New Scaley 4-lane Track

bly10

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would put a few picks of a 4 lane scaley sport set-up we have just put together on the northside. Our first attempt after graduating from HO so its a bit rough but it does the job. Plenty of scenery stuff to be done to finish it off, any ideas glad to hear them. Also anyone with some good formats for basic race nights would be great, maybe just some ideas that work well would be really helpfull as we are just getting into it. Track is running timing with lap timer 2000 Hope you enjoy and look forward to becoming more active on the forum. Will get some more pics up again soon!

cheers

sdc10268.jpg

sdc10265.jpg

so its a bit rough but it does the job.

Sorry, where are the rough bits???

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Just a few bits here and there where the track isnt layed the best, still some corners to fix up etc quickest lap so far is a modified L34 (in the pics, still needs paint finished) which clocked a 3.450 v8's are around 5-6 secs average. A few more pics off a phone so not the best will get some more good quality ones up.

28001590.png

50638963.png

80705162.png

99989097.png

213213123.jpg

85739173.png

Welcome and good work - where abouts is the north side?

Most importantly how does the L34 go ;)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone, so far just a bit more track fiddling and mainly scenery work then on to some decent controllers. A few more proper pics from a camera, almost getting there now with the track. Wat timing is everyone else using?. Is there anything out there that logs lap times and hot laps etc better than timer 2000?. Hope you enjoy!

img0511ms.th.jpg

img0503v.th.jpg

img0498j.th.jpg

img0496np.th.jpg

img0492si.th.jpg

img0491s.th.jpg

img0486ri.th.jpg

img0485yn.th.jpg

img0484ae.th.jpg

img0468hu.th.jpg

img0461c.th.jpg

img0450k.th.jpg

With timing systems there is a heap out there that stores best lap and more

my fav's are

Dos based - SRM link

Windows - PC Lap Counter but costs alot link

another one that can do it is UR3 link but i had alot issues with it

Anything DOS based has to be a lot more reliable. If you have a close look at a lot of the business applications used these days they are still DOS based operating in a Windows environment. Go to your local travel agent and you will see what I mean. DOS 3.11 STILL RULES.

Edited by Bulsara

My poor Krell!

Anything DOS based has to be a lot more reliable. If you have a close look at a lot of the business applications used these days they are still DOS based operating in a Windows environment. Go to your local travel agent and you will see what I mean. DOS 3.11 STILL RULES.

Pah! If you're going to argue DOS then DOS 3.3 rules!!!

Some evil witch had to throw an apple into the argument, :bday:

Funny how the Finder is still way more stable than Windows. Shame that Apple has priced itself out of the market... McIntosh sucks... Apple II r00lz!!!

Sorry about the non-slotty geek references.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will return you to your regular programme as soon as possible.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks obsidith for the timing software, working great!. Yeah the layout is in some spots a bit of a pain to marshall but it is the best layout we could fit in the space( shame we didnt have heaps more room!!) . With one marshall each end and the 2 grabbers we have it works ok, but but yes just a set amount of laps and average time seems the best. We are mainly racing the v8's at the moment ( slow i know) just till everyone gets a feel for the cars but the camaro's, muzzy's and torana's are running no magnets just some weights and goin awesome and exceptional fun to drive with much more predictability and the help of mjk's!!! Still just loving the whole 1:32 scene every day!!

Pah! If you're going to argue DOS then DOS 3.3 rules!!!

Some evil witch had to throw an apple into the argument, :chainsaw:

Funny how the Finder is still way more stable than Windows. Shame that Apple has priced itself out of the market... McIntosh sucks... Apple II r00lz!!!

Sorry about the non-slotty geek references.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will return you to your regular programme as soon as possible.

Embs

How does a youngster like you know about DOS?

My poor Krell!

How does a youngster like you know about DOS?

I study hard.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 1 month later...

Hi again all, been a while but the track is finally finished completely. Sorted all the corners now for a much smoother race track and to allow tail action on the outside lanes. Have now run a few successful crash and burn 5-10lap race meets with all sorts of classes. If anyone is keen for a race we are always up for some just let me know. Now I can finally just start collecting cars and not needing to worry bout the track!. Hope you enjoy

sdc10285j.jpgsdc10272c.jpgsdc10270o.jpgsdc10269v.jpgsdc10304f.jpgsdc10300v.jpgsdc10298f.jpgsdc10295f.jpgsdc10292r.jpgsdc10288ci.jpgsdc10300.jpg

• 3 months later...

Kev, the track is 4040 by 1440. Just needs a bit more width to allow full borders on all corners. Something I learnt the hard way. Oh well as the say learn to drive to the conditions lol. Also at 1440 its pushing it being built against a wall. After many race nights with the old grabber stick I did this. Now on castors to access full track for marshalling works a lot lot better now!!!

dsc00171t.jpg

Bly10,

I see we have another torana nut in amongst us!

Track looks great!

Dave

[/quote

Haha that you certainly have! Had to sell my lj to get the house that the track resides in. So the track was going to tide me over til the next one arrived but alas, I dont think I can part with the slots now I am having way too much fun so I'll have to make room for both!!! Is that yours in the pic?

One of? Need pics of the other(s)!

Here's my last two...

sigLXUC.jpg

Back to topic!!!

Nice track bly10!!!

Did you buy a couple of Scaley L34s just to respray them?

Love the Tuxedo Black 4dr!!! :lol:

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Dave

one of. lucky you.

this was my last one before it left for a new home

p1000342.jpg

knoath

cheers the track is almost finished now ( I think ive said that about 4 times already) and yeah when they first came out a bought a few of them, so ive got a shelf queen, a racer and a couple of resprays. The black is one is good fun, has copped all the fruit and goes well. Just hope some more old aussie muscle starts getting manufactured by slot companys.