Space For The Routed Track

3 replies to this topic

#1 neophytte

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

So finally we have moved the rabbits out of their pen, and I have the thumbs up to build a track down the side of the garage; the space is 5.1m x 1.2m at one end, and 1.6m at the other - the latter end also has a 600mm gate there (on the side closest to the garage). I'd be keen to see anyones ideas for a design to fit in that space.

Cheers

Richard

#2 dangermouse

Triple Crown Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hi Richard, you making a track for 1/32 scale cars :lol:

Suzuka and Paramount Raceway could be made to fit in that space. That is about the shape of my space (my track is in the Qld section) - there have been some threads on the forum about the suzuka track I can send you some plans I have collected if you want.

If I was starting again I would make something more like this track - that is on a 1.2m x 4.8m table. The reason I would make this is my current track is essentially a look with a cross-over my fastest cars are runnng 4.5 sec laps - I would prefer a longer lap time (maybe double that) and the visual appeal of the cars travelling up and back twice. Does that make sense.
Posted Image

track build here
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...c=24649&hl=

cheers
David

#3 FLY in the wall

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

I am not sure where I saw it but one idea I liked is a raised back straight with pit garages underneath. Not as easy to build as a flat track but good for use of space.
Outside the box looking in.
------------------------------------
You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!
------------------------------------
Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

#4 neophytte

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

Sorry, should have clarified - that space is the available space for track, standing room, workbench, etc ...

@DM: at first glance I wasn't so impressed with that track, but when I read the other forum, wow!!

@FLY: that sounds like a good idea!

So looking for something that will fit in that space still - I have an idea based on another track on this forum, but I can't find it now .... :(

Cheers

Richard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users