Round 1 Details

gzminiz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably should have seen this post before,but can anyone tell me when the 1st round is to be run?

The silence is deafening!

Terry

Davnic says first round his place 13th March. There is a link to his track through the dupr website. He is also hosting the race live on the net just go through the posts in this thread for the link. Prepping cars for a proxy is always a hard task in getting the balance right. We ran three SA entrants at Hoffys just before sending them off on a monday night.The three cars were all well built but extremely different in chartacter. Mine was very light and quickest at that track but the power was brutal and the tyres ( ortmanns) were perfect for the track. Nothing better than old ortmanns on grey ferradore. Hoffy's was mid range power and grip (mjk) i think. Easy to drive and my guess is it's probably the best overall car. Alans was consevatively powered and Hoffy drove it and said it was really easy to circulate so it may be a car that does well on tracks that are not such hosepower tracks like six pines. Here lies the eternal question of building a proxy car how much power should i give it how much weight should it carry?? Mine pulled 4.5 at Hoffy's so no doubt its very fast but it may spend more time in the wall or sideways on tracks where the grip level is not the same.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

After sorting out some 7 cars with minor issue's the Qualifying is scheduled for 8 pm Thursday evening providing the delivery of some parts for 1 car.

At the latest the Qual will be late Friday evening after a club meeting here.

Im off to buy a webcam and do a trial broadcast today ( hope i can figure it out... :) ).

I will add a link once its set up.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Well that was great fun, here's a run down of the times and some comments on the car's.

5.000, FCC....no comment i tried so hard to get it into the 4's

5.098, Mannimal, great car to drive.

5.160, Slittlehales, another nice car to drive.

5.291, Tazracer, holds the track well, but when pushed can be unpredictable.

5.328, Obsidith, smooth and easy to drive to its limit, good time even though it hasnt got the speed like others.

5.328, BRK, This is a nice car to drive too, shame the guide mount keeps braking. Will be fixed before racing.

5.383, Lenny, Your car was struggling for grip but still managed a good time, could be my driving style.??

5.387, Suttle, smooth car, seemed to be in slow motion but a good time.

5.391, Davnic....dont want to talk about it.. :rolleyes:

5.430, Gzminiz, very smooth and easy to drive consistent.

5.441, Mark D , drives ok but when pushed through corners it shudders .

5.488, PMC356, had trouble getting grip out of corners, even with some hand control adjustments.

5.488, Antony, Your car drives fine, but the noise from the rears is off putting, they sound very hard on track.

5.488, Hoffy, Tended to break free half way through corners when pusshe, same charactaristics as my Audi.

5.492, Ronan, drives ok but rattles and squeaks alot, will add some oil to axles.

5.602, Newso, had trouble with grip, very smooth car.

5.602, Dan S, a little un predictable hard to push through corners.

5.977, Sportsracer, Your car had hardly any grip, i was trying to push but it just wanted to drift.

6.199, XR8, basically stock car and has a buckled rear rim..

All in all the cars are close, the lower order is mostly due to lack of grip or speed, not a handling issue in most case's.

Thanks to all that logged on.. :D

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

where did taz's go?

Anyone got log of the chat? I think taz was around 5.291 or 5.328

thought the TazStealth unit was third, but it didn't do 5.16, I think 5.291 - need to clarify

great to watch - well done guys

Taz i put you down for 5.291 but will check tonight.

Davnic, any idea what happened to the guide on my car? thanks BRK

BRK, the guide mount was broken before i got it, not sure what happened.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

The racing will be live tomorrow starting between 1.30 and 2.00 , sorry i cant be more precise as some of the drives may be arriving after 1 pm.

davnic74 channel

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Guest jazzbell

Good luck with the racing boys.The telecast was good to watch last night Dave.

Well done to FCC car with pole position. :D

regards shane a

team thunderbird

woo hoo. Hope my pattern of qualifying better than i race isn't followed on from last year but it certainly seems the car is suited to this track. I seriously think there will be some tracks and some drivers this year where it will be a bit over done but pole in the first round is a good start. Looking forward to sportsracers logging in so i can wind him up some. :P . I have a mixed result in proxies my Race across America car won the overall and last years DUPR car won the podded section by default. Yet my rally car was possibly the worst rally car ever built. Perhaps I should stick to circuit racing.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.