Scalextric News

gazza

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hanging out for the Bastos Camaro and the 80 Z28 street car. Dave Kennedy had a Bastos car that Scalextric sent him. IMO it is one of the best looking cars,

I have a 1:1 78 Camaro and will be doing the street car as a replica of it. @munterdid some awesome american racing whel torq thust D inserts which my real car has.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Oldskool62 said:

@mus-28 if they bring out what you say; my credit card will be getting hammered. 

The Grice car would be great. As for the Bartlett car; if they are bringing out the 1980 z28 then the Bartlett car may become a reality. That car would sell quite well in America as it is pretty well known amongst our American friends. As a matter of fact I was discussing that car on a forum in the states.

Is that the car that ended on its roof going up the mountain Oldskool?

• 2 months later...

Just had a quick look through the 2022 range Gary.

Good to see them finally bringing some buildings back.

Just read elsewhere that the building are one piece resin too.

Being a fan of the Gulf livery I don't know if it's just me or do most of the 2021/2022 releases look more 'toy like'.

Of the 4 new 2022 Gulf liveries only the Aston Martin 'Dirty Girl' looks good IMO.

The Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile looks cool, probably pick up 1.

And you can't have the first two Back to the Future cars without the third, that makes 2.

Still waiting on Kitt from the 2021 Catalogue, that'll be 3.

There's some nice new cars, smaller list than usual but understandable in todays World.

With the price of most of the new releases listed around 53 Pounds ($100) I think I'd rather spend my slot money on other brands.

An NSR, Slot.it, Revoslot etc don't look that expensive anymore compared to Scalextric, especially given their quality components.

Looking forward to seeing what the 2022 Australian releases will be.

Matt

Edited by mattcrackers
  • Like 1