Guest jazzbell

Best Tracks We've Raced Or Driven On

Guest jazzbell

Guy's

Lets get some imput on the best tracks we've all driven on.Would be good to see the difference on people's

choice of tracks.

My choice of tracks, is our track at thunderbird,followed by extreme trax in NSW,then the tracks at mobile raceways VIC.

I like em big and fast :lol:

Have'nt driven on home tracks,so let me hear about them.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

I haven't driven on too many home tracks and really liked them all for something different. I enjoy the squeeze on shane lott's track, love coming off the over pass on Davnic74's, the turns between the middle straight heading onto the back on Rob's is fun and I like the speed from the back straight to through the sweeper and onto the front (or in reverse) on mine.

Maybe i just need to race more to find the ones i prefer.

Only have a pic of mine 4036646929_319f380677_b.jpg

Edited by gzminiz

Guy's

Lets get some imput on the best tracks we've all driven on.Would be good to see the difference on people's

choice of tracks.

My choice of tracks, is our track at thunderbird,followed by extreme trax in NSW,then the tracks at mobile raceways VIC.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

We've got a few good ones over here , home tracks built like shop ones

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

You seem to have everyones attention....you have got to post pictures though

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Guest jazzbell
Guy's

choice of tracks.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

We've got a few good ones over here , home tracks built like shop ones

lets see some Perth photo's

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Got to say I like Plucka's at WSMCR. It is my weekly hang out but I have also raced at Xtreme and Hornsby so I'm not a total bias.

I like Xtreme's variety in tracks and Hornsby's speed but WSMCR track is perfect for my racing (Generally SCX Nascar & 1/24th scale JK GT1's). The 2 slow corners on the track are great for people like me who are last of the late brakers and usually run full brake on our controllers lol.

Btw.... If you have ever watched the slower race of SCX nascars on the track, mostly known as the Carnage Cup you can easily see the amount of action this tracks puts on! :lol:

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Don't have to, they are all ready on the forum under the WA track location. SYDS track JIMS track Banksia Grove Raceway+ a couple of other private tracks.

Cheers Bill

Guest jazzbell
Don't have to, they are all ready on the forum under the WA track location. SYDS track JIMS track Banksia Grove Raceway+ a couple of other private tracks.

Cheers Bill

Thanks,i'm new to forum,still learning my way.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hi Shane

Here's is a drawing of a favourite track I raced on back in the late 70's. I don't think there are any actual pictures of this track in existence.

It was 8 lane 234 feet per lap with steeply banked corner up the left end of the circuit

The fastest group 12 powered womps would lap in the high 7's - low 8 seconds and from a vague memory group 7 open cars were in the mid 3's to low 4 second mark. It was made from particle board with gloss finish in purple with orange fencing very 70's in style. It was designed and built by Kym Axton in 1977 for then AMR owner Len DeBrenni. Unfortunately it was dismantled using a chainsaw when the last owner had to vacate the building it was in.

I think its now under Mt Wingfield :lol:

AMRlayoutdrwng.jpg

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Only non-placcy track I've ever driven is the small one at MR in Dandenong... For all of 5 mins with a hire car. Can I be honest and say it was a yawn?

I could name 2 under construction home tracks off the top of my head that I'd love some time on... But that's not the question.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Got to say I like Plucka's at WSMCR. It is my weekly hang out but I have also raced at Xtreme and Hornsby so I'm not a total bias.

I like Xtreme's variety in tracks and Hornsby's speed but WSMCR track is perfect for my racing (Generally SCX Nascar & 1/24th scale JK GT1's). The 2 slow corners on the track are great for people like me who are last of the late brakers and usually run full brake on our controllers lol.

Btw.... If you have ever watched the slower race of SCX nascars on the track, mostly known as the Carnage Cup you can easily see the amount of action this tracks puts on! :bday:

Again a biased opinion. The track at Ingleburn is great, suits my cars and driving. Still remember the track at Yagoona, we certainly had some good times there didn't we Wayne!!! :lol: I must admit that I like driving the big high speed banked tracks at Hornsby and Mobile with my GT1. Going to Buena Park in California and Slot Car City in Las Vegas in April/May could have some new favourites. :(

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Area 51.

Sure - I didn't actually drive there, but my two entries won both their classes in the RAA this year....

Otherwise - in a different life time, a toss up between Chester Hill, Yagoona, G & D (Parramatta), the king @ Thomastown & Caringbah.....

Might be a trend, there.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Guest jazzbell

Some great looking tracks everybody,the tracks i'd love to cut some laps on are the 2 munter gets to drive on.

That blue track munter,awsome :bday: They look how i like them,big and fast.

Plucka's track sound's like a good one :lol:

The BMR'S beachside track in Adelaide looks as good as my home track at thunderbird.

This track looks like it has a bit of everything about it.Nice :(

regards shane a

team thunderbird

The Counts Pretzel Logic is one of the most enjoyable. Crashes hurt though and you usually go home with body damage.

I also liked Boslot's original Colyton Raceway which was a great racing circuit.

This is one of the nicest flows, combined with sense of reality I've driven

P1060675.jpg

Video completely infested with scrivens and some sax0607 :bday:

If the old . . sorry, YOUNG coot would put up some current full track shots, I'd have used those :lol:

And a simple track at one of the SlotShops is surprisingly enjoyable. I may be biased because it was the first "away" place I raced with a group of really friendly strangers, [loaned me car for one class I didn't have, loaned controller, welcoming for a newbie],

but even last year, going back, the simple design, and regular interaction that creates with other cars because of the two close parallel straights, meant you always had a sense of close racing, relative position, and gains/losses versus other cars which might have been nearly half a lap apart.

The pic actually shows some kiwi racers from another time, as I didn't have any decent pics from there myself, only a few laps of video I'll toss up later if I get a chance.

slotshop.jpg

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

If the old . . sorry, YOUNG coot would put up some current full track shots, I'd have used those

I'll get some soon Mark.

Thanks for the vote!

Ged's track isn't much to look at (basic figure 8) but it gives great racing!!!

BeastM's latest track is also great for close racing... and built in record time with scenery too!!!

If mtpanorama would only go routed!!!!!! :bday: :lol:

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

This is one of the nicest flows, combined with sense of reality I've driven

P1060675.jpg

I have to agree with you Mark on that, Knoaths track has a real nice flow to it. The other track I really like driving is the Kingleman ar MR in Dandenong that snake track reminds me of it and looks like fun to drive too. Some great tracks shown here.

Regards

Rob

GT Raceway Essex, UK.

Nice huge 6 lane Ninco analogue track in nice condition, smooth, fast with a bit of challenge mixed up with some huge straights. Well done Graham!

PJR Slot Racing Finley. Huge 70m 2 lane Ninco digital track. Onya Phil!

Drummers (Dave Haylocks) SSD track(s). Dave didnt believe much in constant radius curves. Every bend was unique, interesting and so much fun.

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

One I overlooked was Sax0607's old SSD track.

dcp7817mc1.jpg

This was THE first home track I saw when getting into the hobby.

It had scenery, it had pits!!! It was big... if only I could have gotten my head around the digital concept of when to change lanes at the right time!

Another is Rob's precision built, CNC routed, desert themed 3 laner. Smoooooth!

During construction...

braid3.jpg

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"