smallnails

Ozrally Proxy Series - The Future

As Craig said good timing is important. Voltage does not really matter as long as you decide BEFORE the event so all entrants know what to expect and can build for that. It certainly is not as important as on a road circuit.

We ran our event over 3 days and 3 stages. Stig drove day one and I marshalled and drove the computer,day 2 we changed rolls and day 3 haystack drove the cars and marshalled. By having a reversing switch it is like having two tracks. If we get a round this year we intend to add either a switch or bridge to add into the circuit so we will in fact have 3 circuits.

If you fit track call buttons you could do it all your self,but takes longer.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

If you fit track call buttons you could do it all your self,but takes longer.

Why fit track call buttons. If the car falls off, the car falls off, as long as you are consistent in getting the car back on. Could of sworn I didn't see any "Track Call" buttons used at the last real rally I watched.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

gday proxy ralliers :)

I was wondering what limitations are placed on potential tracks used for rounds?

I assume there would be a preferred voltage? and a computer aided trimming system would be mandatory?safety barrier to protect cars?

are there any other track requirements for consideration?

Hi Dale

here's a link to Track requierements for the 09/10 series

ozrally 09/10

As to the 2010/11 series if I'm still allowed to run things I will start work on rules and regs in the next few weeks after I've got back from Darwin this weekend.

Cheers Alan

Sounds good Alan. It only ended a few weeks ago and yet we are considering the next one. Love the Rally's!!!!!!!!!

Yes Yngwie, I have just read this all of the stuff and I totally agree with you that it looks good. The other thing that I came to know more about that. I came to know that it enable you to surf the web as if you were in the country where they are.

Personally I think we should go for the later models again, Subies, lancers, Peugeots, citroens and the like!

I am so with you on this one,

if it becomes these cars count me in 100% for sure.

Never got to Finish my Fly Racing 911 for the other proxy,

Still standing here with no rubber to fit the Sloting plus wheels.. :unsure:

I would send a Blue Subbie some of you might have seen before if it does get so far :)

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

I'd like to see cars from the era of the REALLY dangerous cars they banned.. like the supercharged turbocharged Lancia Delta, the Mini Metro, etc etc etc.. you remember when they were basically putting F1 engines in rally cars?? :)

Oh and remind me to read the bloody rules next year!!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

gday proxy ralliers :)

I was wondering what limitations are placed on potential tracks used for rounds?

I assume there would be a preferred voltage? and a computer aided trimming system would be mandatory?safety barrier to protect cars?

are there any other track requirements for consideration?

this is not a track requirement, more a host requirement

to run a proxy rally you have to remember that you are running 30 odd cars 1 at a time. THIS IS TIME CONSUMING!!!!!!!!

If you cant set aside a full weekend, dont bother putting your hand up to run the event.

Not only do you need to run the cars, you need to fill out spread sheets and report back to us on the forum.

Kai

Edited by Mohawkk

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg