dangermouse

2010 Lineup From All Makers

The Caterham may be a rehash of the old one. And didn't Scaley do a DB5 some time ago? Or was that one of the other companies?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi all,

For magnet racing super resistant cars are excellent. In the open wheeler range the A1 cars seem to go forever but you cannot say that about the others.

The basic Mini also is not only more durable but goes much better.

For young kids and novices I think they are ideal so would not knock too much.

There are certainly plenty of higher detail cars available and a great new selection for 2010.

Slot cars for all modes of racing are most desirable.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Non-magnet and now Slot-it addict.

Nice one DM. Did you dig that out from under the bed? Or was it the back of the wardrobe? Friend of mine (Mulletman - it goes so well with his Monaro) has that set, with some extra track. I haven't shown him the Scaley Torrie yet, but I can quite imagine his response.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I believe the Lotus 49 is going to be the Jim Clark sister car to teh Graham Hill one they released last year.

I'd love to see the blues union one done - that's daggy as anything.

The Lola / Astons will have a home with me for certain. Same with the D-type / Mercedes pack.

Williams and Mclaren will find their way here as will about 300 General Lees. (You need a few to destroy doing the stunts..)

Do I take it the Super Resistant ones are going to be kinda like the old drift cars? Pretty much indestructible? In that case I'll be getting the Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo as 'house cars' for sure. With boys aged 3, 7 and 13 and their mates & our friends having kids in the same age ranges I don't really want them using my slot its..

Gonna be a fun year on those alone!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Do I take it the Super Resistant ones are going to be kinda like the old drift cars? Pretty much indestructible? In that case I'll be getting the Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo as 'house cars' for sure. With boys aged 3, 7 and 13 and their mates & our friends having kids in the same age ranges I don't really want them using my slot its..

Yup. Them's the ones. They make for good guest/novice cars.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Unfortunately it isn't mine - I googled torana slot car and that is what I found :lol:

Some lucky chap on a Torana forum was showing it off... Mind you one sold on eBay in November for $73

I do still have bits and pieces of this though (including the box and some of the body shells a working truck and several working cars must be a least 30 years old now)

Screenshot2010-01-01at22039PM.png

cheers

DM

PS 'house cars'

I know what you mean Eno - I was showing the father of my son's friend the track, and showed him the 'house cars' I said they are indestructible as kids sometimes forget to stop at the end of the straight... I then braked too late meaning for the car to de-slot and hit the railings - instead it flipped through the air sailed about 8 feet and smashed to the ground with the body on one side and the chassis with the motor hanging out on the other. Oops I said didn't mean to do that - put the motor back in and ran it straight away - see indestructible I said. :lol: the body did need glueing as I broke the front mounting posts off.

Edited by dangermouse

Yup. Them's the ones. They make for good guest/novice cars.

My 3yo is not a novice - I just need to speed things up with something I don't cower behind.. Richard turned the power up one day (while I wasn't looking) when he was 2 & 1/2 it wasn't him that wrecked a car..

It's the 7 & 13 YO's that have no idea!

..oh - and me..

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

It's the 7 & 13 YO's that have no idea!

..oh - and me..

:lol: My brothers were the same when they were here. 3 hours of pushing at the absolute limit. Oh they started off playing nicely... But it soon became a grudge match. No backing off... No way.... No how! I tried sneaking the power down on them, but they found me out. When they left I had a cliff to repair and some repairs to run on cars, but at least nothing too drastic. Well, a cracked chassis in a Ford GT, but I already had a replacement anyway due to a previous miss-order. Oh, and a bit of a dent in the chipboard lined wall where the flying car hit. Hard to believe those guys are 49 and 50 years old. It was definitely like they were teenagers all over again. Worth every minute to watch.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

"the Chevy Impala SS would be the NASCAR COT one"

yeah didn't think of that - so what 3 cars have I missed or maybe 4 as someone said they had done the Caterham before as well.

MRE might be counting the two Pro editions as newbies.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

"the Chevy Impala SS would be the NASCAR COT one"

yeah didn't think of that - so what 3 cars have I missed or maybe 4 as someone said they had done the Caterham before as well.

Does the Button Brawn F1 count as a new one, although it was announced in 2009 that they'd be doing it?

And the Ltd Edition Gulf Aston Lola's from Le Mans last year.

Edited by tvwino

the 1955 D-Type and Merc look good - hopefully it runs better than the Carrera one :(

cheers

DM

-------

Limited Edition Cars

LIMITED EDITION: 1955 Jaguar D-Type & Mercedes SLR Le Mans - C3058A - 2nd quarter

A D-type, just what I need. Too bad it has been teamed with a car that I already have. I suppose I'll have to wait another year for their not so limited release version of just the D-type.

Hopefully it won't need as much work as my Fangio Merc did.

I spied these at Sandown in November, just to whet everyones appetite :( .

dtypejags.jpg

Holty

I am thinking the new GT40 could be the Alan Mann racing or the #6 Holman Moody (blue yellow nose)

Well my Dec 2009 prediction of the #6 GT40 came true in 2010 (see 1st post) - I know I was hedging my bets by putting 2 cars up

so what will this year's Scalextric Ford GT40 S-C3211 be?

Maybe the Alan Mann car this time around....

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse