hoffy

Bathurst 12 Hour Practice - Close Call

Was going up there for just today but Gazza want's me to whip his ass tonight. :)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Was going up there for just today but Gazza want's me to whip his ass tonight. :P

Not again, you two are incorrigible. :) :whip2: :whip2: Don't you know there is a time and a place.

The guy on the racing line should have had his racing license taken off him.

I would have liked to see a heart monitor on that guy, like you sometimes see in the V8's. Probably would have been off the charts.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

On again this weekend.

Live on the web at:

Qualifying 2 - Saturday 1.30pm (AEDT)

12 Hour - Sunday 6.15am (AEDT)

Bathurst 2011 12 Hour

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

One HD will show highlights of this year's Bathurst 12 hr at 7.30pm on Sat 19 February.

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by M3Fanatic

I haven't been a follower of motor sport for a long time. We have no TV here, & I've been here for over 20 years.

Having had a quick look at a link provided above, I see that Audi, Porsche & the like are involved in the 12 hour. Which is fantastic. Having the GT cars racing will provide far more interest for the viewers, & a good deal more competition than the V8 super heroes are used to in this country.

It's great to see cars racing that don't all look the same, like unfortunately the Commodores & Falcons do these days. I mean no offence to those who avidly follow the Oz V8 when I say that, it is just my personal opinion. ;)

All in all, great stuff.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

It's great to see cars racing that don't all look the same, like unfortunately the Commodores & Falcons do these days. I mean no offence to those who avidly follow the Oz V8 when I say that, it is just my personal opinion. ;)

I have to agree with that, also with no offence intended. But it was satisfying to see local V8 hero Craig Lowndes setting the fastest race lap in the Team Aussie Audi R8 though (yes, I know; 'home' advantage and all that).

Here's a few pics boys...

Re: coverage ... lets just say the Mosler didn't complete the race <_< (Bathurst 12hr is infamous for weird happenings > tree last year )

Lowndes in Audi R8

lowndes_audi1a.jpg

2 Fezzas (damn heat haze)

ferrari2a.jpg

Another R8

audi1a.jpg

Porker

porsche2a.jpg

Another Porker

porsche1a.jpg

It's the Pits

aaaab.jpg

Suby

subaru1a.jpg

Tyred

tyres1a.jpg

I threw in a pic of my garage

mygarage1a.jpg

Then unfortunately i had to come home after nearly twisting my ankle - damn it's sore

Cheers

Brendan

Nice shots Brendan, but then we'd expect that from you.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction