Round 3 Details

hoffy

Howdy all,

Hope you are all ready to Rumble! The shipping crate has made it all the way to 6 Pines for round 3. Festivities are due to commence during the week, with the race scheduled to be held Friday night.

I will keep you posted on the event (still waiting to confirm driver/marshal numbers to see how we do it), so watch this space.

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Round 3 Details, Who will do Fine at the Pines?

Who's machine will reign supreme???????

...........................................sorry, I've got to stop watching Iron Chef :huh:

Edited by lenny broke

Sorry, no live feed. I simply don't have time to set it up. I might do some commentary throught the process.

OK, just a quick run down of proceedings.

With any luck we will get 8 drivers in total. If we do, the race will be done as such:

Tonight (Tuesday) - Open practice and possible maintenance - This will involve me ensuring the track surface is up to scratch (it has been covered since the last use, so it should be OK) and possibly some laps on each lane for each car (but more then likely just using some of my other cars on the shelf). Nothing too drastic, just enough to ensure that the surface is well "Seasoned". I will also have a quick look at each car, but maintenance will be left to a minimum. BRK's car is damaged and he has advised me that if its not fixable, the car will be withdrawn.

Tomorrow night (Wednesday) - Qualifying - Ten laps per car on Blue lane. This will be conducted by myself with some help from Triggy. Fastest lap will count for the grid

Thursday night - Drivers briefing and fan introduction (I.E., nothing.....I'm out on Friday night)

Friday night - race night.

And now for the race format. Each car will do 4 minutes in total on each lane (a total of 16 minutes per car race time). This will be broken up into 2x rotations of each car on each lane, with each run being 2 minutes each. This allows us to have a decent group of 8 people and allows all that turn up a chance to have a drive. Each heat will be recorded to the closest 10th of a lap and all cars returning to the start lane for each heat. As for the drivers, quite a few are members here and all are regular runners on our weekly Monday races.

On that note, I better go and have a look at some of these cars!

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

And now for the race format. Each car will do 4 minutes in total on each lane (a total of 16 minutes per car race time). This will be broken up into 2x rotations of each car on each lane, with each run being 2 minutes each. This allows us to have a decent group of 8 people and allows all that turn up a chance to have a drive. Each heat will be recorded to the closest 10th of a lap and all cars returning to the start lane for each heat. As for the drivers, quite a few are members here and all are regular runners on our weekly Monday races.

Hoffy,

I thought that drivers where meant to be allocated lanes and stay on that lane for the duration, = 4 lanes 4 drivers only.

As per rule 4.2.3, giving each car a fair chance with drivers used to the lane they are allocated.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hoffy,

I thought that drivers where meant to be allocated lanes and stay on that lane for the duration, = 4 lanes 4 drivers only.

As per rule 4.2.3, giving each car a fair chance with drivers used to the lane they are allocated.

In theory, that is what happens but twice (I.E., group one do the driving, each driver is allocated a lane and does each car once, except for the rule where an owner cannot race their own car. This is then again, with the second group of drivers). Look, if people only want 4 drivers to race, so be it. I'll tell a few to stay home. The only reason I run the race in this manor is so that I can get enough marshalls to do the race properly and each person who turns up gets to have a decent run. Ultimately GZminz has the last say, so I'll let the organiser decide if this is OK.

BTW, I have gone over the cars and there are issues with possibly six of them. I am looking at the rules and will contact GZMiniz first and let him decide.

(PS, if we go for the 4 driver format, heats will be 3 minutes, with a total of 12 minutes racing per car. Cheers)

Edited by hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hi David,

I can see what Hoffy wants to do but has described it rather poorly. A set of 4 drivers will be allocated, one to lane each. They do not change lanes and all the cars rotate through the lanes. Each driver will have driven each car once on his particular lane. Once this is finished the 4 marshalls then get allocated a lane for the second stint and those that raced in the first stint then marshall. That way all 8 that turn up to help get a turn driving and marshalling. The event is broken up into two equal parts.

If the rules say that ONLY four drivers must be used then Im sure Hoffy will be happy to only use 4 drivers and the others will just have to marshall all night. Ive seen Trevor (aka FCC) marshall, you better pray he drives on the night. :):D:D Only kidding ya Trev.

cheers

rick1776

BRK, can you replace the guide? Guessing spirit guide might be hard to come by?

As for multiple drivers on each lane, I see the reason and the rules are vague on that. I think we should stick to one driver per lane, but next year the rules should be more specific to allow for multiple drivers, but each driver must race an equal time with each car and on one lane. It adds a little complexity but makes it easier to get marshals as they will get a turn too.

If every person who entered is able to agree on this modification (PM me, don't post here, secret vote please) I am happy to go ahead with it.

OK, 4 it is for the night. Considering we are down to 18 cars now (BRK's is a scratching. There is no point trying to repair it as it will just break again), it should be a fairly quick night.

Stay tuned for official practice tonight.

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

BRK, can you replace the guide? Guessing spirit guide might be hard to come by?

As for multiple drivers on each lane, I see the reason and the rules are vague on that. I think we should stick to one driver per lane, but next year the rules should be more specific to allow for multiple drivers, but each driver must race an equal time with each car and on one lane. It adds a little complexity but makes it easier to get marshals as they will get a turn too.

If every person who entered is able to agree on this modification (PM me, don't post here, secret vote please) I am happy to go ahead with it.

Gzminiz, its a bit more than replacing the guide, the front of the chassis is broken off including the guide mount so i would have to replace the chassis, which are not avaliable, even if that sort of repair was allowed. BRK

Hi David,

Ive seen Trevor (aka FCC) marshall, you better pray he drives on the night.

I resemble that remark! :lol: My marshalling is consistent though. I am equally poor for all participants.

Curly Joe from the 3 stooges right? I think I may have that episode :lol: Lucky for you brk's car has shat itself otherwise he would have blamed you for it or me regardless of whether I turned up on Friday night. :lol::lol:

cheers

rick1776

Evening all and welcome to official practice night.

OK, a quick bit of house keeping. A few of the cars had axles that appeared to have moved to one side. This included Obsidith, GZminiz, Dan, XR8 and PMC356. The wheels and/ or axles have been moved to centralise things a bit better and make them legal (and stop tyres rubbing on chassis).

Also, Obsidith, the boss on your gear has quite a bit of wear on it already. It is still going, but be aware.

All cars have had a drop of oil on the gear and a drop on the bearings and are ready to run.

So, with no further a due, we will get on with official practice.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

OK, official practice has been run. Below is in the order that they were run (reverse Championship order).

XR8 - Bouncy. Front comes out easily - 5.310

Taz Racer - Chatters, but pretty quick - 4.787

Ronan - Chatters a bit under full power - 4.823

Lenny Broke - Easy to drive. A little noisy - 4.661

Newso - Very taily - 4.834

Slittlehales - Quick. If a little quieter, it would nearly be the perfect car - 4.481

Sports Racer - Got quicker the more it ran - 4.880

PMC356 - Slides a bit under power - 4.807

Dan - Rear track is too narrow, causes bad chatter - 5.015

Anthony - Pretty fast. A little chatter - 4.692

Hoffy - disappointing - 4.871

GZminiz - Reasonably good - 4.734

MarkD - Pretty quick - 4.759

Obsidith - Deceptively quick - 4.627

Davenic74 - more then enough power.... - 4.549

Suttle - Another that is quicker then it looks - 4.566

Mannimal - just quick - 4.468

FCC - bloody unbelievably quick - 4.297

SO, the final positions of qualifying are:

FCC - 4.297

Mannimal - 4.468

Slittlehales - 4.481

Davenic74 - 4.549

Suttle - 4.566

Obsidith - 4.627

Lenny Broke - 4.661

Anthony - 4.692

GZminiz - 4.734

MarkD - 4.759

Tazracer - 4.787

PMC356 - 4.807

Ronan - 4.823

Newso - 4.834

Hoffy - 4.871

Sports Racer - 4.880

Dan - 5.017

XR8 - 5.310

So, we are now all set for Friday night.

Cheers

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Just to put the times in to perspective a very well sorted Scaly will cut 4.9-5.0s laps, a well sorted slotit/NincoNC5 will cut 4.7-4.8s, very quick is 4.4-4.5s and then there is FCC at 4.2. Thats insane Trev, well done mate.

cheers

rick1776

Just to put the times in to perspective a very well sorted Scaly will cut 4.9-5.0s laps, a well sorted slotit/NincoNC5 will cut 4.7-4.8s, very quick is 4.4-4.5s and then there is FCC at 4.2. Thats insane Trev, well done mate.

As a matter of fact, that is sponge tyre territory. A few guys have used international 1/32 chassis cars, with spongies and Plafit cheeta motors and they were not even that quick

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

And then there was Suttles car that didn't look quick but it had good grip around all corners and hardly had any tail and would be a pleasure to drive.

Normal people worry me