Scalextric News

gazza

Guessing it's another month until they do the Australian only releases.

Hoping for:

Grice Craven Mild A9X

Rutherford/Guthrie A9X - would probably sell well in the US as well.

Bartlett Camaro Z28 but may require too many alterations to make it look similar

Brock, Seton or Bond Sierras

Street toranas to run alongside the Falcons.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Guessing it's another month until they do the Australian only releases.

Hoping for:

Grice Craven Mild A9X

Rutherford/Guthrie A9X - would probably sell well in the US as well.

Bartlett Camaro Z28 but may require too many alterations to make it look similar

Brock, Seton or Bond Sierras

Street toranas to run alongside the Falcons.

@mus-28 if they bring out what you say; my credit card will be getting hammered. 

The Grice car would be great. As for the Bartlett car; if they are bringing out the 1980 z28 then the Bartlett car may become a reality. That car would sell quite well in America as it is pretty well known amongst our American friends. As a matter of fact I was discussing that car on a forum in the states.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldskool62 said:

I would also like to see Alan Moffat's Chevy Monza as well. 

You can buy a Carrera Monza and do a repaint of that. I have one and the decals to do it just need enough time. I doubt you would see the Moffat one released as a product by anyone but you never know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaynus said:

It would be interesting to know how "Aussie release" sales / model runs compare in regards to volume. Not very large in the scheme of things I would imagine, but enough to make it worth their while, obviously!

From what I was told they need a run of minimum 1500. This was when the company I work for had both the alliance and freightliner V8's. We were going to get the run done but we end up going with Biante 1/18 scale as my boss thought customers would get more out of a model.

When you see some of the limited editions they appear to be quite often 3000 type number runs.

From MRE

SCALEXTRIC BATMOBILE - you will all have noticed that this car comes with Batman but NO Robin ! Disgraceful - but there may be an answer. Today I have had discussions with the relevant people and can have a ROBIN figure created to go in the Scalextric car. I am happy to proceed with this if there is enough interest. Cost uncertain at the moment, and it would be supplied unpainted, but it would certainly complete the car. Please show your interest on the MRE Facebook page, or email to MRE directly at mre@mre.co.uk if you would be interested in a ROBIN figure for your Batmobile.

• Like 2

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

5 hours ago, Shaynus said:

Good to see the Batmobile looks to be a decent size by how it fits in the box. The Scalextric versions of the Batmobile from the Kenton/ Nicholson movie, and the "Tumbler" versions from the later series of movie are quite small to what I expected them to be.

@ShaynusDave Kennedy on his slot car news official youtube channel said he is curious about the scale as he said that it might need a bigger case.

1 hour ago, mtpanorama said:

Watch the video, it shows the Batmobile in the current case.

That's what I was going by when I commented on it's size.

Apparently (in that video or on another forum? I can't remember!) the Polar Lights 1/32 plastic kit is slightly over scale and the Scalextric on is either 1/32 or slightly under scale (probably to ensure it fitted in a standard case), so if you line them up side by side the Scalextric one will be shorter.

As an aside, I actually stated "slotifying" a Polar lights plastic kit as a Covid project, but it is still sitting in a pile probably 1/4 finished, and most likely will be for quite a while yet! :lol:

Edited by Shaynus

Must say, Gazza's pics from the 6th have me poking around my pockets for any spare cash to turn into slot cars......

and in my wife's handbag (wish me luck, if I'm not back in 3 days, someone erect a memorial to foolhardy bravery.) 

• Like 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: