Ozrally Proxy Rally Series 09/10 Round 10

lenny broke

They have been there for weeks. Windows down, unlocked and the keys left in them :P

next thing you'll have an old lounge suite on the front porch! :lol:

Stage one is completed and I'm just putting the numbers into the score sheet and will post when done.

Cheers Alan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All

here's the results for stage 1

round10afterstage1.jpg

First up I have to say though somewhat pleased at the result so far I am also somewhat embarrassed about it as well especially the time gap back to Hoffy.

When Triggy and I saw the time we were very surprised by it and had some doubts about the time all through the remainder of the afternoon. We did another unofficial run with my car at the end of the day and turned up another time that was bit faster than the one posted. For some reason my car was hooked up on the Hill today.

This weekend was the first time that my car has run on this track as it was still under construction when I sent cars off to Sydney for round 3.

Having said all this I assure you that all the cars today were driven to the best of my own ability and no cars were favoured or discriminated against.

I'd like to thank Kane for coming down today and running the computer today and My Wife Heather for bunging on a nice afternoon tea for us at the halfway mark.

I'll add some additional thought after I've had a bit of dinner anda drink.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

I want to assure all racers that the results are true and correct and that no bias or scull duggery took place, as you all would expect. We even ran the stage 1 winners car again at the end to confirm that the original time was correct. All is good and above board for those that may have any reservations.

Very nice looking driveway there Mel. I got out of Lenny's place pretty quickly this arvo, only because I had to run past 2 H&^%@ns ....... hang on one of them was made in Asia so that one doesn't really count does it?

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

Looks like we posted at the same time Kane.

Made in Asia!!!!!!!!!!! , Bloddy Ford Fans :P , don't recognise a Euro when you see one, then again Focus' are made in Sud Efrika so they're easily confused. :lol:

Europe ...Asia doesn't matter it certainly wasn't from Elizabeth!

Well done mate on the stage win and a long afternoon of driving. You have a good little track there. Hopefully it will see a few more proxy series rounds????

Normal people worry me

Lenny are you seriously saying that timing system I helped install actually works?? I smell a rat :P:lol:

Only joking ya Lenny. With Triggy and Hoffy there I know everything would have been above board. Ive often tried to bride Triggy on race nights but no go. B)

cheers

rick1776

Well, how do you like them apples, aye, aye, aye.....

What do I take from this? If the car can stay on the Island, its gonna do well. Once you take the amount of offs into account, the results could read a very very different story.

Looking forward to round two.

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

What do I take from this? .......... Once you take the amount of offs into account, the results could read a very very different story.

Yeah your right Hoffy, it will depend if the marshall has to retrieve your car from the floor or the track this time :huh: :huh: :P

Normal people worry me

What do I take from this? .......... Once you take the amount of offs into account, the results could read a very very different story.

Yeah your right Hoffy, it will depend if the marshall has to retrieve your car from the floor or the track this time :huh: :huh: :P

Hows yours going again triggy?

Anyhow, its photo time. Some of the action from the Prologue

RallyDSC08459.jpg

RallyDSC08458.jpg

RallyDSC08457.jpg

RallyDSC08460.jpg

RallyDSC08461.jpg

RallyDSC08463.jpg

RallyDSC08464.jpg

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

I'll add some additional thought after I've had a bit of dinner and drink.

Your night must have been longer than mine :huh:

I'm in the top 10 can't complain. Might be a lot more rubber down now so hopefully we all will have a less off the next stage :huh:

Very nice looking driveway there Mel. I got out of Lenny's place pretty quickly this arvo, only because I had to run past 2 H&^%@ns ....... hang on one of them was made in Asia so that one doesn't really count does it?

The other cars of the guys who owned those things have Holdens at home - one an SV8. Tipping fees are expensive over here!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'll add some additional thought after I've had a bit of dinner and drink.

Your night must have been longer than mine :huh:

Hi Mel

sorry about that I had every intention but I thought a bit of a sit in front of the telly would be good before coming into here . When I woke up again it was a bit late. :huh:

Edited by lenny broke

Final results for round 10

finalresultround10.jpg

* note prologue times did not count toward overall result.

Congratulations to Hoffy on his Stage 2 win and 2nd. overall today , Appyburdzdai yoo yoo too

Well done to Davenic on his podium position too

As for me I'm still feeling a bit embarrassed at the result :huh: , I just hope nobody thinks anything suspect has happened today.

Once again Thanks to Hoffy and Triggy for their assistance this round also thanks to Rick for sorting the timing gear.

And a big thanks to My Wife, Heather for allowing me to indulge in this quite ridicules past time of ours as much as she does. And another big thanks to her for stepping in today and running the computer today when I was starting to flounder a bit. Thanks H.

If everyone had a missus like mine there would be a lot of happy chappies among us I reckon.

Here's the final points standings after round 10, click on the linky below

Final Points Standings

Congratulation to the Stig for his win in this years series and to Davenic and Smallnails for their fine 2nd and 3rd places. well done lads.

Alan

ps has anybody ever seen PhilK and the Stig in the same room together :huh::P

Edited by lenny broke

Well done Al , a well deserved round win.

While I have this chance, I would like to praise Lenny for his proffessional approach as an organiser, all the track hosts for their prompt and proffessional way they hosted and reported their rounds, and all 30 participants, obviously including the overseas entrants, for their involvement and positive approach and feedback through this forum, to this event regardless of the placing of their car throughout the series. If this same attitude is taken forward, then the Ozrally Proxy Series should continue with great success.

Thanks to all for a great event,

Triggy

Normal people worry me

Well done Al , a well deserved round win.

While I have this chance, I would like to praise Lenny for his proffessional approach as an organiser, all the track hosts for their prompt and proffessional way they hosted and reported their rounds, and all 30 participants, obviously including the overseas entrants, for their involvement and positive approach and feedback through this forum, to this event regardless of the placing of their car throughout the series. If this same attitude is taken forward, then the Ozrally Proxy Series should continue with great success.

Thanks to all for a great event,

Triggy

Well said Triggy - thanks.

To the podium winners. LB, Hoffy & Davnic - Congratulations

Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Congratulations to the overall Ozrally Proxy winners, The Stig, ( 4 first places ), Davnic and Smallnails, all great cars to drive when I had my rounds.

It needs to be noted that Smallnails had 7 podiums from 10 rounds and 1 DNF with a stripped gear in round 2 which inevitably cost him the series, so well done 'nails on a well balanced car, just a bit of bad luck early.

BRK, it was worthwhile hanging in there, your bus got better as the series went on.

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

HI All

Here's some thoughts about this weekend round

The first four cars all were powered by S can motors, 1st and 2nd with the BWA NC-1 equivalants and 3rd and 4th with the trusty old Ninco NC-1. I found these easier to drive on my track than the NC2 powered cars. The NC2 cars had plenty of go on the straight but I found them a bit of a handful on the wiggly bits especially in stage one which predominantly has right hand turns. When we reversed the direction for stage 2 this was less of a problem for the bigger motored cars. I also noticed especially in stage 1, that the narrower cars with the NC-2 motors were prone to wanting to tip over in corners easily. The NC-1 types had a smoother take up under power and were easier to pull up for corners on the faster bits..

Another factor was tyre grip . A number of cars were struggling for grip on the black board paint surface, John's Renault Alpine a notable example of this. You could feel the car loosing time in the corners as it slid around, even when I had adjusted my driving style to compensate for this it still wanted to slide. A lot of cars had the hops either in the corners or under acceleration to varying degrees and this meant that they lost time compared to the cars that were smooth through out any given lap of the stage.

As in another round the change in direction had an effect on cars performance. Two that come to mind are the Meganes of The Stig and Mannimal in Stage 1 they were quite hard to drive and very slidy but in Stage 2 both cars were completely different animals indeed becoming very controllable and giving more confidence to driver. Its interesting that one is an SCX and the other a Ninco.

There were a number of cars that liked to roll over sideways anytime they got near deviation from the straight line, in either direction. maybe its a french thing but the main culprits were the renault R5 turbos and the Pug 203's. All these cars had very high Cof G's and felt top heavy. the Peugeots also had the added problem of the drop arm falling down and hindering reslots thus loosing more time. I would suggeat that anyone using one in futre should consider limiting the drop arm fall to just a few mm.

A couple of cars still had the 4wd system working. On my track I reckon this was a disadvantage due to power loss to the motor trying to drive the additional axle. I had to really mash the throttle to get these cars moving and hold it on a bit longer to keep the momentum up in corners. This increased the chances of overshooting the braking areas for these cars and resulted in a number of deslots for these cars. BeN M's Celica being a notable example.

In general most of the cars were a pleasure to drive but some were a chore to drive to be honest and had me wishing for them to breakdown ASAP. I don't need to say who was who but I'm sure you could work it out. I would encourage anyone entering future rally proxies to think about the drivability and dynamics of whatever car they choose as a high priority. Nice to drive cars make for a more pleasurable experience I can assure you.

Finally I'd like to thank you all for allowing me to drive your cars this weekend ( even the "dungers" :) ) and I hope to get another opportunity to "have a skid" with your cars next year.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Congratulations to the overall Ozrally Proxy winners, The Stig, ( 4 first places ), Davnic and Smallnails, all great cars to drive when I had my rounds.

It needs to be noted that Smallnails had 7 podiums from 10 rounds and 1 DNF with a stripped gear in round 2 which inevitably cost him the series, so well done 'nails on a well balanced car, just a bit of bad luck early.

BRK, it was worthwhile hanging in there, your bus got better as the series went on.

Yeah thanks for the props!

Think i dropped back to 4th overall after this round!

Just shows that the off's do cost time!

Thanks go to LB for running this years series. Cant wait for the next one to start!

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Whooo hooo, its my Birthday....

Good stuff Alan. Good to see the series finally get over the line. Well done on keeping it moving!

Cheers

Hi Ashley

I know it's your Birthday mate but I can't resist this.........

IN YA FACE :):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woohoo............scrub that..........looks like i got a bronze!

Thanks again!

Hi Brad

Yep, you got second runner up. Its a shame you got that DNF in round 2, other wise the result may have been different

That's not to take anything away from Stig and Davnic, As they say to finish first, first you have to Finish.

Congratulations to you all just the same

Alan

Edited by lenny broke
dodgey typing

Whooo hooo, its my Birthday....

Good stuff Alan. Good to see the series finally get over the line. Well done on keeping it moving!

Cheers

Hi Ashley

I know it's your Birthday mate but I can't resist this.........

IN YA FACE :):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, if you're going to be like that.....

IN YA FACE TRIGGY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by hoffy

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg