gazza

Scalextric News

Just had a quick look through the 2022 range Gary.

Good to see them finally bringing some buildings back.

Just read elsewhere that the building are one piece resin too.

Being a fan of the Gulf livery I don't know if it's just me or do most of the 2021/2022 releases look more 'toy like'.

Of the 4 new 2022 Gulf liveries only the Aston Martin 'Dirty Girl' looks good IMO.

The Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile looks cool, probably pick up 1.

And you can't have the first two Back to the Future cars without the third, that makes 2.

Still waiting on Kitt from the 2021 Catalogue, that'll be 3.

There's some nice new cars, smaller list than usual but understandable in todays World.

With the price of most of the new releases listed around 53 Pounds ($100) I think I'd rather spend my slot money on other brands.

An NSR, Slot.it, Revoslot etc don't look that expensive anymore compared to Scalextric, especially given their quality components.

Looking forward to seeing what the 2022 Australian releases will be.

Matt

Edited by mattcrackers
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I think the price increase is due to shipping costs rather than the cost of the cars so the other brands will probably increase their prices as well, I hope not but we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it." - Joseph Goebbels

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Interesting to see how the little Cobras go, need something to fill the hole that the Ninco classics left.

Probably over powered and need 5 or 6 magnets to keep them on the track.

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

There are some great possibilities for expanding the Blues Brothers world - 77 Dodge Royal Monaco in white Chicago Police colours, Fleetwood Southwind RV, Ford F250, Ford Pinto stationwagon... Looking forward to getting one! Might have to get two and run one without the air-raid siren!

peugeotory2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some classic Aussie Mustangs - did someone say Norm Beechey, Pete and Leo Geoghagen, Bob Jane - 

Neptune Racing would be great first up as that would make a complete set given the Mini and Cortina has been done already....might be ripe for a re-issue of those 3 as a box set....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GHL92al0Jf0/VCo7AMVCCEI/AAAAAAAAAPo/EqGgl8fn54s/s1600/NeptuneTeam600.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, gazza said:

Interesting to see how the little Cobras go, need something to fill the hole that the Ninco classics left.

Probably over powered and need 5 or 6 magnets to keep them on the track.

@gazzaThe (roofless) Cobra  & the notchback Mustangs are the ones that tick the box for me. The Cobra is one that I have wanted for a while. I'm also curious to see how the Cobra will go.

Edited by Oldskool62

I am thinking the Cobra will have the FF050  motor in it like the Torana, and we all know how that worked out.

• Like 1

Personally the J.B. A.M. V8 is on my list, hoping the "skis" are not flexible and act like an outrigger on corners, or a flipper upperer for neighbouring competing cars :D

c4239_1.jpg

Yes I know it was supposed to be 2021, but delayed to 2022 so hope it counts.

Edited by ZeGas

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

12 hours ago, dangermouse said:

I am thinking the Cobra will have the FF050  motor in it like the Torana, and we all know how that worked out.

Yep will replace the motors with 16k ones I think. 

• Like 1