Basic Car Lights - Is It This Simple

Yngwie

someone may have posted this on this forum previously (I did do a quick search first) and other may have seen it on other forums

but as we are talking lights - Carl from SF sent me this link of his modified Ford GT - with some very cool lights

longe version you can see the dashboard lights a bit better - I think he should have chosen Meatloaf rather than the Beatles though.... :)

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

This includes front & rear lights with a cap for constant lights on corners - stays on about 3-5secs after car loses power. I use 3mm LEDs. made this a few times, a bit of a squeeze with the cap in some cars , but i`m sure you could modify it a bit . Seems fairly robust too, haven`t had any die on me yet. Did this a couple of years ago,. This is very basic and i ended up putting all the stuff on a small piece of circuit board to make it easier to place the front and rear lights in the car.

easycircuit.jpg

Edited by mondeoman

If it doesn`t have wheels and an engine it`s not sport!

• 11 months later...

i rescued a ferrari f40 model with a motor and light from a charity shop a few months ago, not sure what scale it is (maybe 1/12?). anyway i pulled it apart and (sorry its complicated to explain) the LED is wired to the terminals on the motor with the power wires also attached to the same terminals, therefor the power runs both motor and light.

so using a 9v battery it seems to work, the light and motor both work perfectly, however i would like to know would this setup work in a slot car or would the v be too much for lights to be powered directly from the motor without any diodes or resistors?

i will get a life when i find one i like