Carrera Digital Track

Nulla

ahhh rick, yes I've raced on Carrera Pro-x and Scalex Digital, neither impressed me much, although the Carrera was good as a big oval, simple is best for digital. I can sell you a whole stack of race prepared Pro-x cars and digital track if you are interested in wasting your money... I know I did.

The scalex stuff I raced on would be one of the best, well researched and setup layouts I've ever seen. Over 80m of two lane track with I have no idea how many lane changers, didn't impress me either.

Never raced on routed digital, doesn't really interest me.... no way it could be better than my little two lane routed layout that is PROPERLY designed, I use the term again, as you missed it first time around.

Here's a photo of a PROPERLY designed Routed Racing Track _C7O4179.jpg

What is "PROPERLY" designed. You are just having a lend aren't you? :lol:

No

NULLA both your tracks are spot on and appear to perform the function they were designed for. Hope to race on them soon. Have never raced digital, so you will have to hold my non-controller hand. I keep an open mind on matters like these and I am sure I will like the digital, but not too much, I hope. If it's kids that love digital I will too. My missus reckons I am the kid we never had. :lol:

ps. I don't like those squeezy bits on tracks, negates the thrill of overtaking someone around the outside of a corner. Passing cars on the straights only requires power.

You mean like REAL racing? Power is open to interpretation, I might have a car that is way "underpowered" but because of the lack of power, gets excellent traction coming off the turn leading into the straight etc.... this is basic racing technique and car preparation...

Hey! You just learned some basic racing techniques and car prep, see you learn something new every day.... aren't you pleased? Say thanks Cliffy....

You can't pass on the outside on a track with Parallel lanes any more than you can in a squeeze, squeezes just take more skill.

Edited by cliffy

No cigar Cliffy. Anyone can hold the trigger hard on a straight, no skill required there, as Bulsara said it on the curves that skill comes into it. Thats how it is on my track too.

Maybe we can hand this thread back over to Nulla as its been hijacked!

@Nulla.

I'll be down for a few rounds for sure, count me in, Im looking foward to racing :lol:

I wont be able to make every round because of the distance sadly :lol:

Rick

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

@Nulla.

Rick

Damn, just as it was getting amusing :D

Thanks for the kind words Bulsara.

BTW... I am thinking holding a digital race meeting on the last Sunday of each month starting in Janurary for a championship if there are enough people interested. The cars (Carrera D132 GT Cars) will be supplied by myself and once you register you will be able to pull a random car number out of the hat and that will be the car you will race for that meeting. You will be able to enter as a team or solo driver and be awarded the same points (max. of 2 per team). All people will need to do is turn up a 1/2 hour to a hour before the start and register so that we car organise the races. The lenght of the race will depend on the numbers but 1 hours racing per driver/team combo will be guaranteed. I think this is a easy way for people to explore digital racing without the feeling the need to buy a digital car or set.

So if anyone is interested please PM so I can get things moving. Looking for a min. of at least 6 teams/drivers.

Regards

Nulla

I'm keen, not too far from the Gong either.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

No cigar Cliffy. Anyone can hold the trigger hard on a straight, no skill required there, as Bulsara said it on the curves that skill comes into it. Thats how it is on my track too.

@Nulla.

I'll be down for a few rounds for sure, count me in, Im looking foward to racing :o

I wont be able to make every round because of the distance sadly :o

Rick

Hijacked? :D

Now that's funny, last time I looked it was about slot cars.... this is what I hate about forums the arrogance just annoys the crap out of me... now I'm gonna get accused of "personal" attacks again.... nothing personal about this comment whatsoever, it applies to a HEAP of people on this forum, along with other forums....

So you think a good "RACE" track has no straights? I've never passed on a straight unless someone has

1. Crashed or

2. Let me pass

I attempt to pass under brakes, then if necessary bang my way past in the corner. Just like real racing. This sort of racing doesn't happen on either digital or parallel layouts, no where near as much as it does on my layout any way...

If you go back and have another look at my post, and look at the photos of my layout, you'll see that the corners are the part that creates the racing on my layout, not the straights.... and it's created on EVERY corner. You can't even do that on a 1:1 race track...

Hijacked? :D

Now that's funny, last time I looked it was about slot cars.... this is what I hate about forums the arrogance just annoys the crap out of me... now I'm gonna get accused of "personal" attacks again.... nothing personal about this comment whatsoever, it applies to a HEAP of people on this forum, along with other forums....

So Cliffy, coming to the meet? We can settle this on the track :o

Edited by aussieslotter

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

G'day all

Thought I would just post a updated picture of the track. Finished cutting the table now and started making the barriers. Should have the table top painted all the one colour by next week to make it look a bit better.

Slot%20Car%20Factory%20Digital%20Track%20(Small).JPG

Regards

Nulla

Why race on any old figure 8 track when you could be racing on a track designed to replicate a piece of Australian motorsport history like Oran Park Raceway.

Nice work Nulla. Almost a shame to paint that, the patchwork is so neat and tidy. Quite the centre you're developing there.

One question only. Are you going to also include an analogue track for the diehards/poor people? If so, which circuit is the planned base for that one?

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I have 3 tracks at the moment. The Tsukuba Carrera Digital Track which if things go well could be running Scorpius digital sometime this year and 2 Analogue tracks (6 lane Oran Park Ninco track and a Scalextric Sport rally track). If a few more people start coming down then I would like to invest in a wood track later on.

Nulla

Why race on any old figure 8 track when you could be racing on a track designed to replicate a piece of Australian motorsport history like Oran Park Raceway.

Sorry, I thought the Ninco track was digital too. Hope you get lots of custom.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

ahhh rick, yes I've raced on Carrera Pro-x and Scalex Digital, neither impressed me much, although the Carrera was good as a big oval, simple is best for digital. I can sell you a whole stack of race prepared Pro-x cars and digital track if you are interested in wasting your money... I know I did.

The scalex stuff I raced on would be one of the best, well researched and setup layouts I've ever seen. Over 80m of two lane track with I have no idea how many lane changers, didn't impress me either.

Never raced on routed digital, doesn't really interest me.... no way it could be better than my little two lane routed layout that is PROPERLY designed, I use the term again, as you missed it first time around.

Here's a photo of a PROPERLY designed Routed Racing Track _C7O4179.jpg

What is "PROPERLY" designed. You are just having a lend aren't you? :o

No

NULLA both your tracks are spot on and appear to perform the function they were designed for. Hope to race on them soon. Have never raced digital, so you will have to hold my non-controller hand. I keep an open mind on matters like these and I am sure I will like the digital, but not too much, I hope. If it's kids that love digital I will too. My missus reckons I am the kid we never had. :D

ps. I don't like those squeezy bits on tracks, negates the thrill of overtaking someone around the outside of a corner. Passing cars on the straights only requires power.

You mean like REAL racing? Power is open to interpretation, I might have a car that is way "underpowered" but because of the lack of power, gets excellent traction coming off the turn leading into the straight etc.... this is basic racing technique and car preparation...

Hey! You just learned some basic racing techniques and car prep, see you learn something new every day.... aren't you pleased? Say thanks Cliffy....

You can't pass on the outside on a track with Parallel lanes any more than you can in a squeeze, squeezes just take more skill.

But it's not REAL racing it is SCALE racing where a whole lot of other variables apply.

You can't overtake on the outside of a corner on a track with parallel lanes???? Tell that to the guys who do it to me every week!!!

Squeezes only take more skill to avoid having your valuable slotty trashed by a nutter.

Power is open to interpretation???? You should suggest that to Bernie Ecclestone.

"Say Thanks Cliffy", you are having a lend, I can tell.

Are you interested in selling the 1970's BROWN chairs in the background? Haven't seen treasures like that since Molly Meldrum had hair.

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

• 3 months later...

For all of you that have not had a chance to test drive this track. I present to you a little in-car video around the Tsukuba Digital slot car circuit.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Last Friday night we had our first digital race meeting. With 6 entrants we split up into 2 groups and had 2x 3 man heats and a 4 man final. This allowed us to marshall the track properly and keep everyone happy. With the cars for each race being picked out at random for each driver by a slot car motor with a number on it out of a box. No one knew what car they would get until the race started. By the end of the night the 6 new digital debutantes all came away smiling and looking forward to next months race.

Slot%20Car%20Factory%20Tsukuba%20Digital%201.jpg

Slot%20Car%20Factory%20Tsukuba%20Digital%202.jpg

Regards

Mat

Great to see that you're up and running Matt.

I still think thats a pretty useful circuit choice you made there, might ust suit a new club member of ours who wants a big circuit.

What is the in-car camera system you've used? Any web links to the type?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Nulla, I love what you've done with that. I so want to try the digital side of racing.

Great stuff.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

For you SlotsNZ, here is a picture of my Carrera Nissan GT500 GT-R camera car.

Slot%20Car%20Factory%20camera%20car.JPG

As you can see its the old mobile phone taped to the slot car chassis trick. First I taped a foam paint roller across the chassis and then placed a tyre on top of the chip and then taped the camera to the foam roller and sat it on top of the tyre.

Thanks for the comments too Ember and GTR XU-1.

Still a few more upgrades in the pipe line like a double lane changer on the back straight and some pits, already got the lap counter running (not in pics). There is one thing that I would say after our first digital race compared to analouge racing and that is having marshalls is even more important because you can't leave your car on the track while you head back to your controller because all the cars in that lane behind you will run into your car before you can say "don't hit my car". :):lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlotCarFactory

Regards

Mat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matt , I think it`s an awsome track after having the chance to drive it the night we picked up our new GT Heros D132 set we purchased from you a couple of months ago. My boys loved it and the track itself is exellent to drive , especially the 2 long back straights and sweeper where you can really hold full throttle for much longer than you would normal , back off slightly into the sweeper , then WOT again until you reach the first corner. We loved it so much that i was going to copy it but the space required is too large and wasn`t practical for home. Keep up the good work mate , Jason. :D

For you SlotsNZ, here is a picture of my Carrera Nissan GT500 GT-R camera car.

Mat

thanks Mat - but there goes my idea of finding a nice little discrete miniature wireless USB camera type thingy you could point out to me for 3 pesos on EBAY ........ :D

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

If anyone is interested we will be racing digital cars tomorrow night (friday 21st May) along with classic lemans/sportscars (analouge). Doors open at 6:00pm and racing starts at 7:30pm till 9:30pm. The cost is $10 for the whole night. Carrera Digital cars will be supplied for the digital race with cars picked at random by a lucky dip draw so chances are you will not race the same car twice. The classic lemans/sportscar race will be on the Oran park analouge track racing at 10v without magnets using your own cars. For more info please look up the website.

Regards

Mat