Powering Plastic Tracks Properly?

2 replies to this topic

#1 silver rocket

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

I've got a plastic rally track (will be posting pics later today) setup on two table tennis tables, bout 17sec laps on each table. I have mainly SCX track with a growing portion of new scaley track.

When I hook the two tables together the power doesn't go all the way round, I kinda expected this as I realise it's a common problem. My question is should I just stick to the scx booster cables or can you make your own? Or is there some u beaut power unit that will fix all my woes? What do most ppl do?

Thanks in advance
I Miss Brocky...

#2 Davnic74

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

View Postsilver rocket, on Oct 27 2009, 11:48 AM, said:

I've got a plastic rally track (will be posting pics later today) setup on two table tennis tables, bout 17sec laps on each table. I have mainly SCX track with a growing portion of new scaley track.

When I hook the two tables together the power doesn't go all the way round, I kinda expected this as I realise it's a common problem. My question is should I just stick to the scx booster cables or can you make your own? Or is there some u beaut power unit that will fix all my woes? What do most ppl do?

Thanks in advance

Black backed copper tape your rails, and on the table joins solder some wires to the track rails and plugs onto the other end to connect the tables.
Regard's
David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build
Gallery Raceway Build.
Heany Park Raceway Build

#3 mtpanorama

Slot Car Racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

You can solder wires across every join, I did this with my track and have had no problems with power.

http://www.auslot.co...?showtopic=3140

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users