gazza

Scalextric News

Hi Ray

you can already get a body for one of those things now

look here......http://tassie-resins...lecarbodies.htm

I can't understand all the hype over them though, after all they got beaten regularly by a Vauxhall Viva derivative :lol:

Thanks for the link to the body they look fantastic.

Now Mr Broke I know you are a Holden fan, strong supporter and driver but please I bet even you would prefer a Falcon GTHO Phase 3 over a Vauxhall Viva. :huh: The resale value of the HO's is stratospheric and they are The Most Legendary Cars in Aus Racing History (Even if they had drum brake on the rears). :blink:

Catch up with you soon. :D

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

You forgot son of a Holden employee and 30 years there myself. It's in the blood mate.

And no, rather have a August 73 build XU-1 in my garage actually.

I'll let the mugs pay the extortionate prices for one of them old leg ends :D

Mind you I wouldn't mind one of those DTV Vivas that Gerry Marshall drove back in the 70's too.

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Guys,

Pre-production photos from NSCC November newsletter confirm 1976 XB Falcon No 9 Moffat /Schuppan car.

Yet again a change to the future livery pictured in the catalogue.

Perhaps 1977 winner will be a future 2014 release, or maybe in a 2 car set for 1977 1st and 2nd placings?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Guys,

Pre-production photos from NSCC November newsletter confirm 1976 XB Falcon No 9 Moffat /Schuppan car.

Perhaps 1977 winner will be a future 2014 release, or maybe in a 2 car set for 1977 1st and 2nd placings?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

Are you able to post the picture on here of the #9 XB. Would really like to have a look at the livery.

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Are you able to post the picture on here of the #9 XB. Would really like to have a look at the livery.

Clevo

Ditto, I have 2 on order. ( Clevo's probably waiting for his dozen :P :P :P )

Normal people worry me

In what has been, to me, a pretty lacklustre year for Scalextric, their Australian releases have been excellent. The Torana is great, the new Ford looks promising, and if I were to buy just one car that Scaley produced this year it would definitely be the Bathurst Mini. It looks excellent and is a welcome change from the red of the previous three offerings (although red is probably the iconic Mini colour).

Cheers,

Frederick

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

Clevo

Hi Guys,

unfortunately the photos of Moffat Falcon too small to upload and i dont have facility/skill to be able to do so.

Andrewi

Edited by Andrew

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Andrew

the way its going we aren't going to see any Ford XB till 2014 :lol::angry:

Does it look like this one?

4c255bfdef9e7e96067c637f522e81c8.image.1000x746.JPG

Yep this is the model scalextric producing, except the pre-production versions wheels are not same type nor gold in coluor. hopefully they will adress before production.

cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew

I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting the wheels right - I am not sure who does the research for them but I don't know if the person is a car enthusiast of any kind as they often make simple errors and sometimes quite major ones that could easily have been avoided by some basic research - eg the yellow #29 GT40 released recently was released as a GT40 MKII when the actual car was a GT40 (MK I )

DM

4c255bfdef9e7e96067c637f522e81c8.image.1000x746.JPG

wheels are not same type nor gold in coluor. hopefully they will adress before production.

cheers, Andrew

I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting the wheels right

DM

I just hope Scalextric can get the livery right. Might have to see if Racers Capri rims fit, if Scalextric balls up the Xb's wheels.

Clevo

capri_048.jpg

Edited by Cleveland

Wooo Hooo, .......................THe new V8's are now here and the 3rd Aston Martin from the James Bond collection. Theres a few pictures in the link below

Clevo

http://www.scalexworld.com/scalexworld/catalogue.aspx?action=view&cID=129

Wooo Hooo, .......................THe new V8's are now here and the 3rd Aston Martin from the James Bond collection. Theres a few pictures in the link below

Clevo

http://www.scalexwor...on=view&cID=129

I heard a couple of blokes at my club speculating that the 888 Commodore may have a new chassis ala' the FG Ford. Can anyone confirm or is it a bit of a furphy. I see it has the new wheels.

Edited by lenny broke

Clevo

http://www.scalexwor...on=view&cID=129

I heard a couple of blokes at my club speculating that the 888 Commodore may have a new chassis ala' the FG Ford. Can anyone confirm or is it a bit of a furphy. I see it has the new wheels.

Its a Furphy, the Holden Still has the old chassis. On a positive note, it looks bloody awesome.......................

Clevo

The FG Falcon Gis looks great and I cant wait to get one but Is it just me or do the fuel intakes seem to have disappeared.. If so then the car is probably not tampo printed and has a decal. Am not sure if this is often the case but I do know the diecast industry has been having all sorts of quality control problems of late relating to poorly placed decals. Any thoughts or does anyone have one yet to confirm or deny this.

Tintin

Edited by tintin

The FG Falcon Gis looks great and I cant wait to get one but Is it just me or do the fuel intakes seem to have disappeared.. If so then the car is probably not tempo printed and has a decal. Am not sure if this is often the case but I do know the diecast industry has been having all sorts of quality control problems of late relating to poorly placed decals. Any thoughts or does anyone have one yet to confirm or deny this.

Tintin

RM-Scaletrics-V8-SP-Tools-03.jpg

RM-Scaletrics-V8-SP-Tools-12.jpg

RM-Scaletrics-V8-SP-Tools-14.jpg

RM-Scaletrics-V8-SP-Tools-13.jpg

...............Take it easy

Looks like decals to me. If so does that mean they will be easy to strip for a repaint?

It's a shame they are lowering their standard with these. e.g. ignoring the fuel filler.

Normal people worry me

The V8's tend to swap the side the drybreak fueling valves depending on the pitlane direction at each circuit ie: Winton they're on the left but at Sandown they swap to the right side . Maybe the reference pics Hornby used to make the livery didn't show the filler on that side .

New batch of Scalextic just in, including the two V8's and the last of the James Bond Aston DB5

Decenberreleases.jpg

VanGisbergen.jpg

Must admit the pussy mobile does look good, might even have to get one ....

Lowndes.jpg

Latest news on the XA-B-C is January 2013

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017