boslot

Devious Daves Paint Shop

Here are some pics of daves re-paints & he also makes he own decals, great guy also.

BO ;)

porschegti.jpg

mclarenfi01.jpg

Edited by boslot

Like the 1:1's though, the girls aren't cheap. AU$50 for the three :P Anyone know where to find them cheaper?

Watch this space.

They all look sensational !

My favorite is the Porsche Evo.

Well done.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

There's a story attached to the Mustang or Camaro, I can't remember which one. But one of them has been overseas and did very very well at a proxy race against the world's best in Seattle. A team effort if I remember correctly, Joe Schumacher did the wheels and tyres and Devious built the rest, including superdetailed roll cage etc.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Bump, both cars went to Seattle for the proxy race, run by the Puget Sound Group. The Camaro got second, apparently the length of the straight behind the winner and the Mustang got fifth, one lap down. Joe did a great job setting the cars up for a race 10,000 miles away. :ph34r: Devious.

Her is a few pictures of another of Daves works of art. These are of his Fly Racing Saleen as raced in the Sebring12 hour by David Brabham.

daves01.jpg

dave02.jpg

daves03.jpg

Hi Dave,

Fantastic work! The Vette steals it for me <_<

If you don't mind me asking, do you use an ALPS Printer?

and if so what model?

I'm considering purchasing one but am not really sure which model would be best.

Also would you consider writing a "How to" on producing your own decals.

Kind Regards

NimROD

Nimrod, yes it's an Alps printer, MD1000, but I believe they are not made any more, so good luck in tracking one down. As for how to, I find that each job generally has it's own individual approach and it's own unique set of problems, but basically, when printing with white, you have to overlay at least once, twice is preferable but noy always practicable, to get a reasonably opaque result. If you do get hold of an Alps I'd be happy to help any time. Devious Dave.

Hi dave,

Thankyou for the info and offer to help, I would very much appreciate it.

I should know in the next few days if I'm a proud owner of an Alps MD1000.

A quick question for now, did you need a new power supply for the printer?

I only ask this because I'll be getting it from the US.

Regards

NimROD

Nimrod, my printer connects straight in to the 240. Most equipment is automatically internally adaptable these days, but it would be wise to check first. I dare say you'll have to invest in a new power cord anyway as one with the printer will be for the USofA. It should also come with software containing the necessary drivers. If you get stuck, I may be able to help. Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks again, I'll keep that in mind.

A couple of more question if I may.

In your experience, which brand of decal paper is best and do all printed decals need to be "finished" or "coated" prior to placing them in water.

Sorry for all the question, next time I'll PM or email you.

Regards

Vlad

Nimrod, I got my decal paper from micromark.com in the USofA, 100 sheets will last me a lifetime.They also sell various other products, like setting solutions and decal solvents etc. If it's available, go for clear paper with a blue backing, it makes the white decals easier to see and apply. I don't have this and there are times when I wish I did. The cost works out at about US$1 per sheet retail then add postage. It's still cheaper than buying it locally for about $10 for a half sheet. Dave

Now for the second question, on high quality, the Alps printer will apply a gloss finish to the finished decal, but basically, nothing is needed but care when applying them. A clear finish on the model is absolutely necessary as without it you can scratch them with a fingernail. I've been using Tamiya clear finish with no problems and good results. Dave

Nimrod

Don't keep your questions to yourself. They are helpful to all on the site who may be thinking about doing just the same.

Hi Guy's,

Thanks again Dave.

The printer should get here in the next couple of weeks.

Any information on where to buy new ink cartridges and paper & decal paper?

or would I be able to place an order through you?

Vinno, will do.

I just hope I'm not putting too much pressure on you Dave.

Kind Regards

Vlad

Well here is Daves lastest repaint and new entrent for the next Auslot Trans AM race. Great job Dave.

greyghost.jpg

Great looking car!

Bo, just wondered what the make/model was?

Was :P

Hi Was

It was a Carrera GTO PONTIAC street car but now has a Scalextric chassis fitted, Bob Tullius ran the prototype know as the Gray Ghost in the US.

Regards Bo