New Track In Springvale South

Tony.A

G'day Alan,

As this is my first go at routing a track after many years of plastic track i will be keeping the design simple but fast and flowing.It will be flat with no bridges and i intend to do plenty of scenery.Frame was made out of 2 pallets that our steel bullbars arrive on at work and the legs and bracing was from other pallets.Mdf sheets will be fastened down on the wekend and then paper will be put over that to do a rough design.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks eno,i was originally going to put an essesinthat area but changed my mind to put the parabolique in to increase the speed and to test the handlling of the cars .as this is my first go at routing i am keeping it simple and routing it straight into the board.

• 1 year later...

After a year of family medical dramas and work related hassles, i have finally finished routing my track and have it up and running and started on some scenery.Made minor changes to the original design and the dimensions are now 4.5 metres long by 1.8 metres wide.Pictures to follow soon

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Holty,

Yes this has been a long term project and the only plans that i have for changes are to the scenery and the installation of computer lap timing.Some improvements need to be made to smooth out some of the joins but it is an enjoyable track to race on.It is mainly used for testing the flexi cars that i race at Mobile Raceways but i am gradually getting into the scale side of racing with Plafit sports cars and mini-zs.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...