I Cant Believe What I Just Seen

Obsidith

a new person moved in last night and about a hour ago he came to our door telling he shot dead my pure breed cat cause it looked like crossing the fence line

the police said there is not much they can do anyone know of what i can do ?

If this is for real, try the RSPCA would be a good start. Suprising the police said they could do nothing as they shot a gun in public, what are they doing with a gun? Do they have a license for the gun? You cant just go around shooting stuff

Thanks

Greg

If the cat was on your property, you can have him charged under the firearms act. Since he was aware it was your animal and it hadn't crossed the fence line, sue him for damages and loss of ALL potential income wether you were going to breed it or not.

Stu

Old racers race harder

I'd get a second opinion in regards to what the police have told you.Also if your neighbour has a firearms license he will know that he may only shoot on his own property or a property with written permission of the owner(if he doesn't he's screwed).So if your cat was shot on your property you have a legal case.cheers

Tomi.

After the following cars,preferably in mint condition:-C2545,C2510,C2890.Also after any American or Aussie muscle cars.Email me Dwanted1@hotmail.com if you can help,thanks in advance,Tomi.

Slot car racing is much like sex,everyone thinks they are good at it.

Firstly, sincere condolences Obsidith. I know how the little blighters get under your skin. My current feline master is just a moggie, but he's 15 and he's stuck by me through an awful lot. And his predecessor was an 17 year old siamese. They definitely become family members.

One question that springs to mind, and unfortunately it is one that could make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Was she wearing a collar? Regardless of wether or not she was pedigree (obviously so or otherwise) the wearing of a collar means that she can't be considered 'feral.'

There are actually only two animals (non-feral) that are allowed to be shot if they stray over a boundary in a rural community. Geese and goats. And in both instances it is because they have such destructive potential to 'crops' and gardens. But again, they have to be physically on the other fellows property.

As you've had no glory from the police (though I would try again with them and definitely in person), I'd next try RSPCA as suggested and also shire/council by-laws.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

well legally we own the land as he rented it off us

the cat was on our side of the fence line I keeped calling the police untill they came all they seem to do was talk to him for 5 mins and left havent heard a thing im totally heart broken

I feel for my 9 y/o daughter is so upset its not funny and it wasnt her cat

thanks for the comments

Untitled-1.jpg

Very sorry mate. I'd take a few deep breaths, you'll be more calmand considered in the morning,

I'd say he has broken several laws, but the beaggers just deicded it was in the "too hard" basket, or not important enough.

I don't know if the law is the same in Oz as here, but here, if police fail to act, you can file a case with the police complaints authority.

Id say a trip to the station tomorrow, to talk with senior officers, and see what ahppens from there.

I'd also suggest you want rid of that tenant.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I feel for you, I would keep on to the police and also seek advice from the RSPCA,they will probably know the legal situation.

We have two pure breds here and it is semi rural and our cars wonder every where,BUT no one in this area would shoot one of them. This guy has some problems. I am sure you should be able to have him charged for shooting on your property.

It is a bit complicated isnt it.

He is your tenant and he has done you wrong......you do have various choices.

How was his attitude? Was he remorseful? Did he offer to make recompence in some way?

Maybe you need to have another talk with the guy and discuss his options, which arent many as he has stuffed up bigtime.

regards and hope for a positive(if possible under the circumstances) outcome.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

he dont know we own the place next door as we go through a real estate agent.

he didnt seem to care i said how he has upset my child as he has killed a loving pet and a loved member of my family he said and your point i almost went for him im lucky my father grabbed me

I want him gone

sorry for bring this all up in a slot car forum

Untitled-1.jpg

sorry for bring this all up in a slot car forum

Hey mate ...the forum is about people first... then slotcars.

Sounds like you should take a step back and talk your options over with friends/advisors/advocates.

You will have to take further action.

He sounds like a callous person who doesnt seem to know what "sorry" means so he gets what is coming.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" ..................... kick the ba^%$*ard out!

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

First stop tomorrow as suggested, down the police station and speak to senior officers. Second stop is your solicitor to msee if you can bring civil action and have him evicted. Because you own the land, I think he still needs your permission to have firearms on it. He has also fired into your resident property which is an offence under the firearms act. Take the b@$^@rd out!

Stu

Old racers race harder

ok i have a update just had the police and rangers rock up

they picked up missy (the cat) to check he had shot it and confirm which gun he had used as he claims he didnt shot it now and it was a rabbit.

I have given a statement to the police have asked them to press chargers.

As for having him removed there is a something in the lease we can give him notice 28 days and he will have to leave which will be done first thing tomorrow

thank you all for your support

Jason

Untitled-1.jpg

The NSW law states you must have owners permission to discharge firearms on someone elses property.

Ask the (senior) police officer why your tenant wasn't charged with unlawful firearm discharge as this is a criminal offence. This should hopefully get the police to do something. You don't need to get a solicitor involved unless you don't get satisfaction from the police.

OK, you posted just before I hit the enter button. Looks like things are progressing. Good, hope the b@stard gets what he deserves.

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Good luck

Tenancy laws mean you'll have to go through due process to get rid of him

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

You've got 2 grievances. Unlawful firearm discharge and failure of the police to charge your tenant. If the ranger can't do something you need to find out why the police didn't do their duty when the offence was reported.

With a bit of luck they might have 2nd thoughts about doing nothing.

I live in a little country town in NSW and we treat anything to do with guns as very serious.

May the downforce be with you.

If you aren't satisfied with the ranger &/or police,i'd try the RSPCA.They do not look too kindly on that type of behaviour & will probably push for charges to be laid if the police won't.

Out of curiosity did they say what calibre gun he used?How big is the farm?All the information you get off the police can be used against him,so get as much as you can.

After the following cars,preferably in mint condition:-C2545,C2510,C2890.Also after any American or Aussie muscle cars.Email me Dwanted1@hotmail.com if you can help,thanks in advance,Tomi.

Slot car racing is much like sex,everyone thinks they are good at it.

If you aren't satisfied with the ranger &/or police,i'd try the RSPCA.They do not look too kindly on that type of behaviour & will probably push for charges to be laid if the police won't.

Out of curiosity did they say what calibre gun he used?How big is the farm?All the information you get off the police can be used against him,so get as much as you can.

im not sure on the size of the farm i will ask my parents. it was a shot gun thats all i know at this stage i know nothing about guns at all

but i will go to the station in the morning and find out what i can

i will keep everyone posted

bad thing is im worried about my other 2 cats

Untitled-1.jpg