Gisborne Track

Squeeze

G'day guys, site got hacked and lost my introduction thread so instead of posting that again I thought I'd start with a couple of pic's of where I'm at on my track.

Threw all my old Scalextric track down the tip about 20 years ago when I left the nest.

Had fun with a routed test track (copper tape) which folds away, now down to the serious stuff (Braid).

so far I've got:

500kg hoist....installed

15.5v, 40 amp power supply.

5 cars.

Layout I'm thinking of doing

track_002.jpg

Frame, gone up and down a few times, works like a charm, still needs work done....picture shows it about 2 feet of the ground

IMG_1463_007.jpg

Couldn't find pulleys to suit my needs so made my own, just used bronze bushes because the track will be either on legs when down or held by separate cables, hoist cables will only be in use when moving.

IMG_1464_021.jpg

IMG_1465_012.jpg

Edited by Squeeze

Hey Squeeze :)

The track layout looks really cool and so does the pulley design for quick storage.

Thought I'd check here after seeing your post on OGN, (been on this forum before just not signed up till now) posted a few pics of the temp Scalextric track I setup for only 1 day :D lol

Looking forward to see how this track comes along.

Hey squeeze... better get in contact with gref, Jarrod, Ian or Moe.

Ballarat boys that will be more than happy to get you involved (suck you into) a Friday night session!!!

Check out Sax0607 for info on hoisting (at your own peril).

Enjoy!!!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Hey squeeze... better get in contact with gref, Jarrod, Ian or Moe.

Ballarat boys that will be more than happy to get you involved (suck you into) a Friday night session!!!

done already dick! :):D

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

yep I read about the Sax0607 hoist malfunction, I've been reading these forums for a couple of years on and off, I haven't read any of the car setup/workshop yet but

I think I will down the track, that's why I wanted the oval track, thought it might make for close racing and also good for car setup.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if I'm doing this slow or not but here's a update, only done the oval so far and will most liking tape the inside track for a bit of a blast before I braid and start on infield.

Has taken me about the same amount of beer to get this far as the guys from Ballarat would drink racing there first lap (not that they would remember it) so a couple more slabs and I should have a track finished.

corner 1 of oval

1_G.jpg

corner 2 going up hill.

2_G.jpg

dropping down hill before corner 3

drop.jpg

corner 3, bit of a S going into it and outside lane closer to wall

3_G.jpg

corner 4, will detour off into infield here ( not started yet )

4_G.jpg

full.jpg

Has taken me about the same amount of beer to get this far as the guys from Ballarat would drink racing there first lap (not that they would remember it) so a couple more slabs and I should have a track finished.

hmm noticed lack of sarcasm :lol::D yes we enjoy a beer and our slot cars, friday nights are "our nights" - the women know we are all busy racing and having a few somewhere ;) Have a few frothies and enjoy your track building, once it's running you can enjoy them even more. BUT may be a bad idea to power (tape) it before you finish as it will definately slow progress :D:P

Edited by gref

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Liking the track so far. And the gradient on the hill shouldn't be too bad, but then, what kind of car are you most likely to use. The run-off is goong to be the questionable area.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Great job! Squeeze sorry if this is a stupid question as I'm new to the slot scene, but to make the banked corners did you simply make the radius a little larger than needed and push the 2 ends in to get the radius needed?........Once again sorry if this is a silly question!!

Cheers,

Foggy

SCX Digital.............The way to go!!

yes that's is all I did foggy, for the 1st corner, a 1950mm wide track, I cut a 2035mm dia, so I pushed it in 85mm.

2nd corner I cut a bit larger about 2050, looks about the same, hardest bit is getting the slots right for the straight because it can't be routed while banked, (well maybe it can, I don't work with wood much).

I wanted to try this, but couldn't be stuffed buying another piece of 9mm MDF to get the straights on, if you don't have a predetermined line out of the corner it makes it so much more easier.

cut.jpg

Edited by Squeeze

Thanks Squeeze, I kind of thought that is how you would do it but it was great to get a conformation from someone that has done it before!!

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers,

Foggy

SCX Digital.............The way to go!!

• 1 month later...

Bit of a update, have made a couple of flippers and blu tack them into position to run the outer oval lane, have to say it's worked out real well except you need to slow down the slights bit when going up or down the hill on the straight or the car gets air born, this will be a no magnet track even though i used magna braid. There are 4 lanes changes on the over track and I'll have to position the fencing just right to take these at full speed because there is no way you can take the banked turns full throttle at 15volts.

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

put it away for a couple of weeks while I work on some flippers parts.

IMG_1636.jpg

Squeeze,

Just saw this tread today for first time great looking track for some fast digital racing.

I noticed in your layout diagram you had 13 Lane Brains written, will this be a scorpius track? are you racing with a digital system already? we have a 40m Scaley digital system with all the mods and enjoy a few race nights (& beers).

I drove past Gisbourne today on way back from Melbourne, I reckon car will be looking to turn in automatically in future.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing progress.

Cheers

Phil

Cheers

Phil

12 lane brains now Billy, don't need one for the start/finish line anymore, I still want to get scorpius, I'm looking for a system that works correctly and by what I've read about Ricks testing and more testing and just the way the whole system operates via wireless. I haven't seen a digital track in action yet, bloody 70 minute drive to Ballarat, around 60 to Bendigo, I picked the wrong place to live.

I picked the wrong place to live.

You and me both! Would like the opportunity to give digital a squirt.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Guys,

Track is always open if your ever in the town just need some notice in case we are at the footy etc.

I have tested Rick's Scorpius system a couple times and it works great and wireless controllers are fantastic if you haven't invested heavily in any digital system yet Scorpius would be the way to go.

Cheers

Phil

Cheers

Phil