gazza

Scalextric News

This looks interesting....

PCR1_zps974d1b1d.jpg

Good to see Scaley cars can now have a 'Pro' option but at what cost? Will you have to buy a Scaley car at $$$ then buy the Chassis $$ and all the Slot.it parts $$ separately.

Why wouldn't any sane person just buy a complete Slot.it car in the first place. (Yes I do know some aren't sane,lol).

I definitely don't think most of the British Club Racers are sane. They are the ones that got all the input on the Scalex Club Racer attempt.

These are the same people who in one breath complain about lack of detail and in the next want lightweight interiors.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

From the page it looks like there will be 4 PCR cars - so I am hoping that means they will come with the slot.it chassis setup RTR and you can then change it if you want

Two more XBs. A twin pack! Moffat and Bond... At this rate, Scalextric might as well do a model of my first car, a sky blue XB Fairmont 2 door...

Just saw over the weekend Scalextric are developing the Sierra RS500 and the E30 M3

They have a new blog here http://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/news/testtrack/5505/

Hopefully a few Bathurst liveries will eventuate...

Quote "These two historic cars are brought together in the limited edition Touring Car Legends Twinpack, due for delivery in April 2016 and available to pre-order from next week."

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

They ran the regular season with XB's, but ran the enduro's with an XC front end...

The pic in the background is of the XC front end, and with the enduro numbers (larger on the roof).

I'm also not sure the ran the drivers names on the bonnet during the regular season.

Edit:

Some interesting history on these cars...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11216602

Edited by shadow_rusty

A couple of new Scalextric Cars that are relevant to many of us in Australia for one reason or other. The first is the John Bowe Mustang Sally from the 2011 Touring Car Masters series. It is another repaint of the regular Scalextric 1969 Mustang and it is very well done if maybe a little late in arriving.

Scaley JB Mustang 1.jpg

The second is the Scalextric Texaco Sierra RS500 as raced by Steve Soper in the 1988 BTCC. Basically this is the same car raced at Bathurst that year and I am sure it will also be reproduced along with some Aussie versions such as the Shell car to be released later this year. This will be an interesting car as it has the new apparently more raceworthy chassis with the flat pan interior. A quick look over the car does show a few improvements most notable being the deep guide which is welcome for any non magnet racer. I will review this car just to give some idea as to how these changes affect what you buy and if indeed the car does drive well.

Scaley Texaco 1.jpg

Looking forward to your review of the sierra.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Agreed. With the price of Scalextric cars increasing with significant regularity thier offerings need for me to more than look good or fill a hole on the shelf. I'm keen on the Johnson/Bowe Sierra myself, so a subjective review will be enjoyed by me.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

2017 Scalextric Releases

http://www.mre.co.uk/future_items/results.php?offset=20&department_ID=1&make_Name=Scalextric&sort=

Once again we'll see a few Aussie Collectables.

C3868 - Scalextric Ford Cosworth Sierra RS500 Benson & Hedges

C3869 - Scalextric Ford Falcon XC Moffat Federation

C3872 - Scalextric Ford Falcon XW # 64 Moffat

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Excellent, more Australian slotcar lead recovery + more for the cupboard, the federation xc will be a sell out

Allan%20Moffat%20Falcon%20Peter%20Arcadipane%20Sandown%20400%201979_zpsqekp4rfv.jpg

MRE104859_zpsnet9kzqz.jpg

MRE104861_zpskapvamqj.jpg

MRE104858_zpsihiskof8.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Really keen on the B & H Sierra but then I realised it will be without the cigarette livery. <_<

Really keen on the B & H Sierra but then I realised it will be without the cigarette livery. <_<

will it though...the latest release XC ford has camel filters on the front

Looks like they get away with common sense, and a sticker on the box .....

20161225_082713_zpspie8qlyq.jpg

about friggin time

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017