Show Us Your Entry

gzminiz

am learning heaps through preparing for the proxy.

That is really what Proxy racing is all about!

So true. Changed motors gears etc. Gone back to the original motor but changed the gearing slightly to give more brake for those smaller tracks. Hope the motor is not too hot but will take the risk. Watched a few cars that were "easy to drive" last year that finished mid pack and came to the conclusion they have to be fast too. It might be a bit too hot this year with the smaller average track but its just a risk i am taking. gone with a krahs 23k and 9/24 gears. Krahs is a big torque 16.1 watt motor from what i can remember so it really is a powerhouse. I had a spare shark 25k that i wanted to run with 9/26 gears but it died. I think next time i will spend much more time tuning.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCX pro car does have the wire and eyelets style guide so that's a good step over and above the standard scx cars.

My pack of crown gears arrived in time for the weekend, also got some P3 slot-it tyres and Ninco pro race to experiment with. Lots of options. I tried the 27 crown gear with the 9 and while that was an easy drive it did not translate to fast times on my track. I took the suggestions on board and switched to a 10 tooth and that was better. Replacing the Ninco tyres with Ninco pro race tyres did not change things much but was starting to get quicker with the 10/27 combo. Running the slot-it tyres instead was a big improvement and times were getting quicker, car feels much better in the corners. The 26 crown gear was too much, car seemed to be harder to control kept spinning out when i applied power. So the 10/27 seemed like the go, however running the track at 11v to match the settings of some of the tracks and the car was sluggish, perhaps that's the scx motor?

I had a Spirit Le Mans long can motor out of my Spirit Golf and decided to try that as the SCX car comes with a long can adapter. Boy major difference both at 11v and 12v with 9/27 gearing, went quicker again and much easier to drive. I will try this with a 10 pinion and see how that goes I reckon I can squeeze in some more testing on the weekend and then it will be time for the final decision.

Edited by pmc356

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my entry

a Spirit Reynard 2KQ with Plafit Pointer 9:27 gearing, NSR wheelswith MJK tyres on the rear.

the decals are a mixture of DMC from pendle and Stubbo numbers and rondels.

P1020314.jpg

Mine will be in the post by the end of the week. Here is a quick pic of the body. Spirit Reynard with the side air scoop. The colour scheme was what I had planned to use on my 2008 Proxy XJ12 for the Thunder Saloons. Since that never made it I decided to reuse the paint and the decals which I still had on this. The decals were Pattos I think meant for the Jag XJ220 but could be wrong. I have clear coated this with Pledge "one go" which seems a tad glossy but wanted to try it and see if it worked. So far so good if rather shiny.

img0204v.jpg

The wheels will be slot it with an NSR King motor and slot it gears.

Some great looking cars there :).

@ Antony you can never have to much gloss... :)

Hope to have my car completed tonight,then some more tuning.

ATM my B car is faster than the car I want to use :)

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I dare not post a picture of mine. I have to admit that re-painting cars and re-decaling is something that I am not the best at (& probably building proxy cars as well), so mine is stock liveried.

Maybe next year

BTW, good job guys. I am really jealous!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

I dare not post a picture of mine. I have to admit that re-painting cars and re-decaling is something that I am not the best at (& probably building proxy cars as well), so mine is stock liveried.

Maybe next year

I am with you on that one Hoffy. Everytime i paint a car it turns to disaster. Mine is going in stock livery. I think between now and next year i will try one livery a few times to get one right maybe a simple one like JPS or pennzoil. I muffed the last JPS cars i did by buying the wrong paint.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

acuraready.jpg

After too many laps and too much thinking I've finally got to the point where I can post this away.

Its going to be interesting how this fares against the slotit( and others),with their pods as compared to this non podded car,certainly the slotit audis' appear formidable.

acuradupr2010chassis.jpg

acurachassisbrace.jpg

Not too much weight,105 grams,I've again gone with NSR tyres,independant front end.

I've used this type of "Ninco" brace for a while now.certainly find the circuit board stuff easy to use and solder to.

As you can see I've dogged out of painting the car,I didn't have any LMP cars before the DUPR indicated it was going to go this way with the LMP,so I had to get a car "off the shelf",we'll see how wise that choice was in months to come.

testing here shows that had this car been run against last years proxy cars,both podded and non podded,it would have qualified very well,so we will see I suppose.

Terry

Edited by terry

As you can see I've dogged out of painting the car,I didn't have any LMP cars before the DUPR indicated it was going to go this way with the LMP,so I had to get a car "off the shelf",we'll see how wise that choice was in months to come.

testing here shows that had this car been run against last years proxy cars,both podded and non podded,it would have qualified very well,so we will see I suppose.

Terry

There is a lot of work into that car, i love the stock paint a bunch. The ninco acura LMP's are formidable opponents.

Maybe next year

Hoffy get FCC to help ya paint it.

cheers

rick1776

Looks good Terry, alot of time and thought gone into that.

Really looking forward to qualifying all these cars on my track, plus im planning on live coverage for qual and race.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

wow there are some great looking cars there, they all look super fast too, that vodafone audi looks the business.

While doing some testing tonight I have broken the guide holder where the guide fits into on my scx pro. I had fitted a slot-it wood guide, had to trim a bit on my track but was going great until I pushed to hard into the bend and the cars snapped round and the deeper longer guide held the slot but the guide holder didn't :lol: It was a clean break so I have applied some super glue and re-tested with the scx guide. Its back up and running but might be a weakness. I will have to do some more testing tomorrow. If it breaks again I will be in trouble...

Paul

wow there are some great looking cars there, they all look super fast too, that vodafone audi looks the business.

While doing some testing tonight I have broken the guide holder where the guide fits into on my scx pro. I had fitted a slot-it wood guide, had to trim a bit on my track but was going great until I pushed to hard into the bend and the cars snapped round and the deeper longer guide held the slot but the guide holder didn't :lol: It was a clean break so I have applied some super glue and re-tested with the scx guide. Its back up and running but might be a weakness. I will have to do some more testing tomorrow. If it breaks again I will be in trouble...

Super glue is unlikely to stand up to the twisting forces that broke it in the first place. Iwould suggest that you look at trying to fit a re-enforcing strap of plastic or metal around it ,then epoxy it in place.

Chris

H.M.C.C

Super glue is unlikely to stand up to the twisting forces that broke it in the first place. Iwould suggest that you look at trying to fit a re-enforcing strap of plastic or metal around it ,then epoxy it in place.

another neat way of reinforcing the area would be to cut a small piece of stocking or panty hose(get those out of the bottom drawer )and apply a layer of 5 minute epoxy over the area,"bed" into the wet epoxy the aforementioned piece of stocking then push the stocking piece into the wet epoxy,the epoxy oozes through the mesh,and when dry gives you a strong reinforced joint.

the fun part to all this is ripping the stockings( or panty hose) of an appropiately friendly person!