Ozrally Proxy Series 09/10 Rnd 2

triggy

Well it's that time already, to get into the next round. The BMR track is a tight and twisty layout with many undulations on the road surface, however it is a fun layout to drive.

Prologue will be run tommorrow night, stage 1 Friday night and stage 2 on Sunday.

Newroom007.jpg

The start line is half way down the straight on the left hand side, then runs down to the front right hand corner and runs clockwise

Thanks Phil for the link below also

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a true rally track. Its not a mamby-pamby smooth as a baby's bottom layout, its a real off road rally track. I will not be surprised to see a hole different set of cars do well on this track.

You still going to run climate control in the "shed" Triggy?? I say let the shed get up to 40C and see how the cars cope. :lol:

cheers

rick1776

Good link Phil. This track is a killer i call it the tunnel of death there are a couple od spots actually 3 on this track that really find out a cars handling. I drove tippy round on it and was hard pressed to get a clean lap. I saw some of the cars last proxy and the difference between the top few and the rest was staggering. Much more obvious than a flat circuit race. Any car that does well here can certainly handle.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

If the Adelaide weather gets up to near 40c again you better water them tumbleweeds for me Triggy - not too much though thats MDF they're growin in .

Have fun with the track , Im off to Perth to play on a big goo track at the Chequered Flag Raceway (Maddington) The 24 hour race may call for 24 Red Bulls I think

The start line is half way down the straight on the left hand side

What straight?????????????? :)

Sorry I meant that stretch between the top and bottom on the RHS. Sorry for the confusion :lol:

Normal people worry me

The 10 lap prologue was run tonight. As has been said before this track has some tight corners and undulations in the road surface. A few cars really struggled to stay on this track.

A few cars handled it really well and were a pleasure to drive and had great times. A few cars had a few offs and were generally controllable once you got used to them. A few cars only managed to get 1 full lap out of the 10 without falling off and some of the mid to high range lap times actually flatter those cars: the stages will highlight these cars. Then there were those that struggled and had numerous offs because they weren't suited to this track: refer those at the bottom of the table.

I expect some big time differences between the top and bottom cars for this round.

Here is the best lap time table:

Some of you can be genuinely excited, others, don't expect a good lap time to equal a good stage time.

NewPicture1.jpg

Stage 1 this Friday night

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

This is a cut n paste from last years rally proxy , going by the sound the fastest lap time at the time the cheapo video was made was 7.7 seconds .

Its a really bad quality phone video but it gives a little bit of an idea of what a decent car looks like running a lap . Can't remember or tell whos car it was thats running in the video but it seems happy enough to put a few laps in . Triggy . Hoffy , Rick - who was driving ?

th_V03-03-09_2130.jpg

Quick edit it seems 7.7's were good last year . Well done to those that are running quicker this time around .

Edited by BMR

I can't remember who's car that was in the vid, but we had 5-6 cars last night that would consistently lap like it shows in the vid where the car takes all the corners with ease.

Obsidith and others, alot of the cars had problems cornering around the double "esses" in the top right corner. some would jamb up because the couldn't take the tight corner and others would ride out and this was partly due to too much grip therefore not enabling the rear end to slide out thus helping it corner.

The good cars are good fun to drive around on this track, just like the vid. It is a matter of weight distribution, and it doesn't have to be alot as some of the good performing cars are heavy and others are light, so the weight distribution is important.

We know how each car handles (or doesn't handle) so we will try and punch out consistent laps without deslotting to give each car their best chance of a good finish tomorrow night.

Normal people worry me

To 356speedster and others, guides weren't the issue on the tight corners, it was more a case of cars not being able to flick / slide around the corners because of too much grip or weight distribution.

This track was tweaked and tuned 2 years ago so that all guides could get around without binding in the slot.

Normal people worry me

cars not being able to flick / slide around the corners because of too much grip or weight distribution.

Pretty sure mines in this category (is it?). It was doing a bit of 2 wheeling on a few corners of my track during testing. Didnt want to add too much weight as I knew the RPM was a little down (even for rally).

Good luck for the weekend. Ill be away so ill have to wait until Monday for the results.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

so im in the group that will go backwards

No siddy, you and I are in the middle group where the car goes OK just needs to be driven carefully rather than full on so it gets around with minimal deslots. Expect a "consertive" time.

Normal people worry me