So,onto 2010

Terry

Hi All

I have some very mixed feelings about how things ran this year and I don't think it would serve any further purpose airing my views publicly on what happened and any individuals actions and responses to things.

Hi Alan

Thanks for the kind words on how my series was conducted, but I can't take any credit for starting the series I'm afraid. The man who started all this was Phoneo (Martin) he started the original Auslot series back in 2005 he then followed it up in 06 with the bigger nationwide series. I just picked up what had been a great concept changed the name and added my bit to it and ran with it.

Cheers Alan

ps I look forward to mixing it with you in the IPS NZCanAm and the Group C proxies

Edited by lenny broke

Hey Alan. Glad to see I am not the only insomniac in the world. Less said about this year the better I think. Its all been done. Next years host seems to be really keen and intentioned to do things in the right spirit so I am sure we can look forward to a better event. There are a few things I can say though without fear of offending anyone and I am sure it is the same for everyone. Firstly I would never have learned as much about car building in such a short space of time if it were not for proxy racing and the messages both here and from the guys in the RAA that i have received. Proxy racing removes the "driver" Home track advantage so its the best way to learn about building. For people like me with poor hand eye co-ordination and that are average drivers but love racing toy cars. Proxy racing is a hoot. So for anyone wondering don't be shy and get on board.

Secondly I think some of the folk you meet even though thay may only be internet friends are often the ones to give you tips that you would never have figured out yourself so participation is great.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

OK, my 2c worth. I host the International Proxy Series so I'm going to use that as a comparison against the DUPR. The IPS was originally the brain child of Lenny Broke and when he couldn't run it the first year (2009) I stept in. I'm not bragging about how the IPS is run but I want to point out how things are different.

The rules are almost exactly the same for each year (the only changes for 2010 were an extra motor to choose from and 1964 sports cars are allowed, up a year from 2009 rules).

The same cars are eligible so you don't have to build up something totally different. Entrants can learn from their mistakes and make their existing car faster.

Only 8 rounds which kept it tight and allowed lots of time to get cars back at the end of the year.

Early delivery. The races start in April but all cars must be sent by 1st March so I lots of time to scrutinise.

Rules are adhered to and the owners are notified and asked what they would like done to make their cars legal.

Every race host gave great info and pictures on the round they held. I think this went a long way to keeping people interested.

Tyres are control (Ninco classics) and motor choice is limited to only a handfull so newby proxy entrants don't have to guess these crucial parts.

Having the cars mechanically similar made for very close racing with some rounds favoring totally different cars than other rounds.

Chassis can be scratch built or modified RTR or standard. Turned out the standard chassis's were probably the fastest but it allowed total freedom for the entrants to do what they wanted but the motors had to be inline. No sidewinders or anglewinders.

2009 was the first time the IPS was run. We had 25 entrants. For 2010 the limit is 40 cars and it didn't take long to get a full field. Nearly all of the 2009 guys re-entered for 2010 so something about the IPS must be right.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with pointing out the differences and only intend my comments to be considered, not actioned unless someone sees some merit in applying certain parts to the DUPR.

I've entered every DUPR since it's started and I will keep doing so. It's a great proxy and the guys who have run it over the years deserve all the support they can get.

OK enough rambling, it's 2:37am Christmas morning and I know my kids are going to be up in a few hours so Merry Christmas to all and I hope Santa has a pleasant surprise for you.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

I haven't said a word about this Series so far, but now that it's finished it might be appropriate to say just a few words.

When Alan started this series it was superb and was held up around the World as THE WAY to run a Proxy Series, Communication was excellent, the tracks and hosts were sorted out well in advance, the Rules were concise and any rule queries sorted out by the "Panel of experts" assembled by Alan..........

It races were run to schedule, very well reported, not only here but on other boards and everyone had a great time, and more importantly everything was done in a friendly and enjoyable way.

What has happened this year?............First the race is split into two Series, what an earth for?...It just makes the whole thing over complicated, logistically difficult and almost impossible for the casual observer to keep track of, if you have too many cars just limit the number it is not rocket science is it?....

The race reporting quality has been variable going from just a bare results list to a comprehensive report of each cars performance.......and then there are the complaints about other peoples cars, legality issues etc...all played out in public so everyone can see how well Australian Proxy Series are run, and then there is the race schedule................Sorry guys it is just not done like that........

Dave Kennedy and myself entered standard SCX cars because we just wanted to see how they would perform against highly tuned cars, to be honest I was reluctant to enter and only did so in the end out of loyallty to Alan, wishing to support the great Series he started, I really wish I had not bothered.

I hope this Series, (if it is to be run again), can rise from the ashes of this disaster and once again become an important part of the Proxy Scene. Until then I'm afraid I can't see many entrants from overseas wishing to take part.

Regards

Alan

I have to this point had little to say regards the dupr but Alan has hit the nail right on the head with the above posting I applaud the effort's of those who put their hands up to run and host the rounds but really blokes it just wasn't good enough you need to publish a timetable and then adhere to it frankly I thought at times the 2009 event turned into a bloody shambles. due mainly to the lack of communication and the neglect to have the cars to the next venue on time. and when they did arrive it took a month in some cases to run another round. and I don't believe that running two classes in conjunction worked. the old adage K.I.S.S.

Viv