1/24 37 Ford Coupe

slotbaker

Thought I'd follow Mopar's lead with a kitbashed coupe, and rather than contaminate the 41 Plymouth thread, I'd put it in a new one.

This is a 37 Ford that was done for a series at Liverpool Checkered Flag a few years ago. The series was for cars that may have been used in the USA during the 'moonshine' era when bootleggers transported their goods in stockish looking cars that went like like the clappers.

Anyway, here's mine, using the Revell 1:24 '37 Ford Coupe Street Rod kit, on an MJK chassis.

36ford-01.jpg

36ford-02.jpg

moon-1b.jpg

36ford-eng-03.jpg

36ford-eng-04.jpg

36ford-eng-02.jpg

moon-1c.jpg

In hindsight, maybe a moonshiner would not have run a nice shiney red car.

:lol:

Steve K.

In hindsight, maybe a moonshiner would not have run a nice shiney red car.

:lol:

That's right... They'd usually drive a very low key orange one with racing numbers and a confederate flag on the roof. :lol:

Nice looking coupe. Having a fiddle with a 1:32 '36 Roadster myself, but it's a very low detail kit and wont look anywhere near as pretty.

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Nice build, I like it alot. The 30's & 40's coupes are great cars. Not enough people build them. I think I need to build a moonshiner now. I think Uncle Jessie in DOH drove a matt black 40's coupe running moonshine in an episode, I think I need to do some researh

Thanks

Greg

Thanks, :lol:

They'd usually drive a very low key orange one with racing numbers and a confederate flag on the roof

Yeah, one of the guys was going to do the General Lee, but it didn't eventuate. He did a cop car instead. :lol:

Having a fiddle with a 1:32 '36 Roadster myself

I've seen that, and it should look great, just take your time.

drove a matt black 40's coupe

Yep or a pickup. Sumthin dark and sinister.

:)

Steve K.