Canberra Newbies

timtulip

Hi all,

just got back in to the slots (scalextric) after about 18 years away from them hahaha Didn't take it too seriously as a 10 year old, but looking back i had a pretty sweet setup!

Slowly getting back in to it now. Just saying hi at the moment and trolling your posts and seeing how crazy this stuff is these days.

Will be picking your brains for silly ideas that i'm no doubt going to get as i move further into it all!!

Any Canberra folk, give me a yell! When i get some new cars together and more track etc, i'd love to see what the local club scene is like.

Welcome Tim

The local Canberra scene is pretty healthy, with at least two strong clubs on the North and South side, a heap of private tracks and Steve Winchester's shop and track out at Fyshwick (might see you out there).

Cheers

Charles

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

Hi Tim. (I'll resist the urge to call you Tiny.... Something about the combination of Tim and Tulips that makes me feel old)

I second Chilla's welcome. And I can also vouch for Steve's track in Fyshwick. Having just returned from a quick (and somewhat exhausting) visit to the capital I can honestly say both of the aforementioned gents are really nice fellows.

As are most of the folks around here. A good, knowledgable and extremely friendly bunch.

So... Pull up a controller and enjoy yourself.

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Tim

I'm also a Canberra member, so welcome from me. Like you, I'm just back into the slots after a long time away and have been awestruck at the progress in the hobby in recent years. I'm not in the club racing scene at the moment but I do make my regular trips out to Steve's place to give my cars a run. I'm planning on a permanent track at home shortly too.

Jon

Nice to see there is a healthy scene!! Loving it :)

I'll be heading out to Steves shop this w/e i think. Need to check out those tracks and also get some advice.

Hahaha Ember, my name timtulip kind of comes from the old Tiny Tim song 'tiptoe through the tulips'... long story! But i now use timtulip as my DJ name :)

Hahaha Ember, my name timtulip kind of comes from the old Tiny Tim song 'tiptoe through the tulips'... long story! But i now use timtulip as my DJ name :)

Signs of a very strange childhood that I've known the lyrics to the song since I was about 4. So... I should keep watch for a Canberra DJ called TimTulip? I guess it's no worse than a Canadian going by Kid Koala.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction