127 replies to this topic

#121 Roath

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hey Greg

As I explained on your build, I tend to forget about the track over summer months. So haven't been on the forums for a long time.

Thank you for the kind words.. Glad it has helped.. There are plenty more experienced guys on here as well who I know are helping you.

I'm actually from same area as SlotsNZ . I got my love of slots from the track at the YMCA in Hastings and at the great tracks that used to be in the arcades back then. So I'm afraid I can't help about the place in Auckland.

Enjoy your build .. Hopefully quicker then mine !

Edited by Roath, 11 April 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#122 Roath

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

So it's been a long time, but 2 of my boys are now old enough to race , so we cleaned up the track and spent the weekend racing.. lots of fun.. Started to fill in the last bit to go.. which was the only flat part of the whole scenery. The Notre Dame doesn't really fit, , but its a quick way to fill the gap. Will paint it this week so its all complete.

Posted Image

The sad thing is that now my sons are finally got old enough to really enjoy , we are looking at selling the house.

Oh well, the next track will be even better :D

Rob

#123 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hi Rob

long time no hear. That really has been a sweet project.
SELL THE HOUSE !!! What ARE you thinking, - - - - but if needs must; surely a condition of agreeing to move is that a team of burly blokes come in, carefully dismantle the "centre of it all"; move and re-install it in the next place, with all necessary repairs to cuts made.

The terms of engagement for the next place being a 3 bay man-cave, preferably with running water, fridge point and WC :)
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#124 Roath

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yeah I know.. but the track will be an optional extra with the house if someone wants it. Its a real family house, so I will have the track running for any viewers of the house to play with :D

Another track build would be good. , I think we need 4 lanes for the future when my 3rd boy gets older..lol. Only thing is , I don't get to race much anyway , cause they want dad to commentate all the time.. Here's my 4 year old ( with voltage right down) and his 7 year old racing. The red car had the wrong tires . good practice for the 7 year old and makes things a bit more even :) When he uses one of the fast cars, I struggle to keep up at times. ( mind you, I always get the hardest lane!) :rolleyes:

Any one wanna buy a 'house' ?

#125 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Love it - better commentating than some of the jokers doing the V8 Supercars . . .

The boys are driving pretty well, especially for a 4 year old

4 lanes . . now you're talking.

Ever thought of getting together with the Henderson club guys, or the Orakei guys - out the east there.
I'm up in Auckland tomorrow for a quick knife job, surgeon reckons I should be good to go in time for dinner, so racing with the Orakei lads tomorrow night.
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#126 Roath

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

LOL, thanks.. they love it which means I love it. My 4 year old walks out of his bedroom this morning rubbing his eyes and asking to go to the garage to carry on driving. That puts a big smile on my face!

I've popped into the Henderson Club before. It's only 5 minutes from my home, but it's kind of serious stuff compared to just family fun.

Good luck with the op tomorrow.. and BTW that new track of yours looks amazing! . Maybe 3 lane digital with lane changing will be the next one for us :)

#127 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

That's still such a great layout. Whoever buys the house is going to have a great toy room there.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#128 Roath

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostEmber, on 18 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

That's still such a great layout. Whoever buys the house is going to have a great toy room there.

Thanks Ember

Your approval of the drawing of this layout was one of the reasons I went ahead with the layout.. so thank you! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users