Round 3 Details

hoffy

If you guys are prepared to bend the rules a little and let Trev race his own car you might stand a better chance of being able to beat him on the night. :band: Have fun with it tonight guys, cant make it. Wife's having a girls night out, Ive got babysitting duties......end of debate.

hat coat Im outa here.

cheers

rick1776

Its oinly qualifying and i have a much better qualiifying record than race record and i think its because i build em a bit "lively". I started racing a T birds and they race unweighted so thats how i got used to tuning and setup. Dennis who is a much better steerer than me often punts one of my cars and says he finds them "hard to drive". This car only weighs 85 grams and i think its probably the lightest car in the field. It has some weight( a few grams) either side of the motor and thats it. This car ate this track up when we practised there so i was expecting it to do well. Its an MB slot krahs motor 16.1 watts of power geared 10/26. I thought it would of been better with a 25 but i didnt have one and with a 24 it lacked a little brake. Ortmanns love this surface and i would be surprised if any non ortmann shod car beats an ortmann car home.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Evening all.

Its race night. We have our drivers on site and are doing a few laps (not the proxy cars!) to make sure that the track is ready to go.

It all depends on how the race goes, there may be some updates, there may not, but there will be a result posted tonight.

As a quick reminder, the race will be across 4 lanes, 3 mins per lane (12 minutes in total per car). The race will be run in reverse order, starting with XR8, Dan, Sports Racer and myself.

Good luck to all!

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

We have a result!!!!!!

SlotRace Manager		   ** CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS **			   07-05-10

Championship Mode  : 1. LANE ROTATION LAP COLLECTION				   
Driven on Track	: Six Pines					 
Number of Rounds   :  1
Length of one Heat :  3min  0sec
Current status	 : completed

# Name / Car								  Points	Heat   Best Lap
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Proxy First CC / Proxy LMP					151.8	 4	(   04.287)
2 Proxy Mannimal / Proxy LMP					151.3	 4	(   04.443)
3 Proxy Suttle / Proxy LMP					  150.3	 4	(   04.527)
4 Proxy Lenny Broke / Proxy LMP				 148.7	 4	(   04.626)
5 Proxy Obsidith / Proxy LMP					147.0	 4	(   04.524)
6 Proxy Slittlehales / Proxy LMP				145.0	 4	(   04.475)
7 Proxy Mark D / Proxy LMP					  144.8	 4	(   04.684)
8 Proxy Taz Racer / Proxy LMP				   141.7	 4	(   04.643)
9 Proxy Davnic74 / Proxy LMP					138.8	 4	(   04.716)
10 Proxy GZminiz / Proxy LMP					 138.8	 4	(   04.853)
11 Proxy Anthony / Proxy LMP					 137.3	 4	(   04.764)
12 Proxy Hoffy / Proxy LMP					   136.9	 4	(   04.905)
13 Proxy Newso / Proxy LMP					   134.1	 4	(   04.923)
14 Proxy Dan / Proxy LMP						 131.6	 4	(   04.912)
15 Proxy PMC356 / Proxy LMP					  131.2	 4	(   04.797)
16 Proxy Ronan / Proxy LMP					   127.7	 4	(   04.765)
17 Proxy Sports Racer / Proxy LMP				127.5	 4	(   05.015)
18 Proxy XR8 / Proxy LMP						 111.1	 4	(   05.358)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite tense on that last heat and in the end it came down to partial laps. Well done to FCC and to Mannimal for such a close finish. Mention must go to Suttle for the bottom step of the podium.

FCC was the quicker car, but Mannimals was more consistent.

OK, now onto the issues. Surprisingly, this has been the most trouble free proxy night that I have had here. There was a problem with Anthony's car and some folded over braids, which cost him 1 or 2 laps. The main issue we had was with Obsidith. It appears that the axle had moved again. It is unsure whether the car actually lost any time, as it didn't appear to cause it to slow, just a bit more noise. We have re-aligned the axle and all is OK and we have made sure that all the grub screws are tight. I think that the next round should keep this in mind when running this car.

From a feedback point of view, it was pretty much unanimous that the best car to drive was Lenny Broke's, followed closely by Suttle and Mannimal. Both cars were easy to drive and quick, just not quick as quick as FCC's. One of the hardest was Davnic74's. It was hard to get the traction down to the ground and actually drive it.

Anyhow, thats it for tonight. Some more photos will follow tomorrow.

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Well done to Hoffy for another well organised race night, went just like clock work. Well done to FCC, Mannimal and Suttle. There were a lot of cars that were nice to drive and a few others that could do with a little tweaking but all in all it was a good group of cars to drive.

Normal people worry me

Well done Trev, you seem to be right about the race performance of your entry - I'm wrapped to be so close for this round, it certainly keeps the series alive for another race :) .

Well done too Hoffy, you've run the event well and provided good explanations, love your work.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Morning all,

I gotta admit that running a race on your track is always a highlight. OK, granted, the entry is a lot smaller then in the past, but I would say the quality was there. (jeez, I remember the first Proxy event we ever ran here. 30 odd cars, finished at 2:00am in the morning, but we had timing issues (the system could only take 20 cars) and didn't know what we were doing)

Like I said above, it was also good to see that we hardly had any mechanical issues. It makes the night just that bit more fun.

Thanks for GZminiz for letting us have a race.

To everyone who entered, I hope we drove the cars to their potential.

I hope we can keep the yearly DUPR series running. It would be a shame to see it disappear. I hope the series remains to be clean (as it is thus far) and people start to build their interest back up.

Cheers

Edited by hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Well done to FCC Manimal and Suttle,

Nice to see a round run without any dramas,like Hoffy says,I certainly hope to see this running for next year and beyond,its too good an event.

I didn't think my car would suit Hoffys track,in the past whenever I have run at Hoffys my tyres have been a problem,hopefully as we move on my Acura will pick up a few spots.

Terry

Thanks for running the round.

Can I get some feedback on my car? It's slow because tyres are crap / moror is too slow / build is pathetic.

Just cross out whichever is not applicable. :)

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

For me personally, it simply didn't have the motor as other cars. In qualifying it really took a decent amount of time to get "wound up" and get a fast lap out of it and it was hard to reproduce. I think this was for me simply because you had to get it absolutely perfect.

I will let the other guys comment if they wish.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Thanks for running the round.

Can I get some feedback on my car? It's slow because tyres are crap / moror is too slow / build is pathetic.

Just cross out whichever is not applicable. :)

Cheers

Paul

It was all of the above, LOL seriously Paul your car was pretty good as were all of the reynards. It just lacked motor and grip but the platform was pretty good. I had a look at it afterwards and you had the body tight and the pod loose. When i drove it it just was a bit skaty from lack of traction and didnt have a lot of grunt but it didn't deslot a lot beacause the car itself was pretty decent. The night was great and driving all of them was good to get a handle on the character of all of the cars and the different approach taken by the builders. I came off when my car was up but i drove all of the others and i echo what Hoffy has already said. Overall the cars that had traction and the front end set well performed well. The leading cars could all be hit hard on the throttle after the tightest corner after the main straight. This is always a sign of a good front end and a straight chassis. Alans was probably my favourite car because it didnt have a lot of motor and even not as good grip as the cars in front of it but it was just such an easy steerer. Even i managed to drive it well so there is a sign that it really is a good car. Manimmals car was noticeably easier to drive than mine although slower it had a lot less crashes. All the boys had their eyes wide open when they drove the red thing.

Note to Paul I think it also still had the shallow spirit white guide in it to. Alans had a Ninco pro race guide and i think it does make a difference.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Manimmals car was noticeably easier to drive than mine although slower it had a lot less crashes. All the boys had their eyes wide open when they drove the red thing.

As a participant in last nights event I wish to clarify that FCC DID NOT drive his own car when it came to his lane, as his comments above may suggest. WizardGM drove FCC's car on his lane.

As Trevor has mentioned, his car was very quick but we all had a few too many offs with it, hence the close finish. But that is what proxies are about: setting up a car that handles well, has good grip, and a fair amount of pace and that anyone can drive. I agree with Hoffy and FCC that Suttles and Lenny Brokes cars were the easiest to drive. GZ, your car just lacked grip, hence there was a lot of sliding through the corners at pace so we had to slow down a touch to get the best result for you. Obsidith and Ronan's cars were bouncy in the front end. Alot of the midfield cars lacked grip and were taily through the corners. XR8's car needs the front tyres trued, more guide in the slot and a little attention to the rear end.

Normal people worry me

Thanks to hoffy and all involved in running round 3 and Congratulations to FCC, Manimmal and suttle on taking out the top spots. Shame about the braid problem for my car as it was actually reasonable in practice, I'm still rather regretting fitting those Ninco tyres though.....