it straight into the board.

#7 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

After a year of family medical dramas and work related hassles, i have finally finished routing my track and have it up and running and started on some scenery.Made minor changes to the original design and the dimensions are now 4.5 metres long by 1.8 metres wide.Pictures to follow soon

#8 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

As promised here is a link to the photos of my new track

http://s765.beta.pho...sfan05/library/

#9 Holty

Lost Cause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Tony,
looks like this has been a long time project. At least now you can have fun driving on it, unless you already have plans to make changes to it.

Holty

#10 Tony.A

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi Holty,
Yes this has been a long term project and the only plans that i have for changes are to the scenery and the installation of computer lap timing.Some improvements need to be made to smooth out some of the joins but it is an enjoyable track to race on.It is mainly used for testing the flexi cars that i race at Mobile Raceways but i am gradually getting into the scale side of racing with Plafit sports cars and mini-zs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users