Ozrally Proxy Series 2009/10. The End

lenny broke

Hi All

First off I'd like to thank this years advisory group, Phil K , Gazza, Flipper and especially my two local partners in crime Hoffy and Triggy for their assistance with various tasks, photography and keeping the pointscores and also for hosting rounds, also BMR for the use of his track in Rnd. 2. I would also like to thank all the others Host's who held a round too . All were held in good time and the round report posts were excellent. I think I should also make a special mention of Yngwie and Obsidth for taking on their rounds at such notice. good work guys.

Thanks go also to the Auslot Forum guys and their team of moderators for allowing us to rant and rave here about our silly little series....... thanks Vinno, Bo & Co.

Finally I'd like to thank you, the entrants. I think it was conducted in the spirit that these things are mean't to be, a bit of good natured banter with out any of the bickering and petty sniping that has blighted other recent proxy series. Good on you all :)

This week I'll start preparing to send the cars back to you all, hopefully I will have your cars in the post and have them on the way back home by Friday. I want to take some more pics of the cars and make up a little momento for each entrant. I'm still waiting for one host to send me their postage bill but it looks like we have quite a surplus left over from the entry fee. If I have enough I'll get some trophies made up for the first 3 place getters and I reckon we could stretch to return postage for the OS entries and a postage refund for the remaining non SA entries. Whatever is left I would like to donate to a charity.

If any of you wish to combine cars into packages please let me know and I will sort that out.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke
additional thoughts

It was a pleasure to help out and run a round.

Thanks for a well run series, hope you put your hand up again later this year to run the next one.

I have already congratulated the winners but to those not at the pointy end a big thanks for entering to make it the series it was. Some great looking cars and for those who run rounds a lot of learning from the faster to the slowest cars of what to and not to do.

Up until this year it was Ninco's with an NC-1 but now I need to be creative and do some good testing for the next series.

Whilst well prepared cars seems to always be at the pointy end there are a lot of winning cars with only basic tuning. Think Hoffy admitted that last year. You can also be just plain lucky or unlucky on the cars performance.

I was disappointed with the performance of my NC-1 - will have to test it's speed when I get it home??

That said to be in the top half (just) of the excellent field - I'm happy.

Championship table after Round 10 - Final Standings

ORPSfinalpointsa.jpg

ORPSfinalpointsb.jpg

updated 11/04/2010

Alan - unless you hear otherwise by the time you post, you can send:

The very Devious, Gazza, Craig (TeamRed) and my cars to me

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I thought most of the NC1 cars were just a bit slow once they had any sort of weight added. IMO the NC2 was the way to go,at least on May Park.

May be a long can a little slower than the NC2 might be better for an "old Bloke like Alan" :)

That is the thing about this event,so many different tracks that building a car is so interesting. Even different drivers on the same track get different results.

Just look at the results down here. For once I do agree with Stig about the Fly porsche's they are a great car. I now have one! The only reason they did not win down here is because they were a little too wide for the narrow track and would bounce off the scenery.

Thank you gentlemen for the work,effort and time you have put into this.

It was my second proxy(first overseas) and I have learnt a few things.

I made a faltering start and enjoyed a little success at one round and then battled for the last places with others.

This, I think, was down to my car choice.

My car seemed to meet spec and is still running at the end however it sounds like the motor might need attention.

Once again appreciative thoughts to all involved....guess I better look for a suitable car for next years entry.

regards

John

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Thanks for your efforts this year Alan, it was a very well run event.

Congrats to the stig for your win and smalls for your your 3rd.. :lol:...im just glad my FLY crown didnt let go aswell.

Alan can you forward my car to Mel (OTFS) as we have a standing arrangement :) congrats Mel enjoy.

Also thank you to all that entered this year, well done.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Would like to thanks everyone involved in the event, especially Lenny for putting on a fantastic show. All rounds were well reported with some good feedback on the cars.

Given this was the first time I've ever set up a car I was not expecting much and was ready to learn, and learn I did. Have now got a bit of time to try some things out before the next one (if my 2 month old lets me :) ) and see if I can get the Celica a bit quicker.

Congrats to all of the place getters on a job well done. Was great to see a range of manufactures up there, although the Porches were a common sight at the pointy end.

Thanks again and look forward to the next one.

Ben

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

I obviously jumped the gun because I posted this yesterday in the rnd 10 thread but it is more appropriate here.

"...... I would like to praise Lenny for his proffessional approach as an organiser, all the track hosts for their prompt and proffessional way they hosted and reported their rounds, and all 30 participants, obviously including the overseas entrants, for their involvement and positive approach and feedback through this forum, to this event regardless of the placing of their car throughout the series. If this same attitude is taken forward, then the Ozrally Proxy Series should continue with great success.

Thanks to all for a great event,"

Normal people worry me

Thanks everybody for the kind comments, cheers

I'll be bringing the SA contingent along with me tonight to Marks for collection by their owners. I wonder if time and

Mark permits whether we could have short race with them on Raceline for a bit of fun??

I'm organising a few bits and pieces to go back with the cars so return of cars may be delayed til early next week.

Alan

Thanks to everyone involved for a fantastic event and a special thank you to Alan for taking it on. Well run, well reported, great feedback and totally in the spirit of how these things should be. A credit to all who participated.

Roll on next year where my car will certainly be wider and lower but probably nowhere near as good looking as the old Healey.

Thanks.

Congrats Alan on the running of this proxy. Also to the podium winners ,Stig, Dav and Smallnails ,well done and to those who donated their time and tracks for the proxy. To say I was disappointed with my car would be an understatement but you live and learn (still). Will now have to hope with the SCX proxy and see how I go there. Again thanks Alan,job well done.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi All

Well the last job on this years series has just been done. All the interstate and overseas cars are in the post and on the way back to you. All the Tassis cars are going to Phil and all the Sydney cars are going to Mel as requested espsix and mannimal are to Melbourne, everyone else can expect individual packages.

I still have Suttle and FFC's cars. I'll keep them with my race box and you guys can collect them from me when you see me next.

Once again Thanks to everyone involved this year. I'd like to think things went well with only a few hiccups along the way.

See you all next series

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Thanks Alan :D

See you all next series

Is that an offer to run it again next year? :huh2:

Uhm Maybe. September and October could be very busy for me with some 1:1 scale racing commitments and Mad March next year as well. one solution could be to start a month earlier and finish in February perhaps. . Hoffy and I have thrown a few other ideas around for next year also. I'll have to have a look at the best way to manage things first.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

A big thanks to Lenny for all the effort with this years event.

Special thanks for the trophy, it is much appreciated.

I just hope all goes as well next year for all involved. I might have to even build a car! :P Instead of scrounging one of Phils :D and tuning it!

The Stig

• 1 month later...