Perth Hills Rally Track

silver rocket

Ira,

Dwellingup, Harvey, Bannister, Collie.............you only need to add Waroona and Pinjarra and you have the complete set of inbred hick towns of WA (for the record, Kirk and I are from Waroona but we are frsh DNA to the town)!

Agree with Kirk and Embs on the live stock.

....I also like the heinz tin!!! Did you have to down the bake beans for dinner or was that one of the wippa snappas? Dunny and dog kennel look spot on also

Lookin good Shazza! (quote from some bogan light beer add that was on a couple of years ago!)

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick up date...

A mate of mine put this plug Syd gave me in so now that is all sorted...

51.jpg

Upgraded the power supply to this so I can vary the volts for kids & adults etc...

58.jpg

Track testing today was held up for a short time... :D

50.jpg

I added about 30 trees and am starting to finish areas off...

54.jpg

52.jpg

57.jpg

63.jpg

60.jpg

Added a workshop which will have men welding eventually...

59.jpg

56.jpg

53.jpg

The track also now has kart hire :D

64.jpg

The locals got two new dirt bikes...

62.jpg

Helipad has been moved to southern loop for final construction

61.jpg

Thats all for now....

Edited by silver rocket

I Miss Brocky...

Looking good Ira!!

.....Just hope the helicopter pilot isnt 'crazy' enough to have a fly whilst the rally is going on!!!

That sheppard might want to be a little more careful with his sheep to...might have to fit a bull bar to the front of my car!!!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Funny you should say that Dave, while my track is getting close to finished it's not quite there yet but I had my first visitors around last night for a spin, Syd & Steve, James and a mate. Syd was the first to officially take some livestock down spearing off coming out of the esses and he took out two cows and a big ladder :P

The track was running pretty good and I think Syd liked it, he & Steve were like roos in headlights for thge first few laps just trying to work out where the bloody track goes! :D It's not the easiest track to learn but it only took James about 3-5 times & he is within a second of me now so...

Syd liked my non-mag, RWD Fiat the best I think, its fun to drive my fav car so far, lots of drifting once you get the hang of it.

Had one small hiccup with the recent heat closing the rail gaps on two corners but it only started doing it aftere everyone had done plenty of laps and I've fixed it this morning with some match sticks in the rails, the misses hair dryer and some glue in a syringe. Spread the gaps out & then glued it in place via the syringe straight into the track, it's dry already and I ran a ninco guide round it no worries, its nice to be ironing out the last small bugs. Boy doesn't plastic have a personality all of it's own though! It's a living, breathing beast :D Once you understand it it's all good but yeah it does need some love.

The next stage "Gymkhana" is going to be wood routed - braid though, it's already marked out & Syd gave it the stamp of approval last night so construction will prolly begin in Feb sometime... :ph34r:

I Miss Brocky...

Had a great night Ira and the track drives as good as it looks. I can't wait to try my Porsche now that the rail problem has been fixed. I'll see if I can find some lights for your room to sort out the lighting :D .I will have to sort out a few more cars to race as well. Catch up next Saturday night and don't forget to bring some projects with you ;)

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

Glad you liked it Syd, yeah we will get them running on there no worries even if we have to just make up a mod guide, guides are cheap enough...

Yeah I think when I'm not using the track I'll just keep some match sticks in those spots to offer some resistance to the expanding and only take them out to use it. Can't see why this won't fix it for good, it will only be a problem for maybe a few months a year anyway here...

See ya on Saturday...

I Miss Brocky...

• 10 months later...

It's been a "while" since my last update ;) what can I say, it's been a busy year! :D

Anyway it's getting close to being finished now, there is a few things left to do, the backgrounds on the side boards, the water needs a few more coats & a few bits here & there but generally the main scenery is nearly done...

I've done a quick preview vid which is uploading now and took some pics today just on the misses cheap camera for now so the quality isn't great but its okay, once it's all done I'll make a proper video and take some good pics on my good digital SLR when it's done...

Okay here is a basic wide shot so you know where everything is etc...

95.jpg

From the other end

94.jpg

Looking towards the esses and the pine forrest, the background here will be a pine plantation

69.jpg

Looking from the Heli Pad side, Heli pad has working flashing LED's...

70.jpg

The Zig Zag, start & workshop overveiw, the background at this end will be a sunset

89.jpg

The middle section overview...

93.jpg

The roadworks chicane with flashing orange LED sign, also a working campfire in the background also with working flashing LED's...

83.jpg

The fire up close

87.jpg

Wide shot

82-1.jpg

Round the back of the house

92.jpg

Front yard

81.jpg

Back yard

80.jpg

Sniper :ph34r:

90.jpg

This background will be a grandstand with crowd, the Monster Energy stun team will be keeping the crowd entertained with back flips etc ;)

91.jpg

Deep in the pine forrest... :ph34r:

88.jpg

Graffiti on the bridge pylons, bloody kids...

86.jpg

One of the drains, water still to be finished...

84.jpg

The rear of the drain...

85.jpg

Crash scene on the Zig Zag loop

79.jpg

The workshop with welding LED's that also flash like a welder...

78.jpg

Rear of the workshop

77.jpg

Zig Zag wide shot

72.jpg

Zig Zag detail...

76.jpg

75.jpg

74.jpg

Hand painted roos

73.jpg

71.jpg

I'll post the video up tomorrow

I Miss Brocky...

Gosh. There's a huge amount going on there. Looking forward to seeing the full video.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Seems I've got to head west for a family wedding sometime next year. Couldn't possibly consider going that far without taking the time to play somewhere.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I was thinking about a trip to WA early in the new year. :D

not sure the wife would appreciate bringing my toys along :D :D

You can just run my cars ;) I live like ten mins from the airport so if u do come drop me a pm & you'd be most welcome to come round for a run

Seems I've got to head west for a family wedding sometime next year. Couldn't possibly consider going that far without taking the time to play somewhere.

You would be most welcome of course although my scenery is not worthy of such royalty B)

Whoa hang on a sec, are you telling me that my humble shed could possibly be getting a visit by the queen of diorama next year?! :blink::D

I Miss Brocky...

'Sok. I don't demand you get a new toilet seat or anything like that. Though it is likely that I'll be travelling with a slightly older bloke who's likely to make oddly random and possibly questionable comments. :D

No idea when said wedding is likely to be. The later in the year the more chance of being able to afford the journey. Figure if we do get over there it'd be a good idea to do a 'royal progress' shall we say, because there's not a largely likelihood of getting back in a hurry.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

No worries, I'll make sure I duck down to Carpet Land for some of the red stuff :P

Shouldn't cost u too much I get return airfares from all over aus under $500 regulary to Perth, make sure u amke some time to look round while u are here, there are a few tracks here worth a look, you'd like Dave's scenery and Syd's track is right around the cnr... like I said if u make it over ur welcome to come round for a spin...

I Miss Brocky...

Will definitely be having a poke around a lot of places if we manage to get over there. This will be the second of HL's nephews to be married in Perth. We missed out on the first one, so would dearly love to make our way over for this one. And I can guarantee there will be some cars in the hand luggage if we do.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg