Scalextric News

gazza

BEEFY!!!!

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a real shame as the 67 Parnelli would have been a sure fire hit for Scalextric, an absolutely beautiful car that would have sold out in no time.

I'll admit that I'm disappointed with the Bob Fryer 69 Camaro (whilst it's not a bad representation, the 67 Parnelli #27 is simply stunning and would have probably out sold the #13 - as it's the 7th Red Camaro... I'm going to have to get my camera out to show that it's the 7th.... all in good time).

Cheers

Mark

And I just have to post up this link that lists the Trans-Am cars..... great resource of information....

Trans-Ams

I'd love to see the #7 Camaro Z/28 (there are quite a few beautiful Z/28's)....

or the #27 or #56 or #23 Carmaro (please, please, either one would be great)

#86 Sunoco

#57 Mustang (surely Scalex will do this next year as a special edition - they've done yellow and blue, now it's time for red!!!!!!)

#33 Camaro (hot, hot, hot)

• 1 month later...

A large range due from Scalextric this year

08b929c8.jpg

26011bce.jpg

AUDI R8 GT3 Super Resistant Model

McLAREN F1 2010

BRAWN GP Limited Edition

FERRARI F1 2009 DRIVER: FELIPE MASSA

FERRARI 250 GTO

FERRARI 308 GTB

ASTON MARTIN DBR9

FERRARI F430 Super Resistant Model

SUBARU POLICE CAR

TOP GEAR LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO Super Resistant Model

TOP GEAR NISSAN GT-R Super Resistant Model

TOP GEAR PORSCHE 997 Super Resistant Model

NISSAN GT-R Super Resistant Model

MINI COOPER Super Resistant Model

PORSCHE 997 Super Resistant Model

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO Super Resistant Model

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO GT Super Resistant Model

PORSCHE 997 Super Resistant Model

FERRARI F430 GT Super Resistant Model

JAGUAR XKR GT3 2010 model

PRO PERFORMANCE ASTON MARTIN DBR9

PRO PERFORMANCE CHEVROLET IMPALA SS

PORSCHE 911

FERRARI F430 GT2

PORSCHE RS SPYDER

FORD GT

ASTON MARTIN DBS

FORD FOCUS WRC EDDIE STOBART

LOTUS 49

CATERHAM

FORD LOTUS CORTINA

FORD GT40

FERRARI 330 P4

FORD ECSORT MK1

MINI

HOLDEN L34 TORANA

EAGLE GURNEY-WESTLAKE

MINI COOPER S

1970-1973 CAMARO

CLASSIC FORD MUSTANG

CLASSIC CAMARO

BMW MINI BLUE / YELLOW - Super Resistant Twin Pack

NISSAN GTR / PORCHE 997 - Super Resistant Twin Pack

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO ORANGE / BLUE - Super Resist Twin Pack

JAGUAR XKR GT3 CONCEPT

PORSCHE 997 TRIPLE X

CATERHAM R5600 BLUE

AUDI R8 GT3 - ROSBERG

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO GT-R MRP MOTORSPORTS

FORD GT-R BLACK SWAN

SCALEXTRIC START RALLY - Super Resistant Twin Pack

SCALEXTRIC START GT - Super Resistant Twin Pack

SCALEXTRIC START SINGLE SEATERS - Super Resistant Twin Pack

There's another L34 due 2nd quarter ..... anyone want to start guessing the livery

More on the Armchair site

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

A few more details are up on the scalextric site still lots of gaps - but for me at least the latest GT40 is no longer a mystery B)

Not sure if anyone would have picked the L34 livery though??

The Lotus 49 looks like it will be a nice livery.

http://www.scalextric.com/news/2009/12/18/...o-a-new-decade/

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Another yellow Torana sucks. Sheesh. What is it with Scaley and yellow cars?

How about something a little different?

76OranPark.jpg

No ciggie advertising there.

And I'm not even a Brock fan!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The green David Piper Ferrari looks awesome I have the Red #24 and love driving it, I can see a green one making its way onto my grid.

Did you hear that scalextric won't be making Ferrari slot cars after June 30 - some loony at Ferrari has decided that Carrera can have an exclusive licence to make Ferrari slot cars and so there will only be this years Ferrari and they will be out early. I can understand Carrera desire for an exclusive lic. but seriously Ferrari needs to re-think this one surely the more companies making the car the better it is for them (more licence fees??)

cheers

DM

Yeah, that really sucks. Presumably that means Slot.it, Fly and the rest will have to stop making Ferraris too.

Did you hear that scalextric won't be making Ferrari slot cars after June 30 - some loony at Ferrari has decided that Carrera can have an exclusive licence to make Ferrari slot cars and so there will only be this years Ferrari and they will be out early. I can understand Carrera desire for an exclusive lic. but seriously Ferrari needs to re-think this one surely the more companies making the car the better it is for them (more licence fees??)

cheers

DM

Russ

Did you hear that scalextric won't be making Ferrari slot cars after June 30 - some loony at Ferrari has decided that Carrera can have an exclusive licence to make Ferrari slot cars and so there will only be this years Ferrari and they will be out early.

Ferrari seem to be getting so anal about who manufactures/represents their label - for about the past 5 years or so it's been getting worse!! I think someone mentioned about other items (PC/Console games) that have had to be withdrawn because Ferrari have thrown up a fuss. So silly!! Good thing I've been investing in Ferrari slot cars, as they'll be worth a mint soon :clap:

Cheers

Richard

Have just seen images of the proposed new Holden Torana L34 (C3101) for 2010 on the official Scalextric website, another Aussie Touring Car from the past, don't know the details of the car, all I know is it's Camel yellow & black with Bridgestone pasted on the side & it's No. 5. This will race well against the Torana released last year 2009. Hopefully Scalextrics can release a few more Toranas over the next few years...well we can only wish...

39849ae7.jpg

Don't recall seeing this one on the website. Is she one of the special features of the Collectors Edition?

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Vinno unpinned this topic